Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Curb season 10.

Started by Dusty Substance, November 19, 2019, 07:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

It's funny how, even when Larry is being objectively wrong and inappropriate, the show still tends to present it as a series of quirky misunderstandings and mishaps and him being a bit of a victim of circumstance.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
And their surprise that one woman could possibly be a victim domestic abuse because "she looks like she could handle herself". ha ha

Same episode with Richard's burlesque dancer girlfriend. The lads come across as right bunch of wankers in that one.

But it was worth it for the Galileo line.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2021, 04:35:40 PM
Yeah I know that, and often Larry's point of view isn't necessarily one I agree with. I don't normally view him as a total wanker, as he is when he goes into a women's refuge and tells them they've got a pretty cushy deal, what with the house being so nice.

it's not like when he befriends a sex offender because he flatters him and helps him with his golf swing.

His character is supposed to a "good guy" but only to the extent that it doesn't impinge upon what he wants to do. I find that very relatable, to be honest, and assume most people are like that when it comes down to it. He is sometimes right, and sometimes wrong, but usually relatable. I totally agree about the way he talks to that woman, that bit stuck out like a saw thumb, because he's a proper nasty cunt there with no attempt at justification.

Malcy

https://deadline.com/2021/09/j-b-smoove-teases-new-season-curb-your-enthusiasm-1234831968/

Interview with JB Smoove. Didn't even give an airdate Mobbd. This is how he DOESN'T dooz it apparently!

Anyone ever read The Book Of Leon? It used to be stupid money online but seems to have came right down recently. Think I'll go buy it now before this comes back and it inevitably shoots up again.

BeardFaceMan

I tried to give the audiobook of that a listen and I couldn't finish it, it was awful. Definitely a character that works best in small doses.

Malcy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 22, 2021, 08:04:20 PM
I tried to give the audiobook of that a listen and I couldn't finish it, it was awful. Definitely a character that works best in small doses.

Didn't know there was an Audiobook. Just got the book for a fiver so will give it a look when it arrives.

Mobbd

Quote from: Malcy on September 22, 2021, 07:36:26 PM
https://deadline.com/2021/09/j-b-smoove-teases-new-season-curb-your-enthusiasm-1234831968/

Interview with JB Smoove. Didn't even give an airdate Mobbd. This is how he DOESN'T dooz it apparently!

Anyone ever read The Book Of Leon? It used to be stupid money online but seems to have came right down recently. Think I'll go buy it now before this comes back and it inevitably shoots up again.

But when is the new series coming out? When-when-Whennintons??

That book is new to me and looks delightful. I truly love how JB is such a media whore! Always a pleasure to see him speaking for the production. What a hero.

Malcy

Quote from: Mobbd on September 22, 2021, 09:13:48 PM
But when is the new series coming out? When-when-Whennintons??

That book is new to me and looks delightful. I truly love how JB is such a media whore! Always a pleasure to see him speaking for the production. What a hero.

I know how you feel. I'm really looking forward to it coming back. 39 days tops! Yeah I randomly saw the book somewhere and it was nearly £30 so have kept an eye on it and just grabbed a copy off eBay a while ago. Few second hand copies on Amazon too.

I was surprised that he has stayed since he turned up on Larry's doorstep but he works so well alongside him. Especially as for a time Larry was wondering why he was still around then just accepted it and enjoys his company.

Malcy

And any excuse to post the outtakes and it shows they have a right laugh on set as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tRifPiuew1k

Replies From View

HOW D'YOU FEEL MISTER ABID + Larry's laugh

That's been my favourite outtake of anything for about ten years.  Love it.

Season 6 is probably the best season of Curb.

Mobius

Quote from: Replies From View on September 22, 2021, 09:34:36 PM

That's been my favourite outtake for about ten years.  Love it.

Absolutely my favourite too, think I've watched it 100 times.

It is weird that Succession and Curb are both coming in October which is a week away, but don't have a solid date yet.

Replies From View

Looking again at the 'ejaculate' improvisation and the way they kept ploughing through and not really resetting... boy, the show must have been an absolute bastard to edit at times.  That particular scene must have been completely stitched together from fragments.

Replies From View

I have all the seasons of Curb on DVD up to season 8, but I really wish they were available to stream on something I already had a subscription for.  Faffing about changing discs and everything; cannae be arsed these days when the discs obstinately lack any meaningful extras.

Mobbd

Quote from: Replies From View on September 22, 2021, 09:34:36 PM

That's been my favourite outtake of anything for about ten years.  Love it.

Season 6 is probably the best season of Curb.

Man, I haven't seen that season for years but I was just thinking about the "Christ nail" the other day. It's amazing how some of this stuff stays with you.

Don't think I'd seen those outtakes before Malky posted them but they're a delight. Just Larry corpsing. The best one imho is with Susie and "what the fuck are you doing in my bed?!" - he's collapsing in the darkness before they've even started.

Replies From View

I can't believe that season 6 was nearing 15 years ago.  It feels like one of the recent ones to me.  "Do you reckon they'll make a seventh series?" conversations feel like only yesterday.

Malcy

Apparently Larry was spotted at a fashion event and a sports event a week or so ago with his hands over his ears sitting in the front row both times. A few places are speculating that he's filming. I'm sure JB Smoove said filming was done so it could be that he's jumping straight into filming another series.

Replies From View

Or it could be that he goes to these things ordinarily and hates the sounds they make.

Harry Badger

New series confirmed starting on 24th October

Malcy

Quote from: Harry Badger on September 28, 2021, 06:50:26 PM
New series confirmed starting on 24th October

Good to have an air date now. Saw the teaser this morning as well. No footage though.

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1442897879119527940

dr beat

I'm rather wary if this is going to reference the pandemic.  I'm not sure i can deal with a whole series of 'Larry breaks social distancing rules *again*...with hilarious consequences!'

JamesTC

Somebody coughs near Larry and he pulls a face.

veletision

Only in the first episode i think and then it's post pandemic

Replies From View

Quote from: dr beat on October 01, 2021, 03:42:25 PM
I'm rather wary if this is going to reference the pandemic.  I'm not sure i can deal with a whole series of 'Larry breaks social distancing rules *again*...with hilarious consequences!'

If anything it would surely play into his comfort zone.  He'd love a bit of distance, that Larry David.

JamesTC

Larry asks Susie which vaccine she got and she calls him a bald fuck.

Malcy

Hat FM

wonder when this will be on now tv. although i'm not going to wonder enough to google it.

lipsink

Oh great. Jeff Garlin still has his weird lip.

Ja'moke

There was a great clip of the new season on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night with Richard Lewis: https://youtu.be/IlWzCFhEwIQ (about 9 mins in)

Spoiler alert
"When are you going to die?"
[close]

chveik

they all look so old now :(

Mobius

Laughed about 5 times during that trailer. Can't wait! Can't believe Curb has been going for 20+ years.