Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - Season 5

Started by lankyguy95, November 20, 2019, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankyguy95

We do need a little more Gale in this.

Blue Jam

He's in Suits a fair bit, being soft-spoken and a little bit camp and unnerving with his staff all treading on eggshells around him. I love this show even more now.

I've said this before but Suits is a great little palate-cleanser in between episodes of BCS. A legal procedural comedy-drama which is nicely undemanding. Not on the level of BCS of course but also not utterly heartbreaking and emotionally demanding.

Quote from: NoSleep on April 01, 2020, 08:00:25 PM
He has. It's been noted in previous seasons and he might have put a little back on.

I think it was the snazzy jacket that made me take notice.

El Unicornio, mang

Binge-watched seasons 2 to present in the past few weeks (watched season 1 when it first came out but for some reason didn't get back into it until recently). Great stuff, although I was hoping for a bit more of the present day stuff that we got at the beginning of ep 1. A whole episode of it, or something like The Godfather II where it flips back and forth, is a tasty prospect.

Also, how in the world has Rhea Seehorn not even been nominated for an Emmy or Golden Globe yet?? If she isn't nominated for this season there must be some incredible competition in that category.

buttgammon

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 05, 2020, 11:44:26 AM
Binge-watched seasons 2 to present in the past few weeks (watched season 1 when it first came out but for some reason didn't get back into it until recently). Great stuff, although I was hoping for a bit more of the present day stuff that we got at the beginning of ep 1. A whole episode of it, or something like The Godfather II where it flips back and forth, is a tasty prospect.

Also, how in the world has Rhea Seehorn not even been nominated for an Emmy or Golden Globe yet?? If she isn't nominated for this season there must be some incredible competition in that category.

She hasn't even been nominated? What's wrong with the world?

El Unicornio, mang

Ridiculous isn't it? Six different actresses in that category and she's never been in it once.

Last years list: https://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2019/outstanding-supporting-actress-in-a-drama-series

4 of them from Game of Thrones. I liked that show but she blows all of them out of the water. Now that's done and dusted maybe she'll have a shot?

She's won a Satellite award and a Saturn award for it so at least there's some recognition.

NoSleep

The only one of those GoT actors that was any good was Lena Headey. Dunno one of the others (Fiona Shaw) but Julia Garner's been good in the couple of things I've seen her (Ozark & Maniac).

Hat FM

Gale has a nice, quite significant, role in billions also. a show i quite enjoy.

Pseudopath

Anyone else thinking of watching it on a live stream tonight (obviously with considerate spoilers)? Used to do it all of the time with Breaking Bad and it does sound like this episode is going to be batshit insane.

lankyguy95

I have been sleeping later and later the past few weeks so I might try if I am still awake.

When does it start?

Pseudopath

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 07, 2020, 12:27:28 AM
I have been sleeping later and later the past few weeks so I might try if I am still awake.

When does it start?

2am BST, I think (but don't quote me on that...I used to get it wrong all the time with Breaking Bad).

Yeah...it's supposed to start 9pm Eastern Time which should be 2am for us across the pond.

DenzilHolles

Anyone know where I might reliably be able to stream this?

DenzilHolles

Thanks very much, I'm staying up to watch now :)

Pseudopath

A few less adverts on this stream. Currently showing Caddyshack which is a bonus.

Pseudopath

Here we go, Saulcoholics! Spoilers at the ready!

Pseudopath

These social distancing commercials are truly bizarre. Are they doing the same kind of thing on UK telly?

lankyguy95

Spoiler alert
Those cars slowly appearing in the background was tense as fuck
[close]

Pseudopath

Spoiler alert
Not sure why Vince Gilligan reckoned it was so difficult to film though. Surely they're dab hands at filming epic shootouts in the desert by now?
[close]

EDIT: Oh...
Spoiler alert
THAT SCENE!
[close]

Pseudopath

Spoiler alert
Bye bye Suzuki Esteem :'(
[close]

lankyguy95

Spoiler alert
This is easily the most scared I've been for Kim
[close]

Pseudopath

Spoiler alert
Oh shit, Kim. Bad move.
[close]

Pseudopath

Spoiler alert
He's going to end up tearing the bottom of those bags open, isn't he?
[close]

lankyguy95

Spoiler alert
Shouldn't have hyped it up so much.
[close]

Mobius

Spoiler alert
why didn't he just leave the bags visible so the guy would stop the car get out and pick it up. Easier shot, car doesn't get fucked.
[close]

Blue Jam

Going in now. I'm actually nervous.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Mobius on April 07, 2020, 06:40:17 AM
Spoiler alert
why didn't he just leave the bags visible so the guy would stop the car get out and pick it up. Easier shot, car doesn't get fucked.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Why didn't Mike do more than the most cursory examination of the wreckage, like, say for a fucking phone?
[close]

Pseudopath

Quote from: Hand Solo on April 07, 2020, 09:27:49 AM
Spoiler alert
Why didn't Mike do more than the most cursory examination of the wreckage, like, say for a fucking phone?
[close]

Spoiler alert
To be fair to them, they did repeatedly hammer home the point that there wasn't any signal out there in the desert, so I'm not sure how another phone would have helped.
[close]

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
Oh Kim... Yep, she's going to bring about her own downfall isn't she?
[close]

Spoiler alert
Loved Jimmy looking like Lawrence of Arabia with added washing instructions
[close]

Spoiler alert
Space blankets!
[close]