Author Topic: Better Call Saul - Season 5  (Read 34791 times)

Re: Better Call Saul - Season 5
« Reply #750 on: July 29, 2020, 08:06:04 AM »
They're just trolling her now, surely?

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2020, 08:07:03 AM »
They're ignoring her because she's been trolling them with her fine performance.

Blue Jam

• TAKE IT FROM ME, I LOVE YOU!
« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2020, 09:14:41 AM »
Am I right in thinking this is the first time the show itself has been nominated, but the first of the five series Odenkirk hasn't been nominated for? I can't help thinking that looks like a snub. One nom for Esposito is nice, but nothing for Tony Dalton?

Nothing for Racy Horn is the most ridiculous thing though. I just hope she eventually gets recognised by casting peeps who can give her an absolute fuckton of work after season 6 is done.

Ozark though? I do enjoy that show but FFS, it's Breaking Bad minus all the fun.

I hope Succession cleans up then, and Kieran Culkin gets an Emmy for playing Roman Roy, my second favourite comedy-drama sleazeball character.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #753 on: July 29, 2020, 09:28:51 AM »
I wonder if BCS is getting passed by because of all the accolades that BB had in its day?

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
« Reply #754 on: July 29, 2020, 12:56:16 PM »
Laura Linney? Really.

« Reply #755 on: July 29, 2020, 01:06:31 PM »
Laura Linney? Really.

That would be the wrong category anyway as Seehorn would be in Best Supporting. Can't believe she's been snubbed again though, after losing out to every Game of Thrones actress last year. The other noms I've seen (Fiona Shaw, Thandie Newton, Samira Wiley, Helena Bonham Carter) did good work but I'd put her above them all.

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »
That would be the wrong category anyway as Seehorn would be in Best Supporting. Can't believe she's been snubbed again though, after losing out to every Game of Thrones actress last year. The other noms I've seen (Fiona Shaw, Thandie Newton, Samira Wiley, Helena Bonham Carter) did good work but I'd put her above them all.

She's considered supporting, but Linney isn't? Madness.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upph√§ngningspunkterna
« Reply #757 on: July 29, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »
Maybe it is a half-season thing and she's a lead pipe lock for next year

Twonty Gostelow

• Sent from my bum using Crapatalk
« Reply #758 on: July 29, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
She's considered supporting, but Linney isn't? Madness.

Linney effectively became the main character in Season 3 of Ozark, not so much Bateman.

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
« Reply #759 on: July 30, 2020, 01:55:21 PM »
Linney effectively became the main character in Season 3 of Ozark, not so much Bateman.

Wexler was central to everything in the last season of BCS.

« Reply #760 on: July 30, 2020, 02:09:46 PM »
That is ridiculous.

The two main leads from I Am Not Okay With This should have nominations too, I reckon.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2020, 08:40:11 AM »
This week's episode of Corporate featured (the voice of) Bob Odenkirk (as the physical embodiment of depression). Worth a watch if you've not yet tried this series (now in its third and final season), as it's top notch surreal black comedy. As an added bonus it also regularly features Aparna Nancherla (who voiced Hollyhock in Bojack Horseman).

Tags: