Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Miracle Workers: Dark Ages

Started by Small Man Big Horse, November 20, 2019, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I know a couple of us were fans of this show and it's due to return in January with the same cast involved, though the setting and story are completely different: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRanWod3d0

As trailers go it's a bit shit, and I'm not sure about it all conceptually, but hopefully it'll still be fun.

Small Man Big Horse

Two episodes of this have aired so far and I'm liking it a lot. There's not really a strong plot this time around (bar two characters wanting to find their place in life) but I've found it a lot, lot funnier.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I'm at the halfway point through the season, and there's simply no plot this time, or it is diluted as much as possible given that they adapted a short story. It's getting slight, even if it has some fine moments (Kevin Dunn this week, or the stuff with the bard on shuffle mode a few weeks ago).

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 28, 2020, 10:27:13 AM
I'm at the halfway point through the season, and there's simply no plot this time, or it is diluted as much as possible given that they adapted a short story. It's getting slight, even if it has some fine moments (Kevin Dunn this week, or the stuff with the bard on shuffle mode a few weeks ago).

It's weird given the first series had such a strong arc that this one doesn't have one at all, and is just episodic stuff, but that said I'm enjoying it even more than the first season, the characters are much more likeable and appealing, and I just find it funnier in general. The most recent episode with the goat trial had lots of really silly but amusing moments (Buscemi cheerily making his own gravestone and the outcome of the trial especially) and I hope it comes back next year with another different setting.

Absolutely loving this too. Well-written, well-acted and the fact it has seemingly no goal than being a big old daft and very funny comedy makes it a pleasure to kick back and just enjoy.

"Party party party everybody's at the party" still pops into my head at least a few times a week.

steveh

While not as unique as the first series, I ended up liking this more. Still think it's a bit weird to have the same cast in a totally different story under the same name though.

According to Variety "An idea for Season 3 has already "started to coalesce" in his [Simon Rich's] mind."

Poobum

Loved this, favourite comedy in years. Peter Serafinowicz was great as the scenery chewing king. Full of great bits, with the confidence not to overuse them, i.e. Wesley Pervert. Steve Buscemi is now cemented in my head as kindly old man, overwriting slightly weird and scary murder man. The way Daniel Radcliffe delivered Chauncley's "I've run off" had me in tears.

dead-ced-dead

Daniel Radcliffe does perpetually panicked dope really well in season one, and oblivious really well in season two. It's a shame he got nothing funny to do during the entire run of Harry Potter.

Small Man Big Horse

Glad to see some love for this, and there's discussion of more of Simon Rich's work here that I'd recommend checking out as I'm somewhat enamoured with the man - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80871.0.html