Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Seven Worlds, One Planet

Started by alan nagsworth, November 17, 2019, 10:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Turned me off animal-based food products for good. Absolutely fucking vital, brilliant, beautiful and devastating telly. I'm finding it hard to watch because it pulls no punches in being brutally frank about how much we are absolutely shagging the back end out of our planet. It's beyond thought-provoking.

Everyone here and in real life knows I'm soft as mashed potato but bloody hell this shit's really putting my heart through the wringer. Fuck humans, it's the plight of literally any animal that rips me to shreds. The stupid albatross. The penguins. The snow monkeys. The fuckin WALRUS mate, falling off that cliff, what the FUCK!!! Also the bit in episode 2 with the viper oh my GOD. Properly yelling WOOAARRGGGHHHH at the telly.

Anyway I've only watched 2 episodes but I've gotta force myself to power on with this. Attenborough is the greatest living broadcaster, right? Has to be. A fucking saint.

alan nagsworth

Your comment directly resulted in seven orang-utans starving to death

bgmnts

You've just massacred 50 spider monkeys.

Sin Agog

Only caught a few minutes of the orangutan section as that's family night and we're too hyper and dysfunctional to sit down and watch a program.  Is...that really how you're s'posed to be pronouncing orangutan, or has someone given Dave a bum steer in the recording booth?

Twit 2

The puma hunt section of the South American one is maybe the greatest wildlife footage I've ever seen.

I too watch it practically sobbing at the majesty and how we've fucked it.

Bennett Brauer

Why does everyone imitating David Attenborough always use the word "Serengeti"?

Not the main issue, but no less tragic.

alan nagsworth

I remember reading a great spoof review of Blue Planet where the dude properly lays into Attenborough for being brainwashed by americanisms in pronouncing tuna as "toona" and not "choona". Always went on a big rant about how the dolphin footage wasn't realistic as they were clearly acting up for the cameras. I did laugh.

Josef K

I'm glad his netflix show spooked the BBC into letting him speak his mind on how we're fucking the planet. Really majestic and powerful footage. That snake bit in episode 2 was more terrifying than any horror movie.

It's the first 4k show available on iplayer too and what a showcase it is. If you've got a UHD telly you owe it to yourself to watch it.

A SNAKE EVOLVED TO HAVE A TAIL THAT'S THE SAME SHAPE AS A SPIDER SO IT CAN ATTRACT BIRDS TO KILL THEM.

If that, and those horrible lizard eating snakes off Planet Earth aren't enough to make you want to destroy all life on Earth, I don't know what is.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Yeah, hats off to the BBC for allowing Dave free reign to illustrate just how fucked the planet is (that sounds sarcastic, but it's not).

No one, surely, can watch a series like this without feeling sick to their stomach. Well done, humanity.