Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does 'pork renderer' mean to you?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, November 14, 2019, 05:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Imagine you knew absolutely nothing about the process but understood what the two words relate to.

Express what it means to render pork, to be a pork renderer, to undertake pork rendition/rending.

It would help human progress if you did.

Twed

I grew up on a pig farm and yet the first thing that comes to mind is

If I considered it for a couple of minutes I'd probably suggest it means the production of lard, and then it would trigger further thoughts about whether the market for real lard is big enough for this to occur on an industrial scale still, ever since real lard became gentrified, and then I'd start wondering what other commercial uses there are for pig fat.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It means everything to me, possibly more than very life itself.

Twed

Oh you asked about the actual process.

Well, I would think of it mainly on a domestic scale, as I don't know the industrial process.

Everybody who has cooked bacon has rendered pork as a side-effect. People who want lard itself as an end product will have slowly cooked pork and discarded the protein, filtering the released fat to
end up with pure lard. They might have invested in a "lard keeper" if they're too good to keep it in a jar like normal folk.

Industrially, I bet it's a similar process but in a vat.

Twed

I'm really excited to think about pork rendering, thank you for this opportunity Shoulders.

hamfist

It has a very specific memory for me. My mum, working in her job delivering water treatment to boilers at a local pork renderer, and being utterly greened-out by the entire look, demeanour and smell of the place - being given greasy penguin biscuits by the very kind and genuinely lovely staff member there who had Down's syndrome and loved my mum to bits - but her then not being able to eat them due to the surrounding grimness and rank stench, layer of rendered pork grease, and having to throw them away with a guilty conscience.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Twed

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is the image on the cover intended to convey to the reader a Last Judgement type message? In social realist style.

idunnosomename

a man employed to cover pigs in pebbledash in order to protect them in environments with high winds.

Twed

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 14, 2019, 06:21:56 PM
Is the image on the cover intended to convey to the reader a Last Judgement type message? In social realist style.
I think it's intended to be an image of Heaven for its intended audience.

jobotic

Peaky Blinders' rivals weren't it?

I'm going to dress like a Pork Renderer. In Superdry.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 14, 2019, 05:51:54 PM
Imagine you knew absolutely nothing about the process but understood what the two words relate to.

Express what it means to render pork, to be a pork renderer, to undertake pork rendition/rending.

It would help human progress if you did.

Did you know me and your mum are fucking now? We just meet up and have outrageous bald sex - every hole, every penis, every type of lube and Marmite imaginable. Your dad likes us to video tape it so he can masturbate to our rompings, and sometimes he sends us photos of his cums on whatsapp lol.

Anyway, regarding this topic, pork renderer doesn't mean anything to me. Is it someone called Blake?

Cuellar

Johnny Yesno

Sherman Krank

I hear he likes to render them immobile before he starts.