Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokemon Sword/Shield

Started by Dog Botherer, November 15, 2019, 07:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I've got this and a Switch in the post at the mo. Fuck knows when it will arrive but I am hyped.

Please tell me it is good.

kittens

don't pick the crying frog at the start

Dog Botherer

also made the mistake of picking sobble. little fucking narc. binned him as soon as i beat the game.

i've been grinding out some dynamax raids over christmas, getting a bit bored of it now. had a go at the battle tower and pasted a couple of cunts with very little effort. doesn't seem to be a whole lot else to do, unless they dump some fairly hefty dlc (yes i know this will not happen).

all in all, it was fine. mechanics were good, it was way too easy to max out your pokémon for it being as short a game as it is. story was crap but pokémon stories tend to be hit or miss anyway.

my one recommendation would be not to use the XP candies from the raids and just stick to old school leveling, if possible. otherwise you'll be level 70 after about 18 hours game time and absolutely wiping everyone out.

kittens

completed the main story last night. very very easy. frustratingly low amount of good mons, just boring ugly crap. playing the rest now and it is also bad and boring. i like camping and tickling my big monsters with a little feather til they hit me but other than that i think this has been trash.

imitationleather

On the upside, my girlfriend doesn't realise how easy it is so when she watches me play she thinks I am really good at it and it is buying me back some of the respect I lost when she saw those rats that can drive cars.

Bazooka

Quote from: kittens on January 05, 2020, 08:19:29 PM
completed the main story last night. very very easy. frustratingly low amount of good mons, just boring ugly crap. playing the rest now and it is also bad and boring. i like camping and tickling my big monsters with a little feather til they hit me but other than that i think this has been trash.

The stupid thing is, Gamefreak would still shift the same amount of units if they made it more challenging,pokemon sells itself, kids can be good at harder games. But dey be dum developers.

kittens

that's the game completed then. caught shield dog, beat (and hopefully interacted with) hop for the last time, became ultimate king of pokemons. i feel like i have been tricked by this game. all of the new mons aside from falinks are no good. all the routes between cities are tiny, all the cities are tiny, the story was non existent until literally the very end and the only bit i found slightly challenging was fighting hop's magic dog, until i realised i should use my magic dog on his magic dog. i went in with such hope, and got excited by some of the funny early pokemon. but they mostly become big shit and nothing happens at all. very disappointing. i wish it had been almost entirely different.

madhair60

new Mystery Dungeon :) :) :) :)

C_Larence

Can't agree with the comments that there's nothing to do. I've had the game for a few days now, played for almost 32 hours total, caught 157 seen 208 and I haven't even got the 4th badge yet. Do agree that Hop can fuck off though.

Dog Botherer

it went off a cliff very quickly for me. was playing 2-3 hours a day for weeks then just stopped.

not sure i fancy the DLC. two islands for 30 quid is steep.