Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - Season 5

Started by lankyguy95, November 20, 2019, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

Just finished rewatching Season 4 in preparation. I'd totally forgotten about the subplot with Mike and the lonely German engineer who misses his wife. It's amazing how your sympathies can change when you know what's coming - 'Just listen to Mike you stupid stubborn bastard!!!'

lankyguy95

Five days. I'm so excited for this shit.

I just know Lalo's going to be great.

Crabwalk

I bloody love the 'Insider' podcast and note that they've just released two long episodes on El Camino, which will no doubt be more entertaining than the film itself.

Twit 2

El Camino was fine. Maybe not brilliant, but those who say it's bad are highly wrong.

BCS is my fave show on TV and one of the few TV shows I'll actively choose to watch. Can't wait for this shit.

Blue Jam

Am I right in thinking this will be on AMC/US Netflix tomorrow and that in order to avoid spoilers I'll have to avoid the internet until Monday?

Also will us UK Netflix viewers be getting the two episode premiere- episode 1 on Monday and episode 2 on Tuesday? Or will they both drop on Monday?

I love this show so hard, I can't wait.

kngen

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 05:23:50 PM
Am I right in thinking this will be on AMC/US Netflix tomorrow and that in order to avoid spoilers I'll have to avoid the internet until Monday?

Also will us UK Netflix viewers be getting the two episode premiere- episode 1 on Monday and episode 2 on Tuesday? Or will they both drop on Monday?

I love this show so hard, I can't wait.

It's probably not that important (unless you were thinking of firing up a VPN to watch it), but I don't think it will be on US Netflix for a while, just AMC (and AMC online) tomorrow night. US Netflix just added the last series a fortnight ago.

Blue Jam

Ah yes, cheers- I remember Netflix US didn't add BCS season 4 until recently and that half the threads on the BCS subreddit were asking about this.

I intend to watch it on UK Netflix when it drops, I'm just concerned about spoilers.

lankyguy95

My memory of last season is that they dropped them on UK Netflix the next morning at maybe eight o'clock.

So basically, avoiding spoilers shouldn't be difficult if that's still the case. It'll be a few hours between US TV broadcast and UK Netflix upload.

Blue Jam

Cheers for that- I'll probably just avoid Twitter and watch it as soon as I get home from werk tomorrow then.

Are we getting two new episodes this week or is this double premiere thing only on AMC thing?

Quote from: Crabwalk on February 20, 2020, 12:55:42 PM
I bloody love the 'Insider' podcast

Thanks, you have just reminded me that I subscribed to this yonks ago and never got round to listening to it. It's better than I expected and it has been keeping me entertained on a Sunday when I stupidly agreed to come in to werk.

Not long now...

...and the combover has landed.

Puce Moment

Some of you might not be aware that this starts this evening in the USA.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 23, 2020, 04:16:57 PM
Cheers for that- I'll probably just avoid Twitter and watch it as soon as I get home from werk tomorrow then.

Are we getting two new episodes this week or is this double premiere thing only on AMC thing?
I think AMC are broadcasting the first one tonight (US time obviously) and then repeating it again before the second episode tomorrow night. I would think that UK Netflix will upload the first episode tomorrow morning and the second episode Tuesday morning.

I guess it's possible though that they might upload them both on Tuesday morning. Wait and see, I guess.

Blue Jam

Here Netflix is saying "New episode on Monday" so I'm hoping episode 2 will be up on Tuesday. Cheers.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Dr Funke

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 23, 2020, 05:29:14 PM
Here Netflix is saying "New episode on Monday" so I'm hoping episode 2 will be up on Tuesday. Cheers.

Just posted on the Netflix Twitter feed:
– Ep 1 will be available at 8am tomorrow
– Ep 2 will be available at 8am on Tuesday
– From then on episodes will be available weekly on Tuesdays at 8am

Blue Jam

Thanks for that, Dr Funke!

Also I would love to see Saul and Tobias reunited soon.

lankyguy95

Haven't got time to write my thoughts right now other than to say that this show is incredible and is fast approaching legendary status for me. Fantastic first episode. The cold open alone would have made it so.

up_the_hampipe

I think I've been spoiled for a big storyline in this season by one of the episode titles listed on Netflix. Bastards. Be cautious, folks.

Dex Sawash

Was it called    The one where Phoebe kills Kim

up_the_hampipe

Blue Jam

I caved in and watched the cold open on my lunchbreak- dammit, how the fuck can we be expected to wait over a year (probably) to see how that gets resolved? The wait will kill me even more than the wait to get home and watch the episode properly is killing me.

Great opening at least, I hadn't thought my hopes for this could get much higher.

Blue Jam

Someone here at werk is sneakily watching this on their phone without headphones. Gave themselves away when the theme tune blared out and now I can hear Kim and Jimmy quietly arguing. Had to leave the room... nowhere is safe.

lankyguy95

I really didn't think it would be that difficult for you to avoid it for a few hours.

Blue Jam

I am being a bit dramatic here, sorry ;)

Heading home now and will watch it properly.

lankyguy95

Lol I was just surprised you'd know enough people who watch it, that it would be a task to avoid. I don't know anyone who does.

I'm glad there's another episode coming tomorrow morning.

Blue Jam

I've got a few Facebook friends who will have been watching it in different time zones, and I am rubbish at avoiding spoilers online.

Just watched it now. Will post some proper thoughts at some point, for now I'll just say I thought it was a fantastic opening episode. I felt my stomach drop at times- I can't believe those critics who say this show has no peril.

Spoiler alert
Ohhhhhh Kim....
[close]

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Well that was great. Tense, funny, sad, everything BCS does so well. God, I bloody love this show, it really is something special.

Mobius

up_the_hampipe

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 24, 2020, 12:05:00 PM
I caved in and watched the cold open on my lunchbreak- dammit, how the fuck can we be expected to wait over a year (probably) to see how that gets resolved? The wait will kill me even more than the wait to get home and watch the episode properly is killing me.

It's so cruel. Unless they break their usual rule and end this season with a Gene flashforward? Nah, they won't do that. The swines.

lankyguy95

I already love Lalo. What a charismatic, funny, terrifying character.