Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If everyone on earth over the age of 5 disappeared, would anyone left survive?

Started by ajsmith2, November 17, 2019, 11:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

I don't know much about how 5 year olds think but would they (or the vast majority of them at least) really have the wherewithal to think about how to survive long term and avoid life-threatening injuries, or do either of those things while coping with the massive trauma of their parents suddenly vanishing and having to fend for themselves in a rotting world? Does the average 5 year old have enough of a concept of the passage of time to start to accept and understand that they had to look after themselves and each other forever, or would it be more likely that they'd die still thinking they were just hiding or something? Even the most relatively bright and potentially self-sufficient ones who could read and find food etc. surely aren't going to have the nous after a week or so to go "Right, doesn't look as if the grownups are coming back anytime soon so we need to get organised." Or am I underestimating the little blighters?

Edit; How successful would the 5 year olds, the new elders of the world, be at keeping the younger ones, including small babies, alive? I'm presuming not very, not long term anyway.

Replies From View

I forgot that pets would be competing for the same food.  Yeah, the five year olds stand no chance.

Norton Canes

I think it would all depend on whether Princess Charlotte of Cambridge was still around. With her there to look up to and serve and both example and natural leader, I reckon the children of the UK at least stand a chance. If not, they're surely done for.