Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Piano Music

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, April 04, 2005, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

So what does everything think of the water pieces? Perhaps those who are digging them could post something about each piece and what they like/don't like about it.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I'm still working my way through them, but I'll definitely post what I think of them when I've finished listening to them all, maybe tommorow.

Rubella

I have a vote for the massively cliched, I'm sure, The Piano by Michael Nyman.  I truly love this whole score.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I've finished listening to all those water pieces Sam and thank you so much - they are wonderful! I like the first one the best I think but I'll have to give them all a few more listens to get more familiar with 'em. I totally understand what you mean by the 'watery' sound of them. It's amazing the way they all manage to represent  a physical thing so accurately through only a piano. As you listen to those songs you can picture the water exactly and hear the ripples, it's just great. Thanks for recommending them and thanks splattermac for uploading them.

Fucknose

Quote from: "Rubella"I have a vote for the massively cliched, I'm sure, The Piano by Michael Nyman.  I truly love this whole score.

Yey, I can play the theme tune to this - check me out. Not a massive REM fan, but I do like the 'night swimming' music. My favourite piece of piano music is a Rachmaninov piece, cant remember what it's called now, but I nearly wet myself when it was played at the beginning of a Suede concert- who, incidentally have written some beautiful piano music.......

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "peet"Erik Satie - Six Gnossiemes #1
Thanks a lot for that. It's really nice.

Clair de Lune
anything by Ben Folds :)

Coughlan

Anthony and the Johnsons stuff is quite enjoyable.