Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Usborne Book Of Usborne Childrens Books

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, November 20, 2019, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

All About Ghosts (that's the full title - look carefully) is back in print and I saw a promo event last night. Other titles will be reprinted, though some of them never went away.

Spread the joy. I've searched and found previous discussions of Usborne titles, but they were pretty old.

(Spam removed)

Mister Six

Pranet

If we have discussed this before then I probably said this before but the red omnibus Spy's Guidebook is one of the few books that I still own from my childhood. Love that thing.

Quote from: Pranet on November 20, 2019, 05:34:44 PM
If we have discussed this before then I probably said this before but the red omnibus Spy's Guidebook is one of the few books that I still own from my childhood. Love that thing.
I feel that Detective's Guidebook has the edge on Spy's Guidebook, Detective's has the running theme of the super-competent Detective Trapper and the error-prone Detective Dodd.

madhair60

usborne book of maze puzzles mate that was the only crack i needed when i was shitting in my pants. fucking mazes made me get little kid stalk-ons.

Pranet

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on November 22, 2019, 03:18:34 AM
I feel that Detective's Guidebook has the edge on Spy's Guidebook, Detective's has the running theme of the super-competent Detective Trapper and the error-prone Detective Dodd.

I also own the Detective's Handbook- I saw it second hand a few years ago. Never owned it when I was a kid but I was aware of it, perhaps it was in the school library.