Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wandering round public areas of hotels in your pyjamas

Started by touchingcloth, November 14, 2019, 07:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Great, isn't it? Pure liberated decadence. Not on a Weinstein way, mind - none of this "ooh, me bollock's out me gown", just fully dressed but in pyjamas instead of a pantsuit. And yet doing the same at a restaurant or down Asdas feels like a moral line has been crossed - it's just hotels where it is not only appropriate but fulfilling.

imitationleather

Keep meaning to do this when I go to the Greggs downstairs for me filth.

Cuellar

Dex Sawash

touchingcloth

Pijlstaart

Not sure any of this would be allowed. Sister-in-law tried to wear pyjamas to breakfast at family gatherings and we had to nip that in the bud, we're not chimpanzees. She's rotten to the core. In a hotel is unconscionable, and I hope there are consequences.

thenoise

My friend Rich did a tour of the 4th floor of Claridges with his knob out.

momatt

NoSleep

Is this some Kardashian style shit, as I noticed several women turning up at the local Co-op in pyjamas and dressing gowns in the last year or two?

Norton Canes

What's a 'pantsuit'?

Yeah I could Google it but I feel an explanation would be more rewarding

Icehaven

Quote from: NoSleep on November 15, 2019, 09:35:39 AM
Is this some Kardashian style shit, as I noticed several women turning up at the local Co-op in pyjamas and dressing gowns in the last year or two?

That's been going on for ages, I remember reading a news article years ago about schools having to ask Mums picking their kids up to please not turn up in their pyjamas. And I think there was a branch of Tescos that banned pyjama wearing customers as well, on hygiene grounds or something (although given they have no idea what people get up to in their day clothes anyway that seems a bit spurious, think they just didn't like it.)

momatt

Quote from: NoSleep on November 15, 2019, 09:35:39 AM

Supermarkets is scummy as fuck.  Hotels is acceptable I think, because it's like your own house.

SteveDave

I once stayed in a hotel and, after taking many drinks, I woke up early in the morning needing a piss and walked through the door to use the toilet. I thought the bathroom was very bright and then I heard the hotel room door sshhhhhhhhhclk shut behind me.

I was stood in the corridor in a flamboyant shirt and a pair of very brief briefs. I span around in horror and then gingerly knocked on the door I believed was mine. It was answered by an Australian man fresh from the shower. He very kindly gave me a towel.

I wrapped it around my waist and walked to the front desk. Halfway there I thought "Hang on, it looks like I've got no pants on with this" so instead I threw it over my shoulder like I was on my way to the pool (the hotel didn't have a pool).

At the front desk I asked what room I was in. After a look of confusion, I was told and walked calmly away until I was out of their sight and then pegged it back to safety. I don't remember if I pissed or it all came out as sweat.

TL;DR- SteveDave used to wear tiny pants.

Inspector Norse

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Wore my pyjamas down to the laundry room in a Japanese hotel. Thought I was going to get deported.

buttgammon

Did this in a hostel in Amsterdam. I was really high and went down in my pyjamas to get a load of tangy cheese Doritos from the vending machine.

Not as bad as the last time I was over there, this time staying on the 15th floor of a really fancy hotel. I ate too much space cake in the room and ended up getting that weird sound thing where everything sounds like it's coming from two directions at once, but Mrs G wanted to go for a smoke and insisted I come down with her. I could barely stand up straight, let alone act like a normal human being. We got in the lift and on the next floor down, it picked up a load of men in tuxedos and masks, and women in fetish gear, who'd evidently been to some kinky sort of party in the hotel. I spent the rest of the lift journey (which felt like an hour or more) staring at the lift buttons, because everything else in the lift was either skin, latex, leather or mirror. I was absolutely desperate to laugh. I think I was wearing a pyjama top and jeans, but can't really remember.

seepage

can you still do a quick dash in your jim-jams from the Gatwick Sofitel to M&S to get more munchies & booze?

Icehaven

Quote from: buttgammon on November 15, 2019, 12:35:45 PM

Not as bad as the last time I was over there, this time staying on the 15th floor of a really fancy hotel. I ate too much space cake in the room and ended up getting that weird sound thing where everything sounds like it's coming from two directions at once, but Mrs G wanted to go for a smoke and insisted I come down with her. I could barely stand up straight, let alone act like a normal human being. We got in the lift and on the next floor down, it picked up a load of men in tuxedos and masks, and women in fetish gear, who'd evidently been to some kinky sort of party in the hotel. I spent the rest of the lift journey (which felt like an hour or more) staring at the lift buttons, because everything else in the lift was either skin, latex, leather or mirror. I was absolutely desperate to laugh. I think I was wearing a pyjama top and jeans, but can't really remember.

Would have been even better if one of them had said ''You should be ashamed, going about dressed like that.''

Dr Rock

I don't own any pyjamas because I am over 10 years old.

buttgammon

Quote from: icehaven on November 15, 2019, 12:59:09 PM
Would have been even better if one of them had said ''You should be ashamed, going about dressed like that.''

Yes!

I think I may have had a jacket over the top, my memory of that night is quite hazy though. This is the same week I dropped a spliff on my shoe and burned a hole in it, so disheveled was certainly the theme, all the more conspicuous for being in such a posh (if weird) hotel.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 15, 2019, 01:01:13 PM
I don't own any pyjamas because I am over 10 years old.

I suppose it's "cool" and "rad" to be freezing cold at night now is it?

Icehaven

On the Monday morning of a particularly muddy Glastonbury I'd completely run out of unmuddied clothes and it was boiling hot so I just worn my pyjamas as we walked across the site to the carpark. At one point a van drove past and a bloke leant out of the window and asked me why I was wearing pyjamas. I glared at him and said it was boiling, and he just drove off but we were at Glastonbury ffs! There were people wearing the most ridiculous clothing you can possibly think of, or nothing at all, and he's moved to question someone in a very staid pair of dark blue pyjamas? Unless he meant ''Why are you wearing pyjamas and not a neon tutu with a leopard print bathing costume?" 

NoSleep

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 15, 2019, 01:03:53 PM
I suppose it's "cool" and "rad" to be freezing cold at night now is it?

Haven't got a duvet?

Glebe

You can't just go wandering around a hotel, dressed as y'please!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Cuellar on November 14, 2019, 08:06:25 PM
What's a hotel doing in my pyjamas!!

Hooray for Captain Spaulding! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!