Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition

Started by Spiteface, November 18, 2019, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Announcement Trailer
So yeah, in spite of saying back at the launch of SFV there wouldn't be additional versions released here's the third interation of Street Fighter V. I think this is the last hurrah for the game anyway. Everything's in here, stages, costumes forty characters. Speaking of:

Gill Gameplay Trailer
Yup, Street Fighter III's final boss will be in SFV now. No sign of his bullshit Resurrection super though.

Total characters stands at 39, meaning one more is coming.
seems like as with Arcade edtion, this will be a downloadable "patch" to make the regular game into Champion edition, apart from. y'know paying for/grinding for Fight Money to get those additional characters.

That's why you always main Ken. I'd say Ryu but he sucks now.

I wish I could be excited over this, but Street Fighter V has been rough from day one. It has, however, opened my eyes and I have since discovered Under Night: In Birth and Guilty Gear (want to start another thread on that one!) as well as getting back into Tekken and Soul Calibur.

madhair60

Yeah just start a Guilty Gear thread so I can talk about my waifu Elphelt.

Swoz_MK

my brief triumphant run with G hit a brick wall around the time of Honda and co's release. I'll pick it up again after the update but there's something about the way V plays that completely goes over my head meaning I'm SHIT. I was so good at IV :(

Spiteface

You probably know already, but the 40th and (presumably) final Street Fighter V character has been revealed for Champion Edition...

Seth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wcIGqnwgk

That was a let-down. Of all the SF Characters they could have brought back from 3rd Strike or SFIV, they go with Seth. Think they just wanted all the bosses in the game (Sagat, Bison, Gill, Seth)

I have actually played SFV again for the first time in a while (obviously the new patch came out with the new V-skills and such), and it isn't bad, but the way Capcom botched almost everything from launch leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I may shell out for the Champion Edition pack, as I never bothered with any DLC as it came out, bar using fight money for Akuma. Would be nice to have everything now, seeing as the add-on is only 20 quid.

Spiteface

OK, so one final season for this thing:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/may/27/street-fighter-5-champion-edition-getting-new-characters-stages-and-more/

5 more characters, 3 new stages, some new costumes, then that's yer lot.

Wondering who they'll chuck into this now. Bet I'll still keep maining Ken. Might get the Champion Edition expansion for now, I haven't bothered with it as my mains in SF tend to be in the base roster automatically.

Presumably this makes Street Fighter 6 next-gen. I hope it looks better than this.

Spiteface

Quote from: Spiteface on May 29, 2020, 05:18:36 PM
OK, so one final season for this thing:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/may/27/street-fighter-5-champion-edition-getting-new-characters-stages-and-more/

5 more characters, 3 new stages, some new costumes, then that's yer lot.

Wondering who they'll chuck into this now. Bet I'll still keep maining Ken. Might get the Champion Edition expansion for now, I haven't bothered with it as my mains in SF tend to be in the base roster automatically.

So I'm experimenting with Akuma (I'm such a maverick). Trying to get out of the habit of burning my meter by EX-ing moves all the time. It's great having a full Critical Art + V-trigger to finish a match in style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wotk7hevZg

There are few things in games as satisfying as beating your opponent with a well-timed Shun Goku Satsu. Love Kage's (The Shoto Formerly Known as Evil Ryu) version in SFV with the red/black thing going on. Sick.

Also, amazing how well good sprites age. Stuff like 3rd Strike and Capcom vs SNK still look great now.

kngen

Quote from: Spiteface on June 20, 2020, 02:06:33 PM
There are few things in games as satisfying as beating your opponent with a well-timed Shun Goku Satsu. Love Kage's (The Shoto Formerly Known as Evil Ryu) version in SFV with the red/black thing going on. Sick.

yeah, that looks amazing. Might get SFV just for that. I've been playing Ultra SFIV recently because it's on PS Now. Thought I'd maybe forgotten the keys to the combo because it's been a good couple of years (and consoles) since I played it last, but the muscle memory is still there. Isshun sengeki!

Swoz_MK

Season 5 character announcements next Weds (Aug 5th)

samadriel

Never liked him in III, just a really unappealing character who never suited my playstyle. 

Apparently in V he'll be fighting holding a turtle in one hand at all times, which has made me love him unconditionally.

Can't wait to play him ... 12 months from now ;_;

Chedney Honks

I hate this game so so much.

Cheers.

Hopefully now Ono has fucked off, they'll make another good one.

Swoz_MK

I THOUGHT I hated it, but then I got to a higher Ranked level and decided I love it* again

Did you not like IV?

*Balrog

Chedney Honks

I'm actually just in pain and I hate that I can't play games because what the fuck else can you do in this lockdown life?

I actually quite like it but I do find there are so many characters I don't know the moves and they're doing some stupid teleport move and I'm like what about a sonic boom you fucking cunts.

There should be no more than eight characters. Max twelve.

Chedney Honks

My actual issue with the game is pure scrubbery: I don't know it very well.

There's so much tech and shit beyond footsies and loads of combos I just don't know that I have to work too hard for damage. I play it like SF2. I've got fuck all beyond BnB.

It's just something I've never bothered to learn like I did SFIV because I've hated it almost from day one. I have a dip in here and there and just grind out a few wins with my normal bullshit but when you lose half your bar to some V-trigger whatever combo, this doesn't make me think I want to learn that, I just think oh well I'll play SFIV.

Chedney Honks

That's the realest shit I've ever posted on this board.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 10, 2020, 06:46:26 PM
There's so much tech and shit beyond footsies and loads of combos I just don't know that I have to work too hard for damage. I play it like SF2. I've got fuck all beyond BnB.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt/still feel to some extent. I have good footsies because I've been playing since SF2 but my execution is so bad that even someone completely braindead like G where you can do 45% off a successful V-Trigger combo just isn't worth my time because I'll just balls it up online anyway.

VI needs to simplify a bit I think