Author Topic: Curb season 10.  (Read 25053 times)

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter

the science eel

• dynamite sack artist
    • PRELUDIN - where goons don't go
Re: Curb season 10.
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2020, 09:55:39 AM »
For the first time I'm not hugely excited by the news of a new season. The last one was mostly a disappointment. There's been a change in the style somehow - can't quite put my finger on it, but it's less 'agitated', less high-powered, and more celeb-y or something. Increasingly  it's the work of a very wealthy comedy talent throwing a few ideas around on a TV channel that indulges him.

Of course I'll still watch, I still love LD and the show usually at least entertaining, but its glory days are long behind it now.

rue the polywhirl

• eight lives left
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »
I thought the first half of season 10 was brilliant, a massive step up from season 9. And then it tailed off precipitously. The last 5 episodes seemed like they were written by pod people and the last episode with all the Celeb cameos felt like some kind of hurried SNL sketch.

« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2020, 10:24:49 AM »
Yeah also thought the last series was really enjoyable, aside from the last ep, and also actually liked that it had a bit of a different feel to stop it getting completely stale. Did feel a bit extras-y in places with all the celeb cameos though yeah, definitely could do without those, except for where they come up with an actual proper reason for them that makes sense (ie Hamm).

« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
Actually quite enjoyed season 9 myself. Particularly the Fatwa musical arc. Similar to above on Season 10. Did think some items that were set up such as the MeToo stuff in the early episodes didn't have enough impact later on.
Personally though; my main hope was that Ted Danson portraying a sympathetic General Lee and Larry beating up a cardboard cut-out of him would have had a much bigger impact.

« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »
10 was a big improvement on 9, but a lot of the regular characters are now bad. Susie just shouts, Jeff complains, Leon loiters. Lewis is the only one I'd look forward to seeing more of in their series 10 form. Vince Vaughan was very good, but always distracting that he's not playing himself.

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2020, 03:26:58 PM »
10 was a big improvement on 9, but a lot of the regular characters are now bad. Susie just shouts, Jeff complains, Leon loiters. Lewis is the only one I'd look forward to seeing more of in their series 10 form. Vince Vaughan was very good, but always distracting that he's not playing himself.

Vince Vaughan was meh to me. Not particularly bad but just feeling he was the replacement for Bob Einstein - well it would be a hard act to follow.
And in fairness Vaughan didn't try to imitate or mimic Einstein and just look to establish his own character.

Tags: