Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How to stop a cold?

Started by Lost Oliver, November 15, 2019, 10:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

I got some First Defence and some Voost which is basically Berocca but Australian and therefore exotic and worth an extra 20p. And I got some more fruit too, including mangoes which I find totally tasteless.

I do feel a bit better now but as I've tried everything I can't say for certain what helped the most. Or whether it's all placebo. Gonna have a nap now. No energy for a wank which actually proves that I'm still not feeling great.

Be interested to hear about the results of your experiment Beagle.

Chollis

I'd feel a lot better if you had a wank to be honest. Don't let this thing win.

Lost Oliver

If I change my mind you'll be the first one to know mate.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: jake thunder on November 15, 2019, 02:27:50 PM
How so? What are other sources of zinc besides guns, telephones, zinc ore etc...?

Rolf Lundgren

I knew a bloke who at the first sign of a cold would jump into his sauna that he had at the bottom of his garden. He claimed he'd never had a cold since he started doing it. It makes sense from a layman's view at least as it flushes everything out.

NoSleep

How so? What are other sources of zinc besides guns, telephones, zinc ore etc...?

Zinc in foodstuffs.

Calistan

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on November 15, 2019, 06:21:03 PM
I knew a bloke who at the first sign of a cold would jump into his sauna that he had at the bottom of his garden. He claimed he'd never had a cold since he started doing it. It makes sense from a layman's view at least as it flushes everything out.

If you don't have a sauna you could try building a sweat house:

http://www.irishmegaliths.org.uk/sweathouses.htm

Quote from: SteveDave on November 15, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
I do this too. It burns like bad coke but seems to destroy all germs deid.
Yes, there is an element of going "AGH ACKKK ARGGHHH"... not of course that I have ever taken cocaine, mother.

Lost Oliver

Feel like shit again. I've been had lads.

Jasha

Pop a galvanized nail up yer shitter, while having a wank, in a hot bath, wearing your hat.

Flatulent Fox

You'll need this gear.
Use the stick to savagely beat anyone you suspect of harboring a virus coming near you.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on November 15, 2019, 06:21:03 PM

Saunas are scientifically proven to lessen the incidence of colds, but as shoulders says, once the cold has taken hold it's all just symptom relief. Other than that, water fasting ie. abstaining from food, may hasten its departure. Probably a bit late for that now though.