Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Political leaflets: what have you had so far?

Started by canadagoose, November 21, 2019, 01:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I had doubts about the same elections expert suggested Corbyn move constituencies to Golder's Green

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on November 28, 2019, 09:51:38 PM
One from Labour and that's it. Our Labour MP has a 27,000 majority so I'm not sure he had to bother.  The only people who ever call round are the Greens. It's usually quite a nice chap but their candidate this time is a female whose husband I know. And he's a cunt, so part of me is hoping she rings my bell, hopefully accompanied by him.

I've had another one from Labour. And an email asking me to display a poster in my window. Fair enough, but the only people who'll see it will be Jasmine from next door (if she's using her car, which she doesn't always) and Scott from flat five. We have strict rules for the parking places here.

Jockice

Quote from: steveh on November 21, 2019, 03:19:51 PM
Living in a constituency where the Labour MP got around 80% of the vote last time none of the other parties really bothers. This time just had one leaflet from the Christian People's Alliance where they spelled the name of the place wrong. European Election I think there was one LibDem leaflet and nothing at all from anyone else.

I take it you haven't seen my post in the Lib Dems thread. Hold on I'll find it....right, here we go.

"These things have been going for years though. When I used to work for a (supposedly) trusted local newspaper we used to laugh at the spelling and grammatical errors in the things. There was one by a guy called Sid Cordle who used to be a local councillor in Sheffield (one of very few Tories) and then stood for a party called the Christian People's Alliance. I swear the average four-year-old has a better command of the written English language than this bloke. Apparently he's still at it and is standing in a constituency down south in this election. According to his Twitter page he's hoping to raise £500 for his deposit and another grand for leaflets. So far he's raised £30.

Look him up if you want to help him as he really is a bigoted prick. Yet somehow he got an MBE. For services to homophobia or something."

It's not him is it? He's absolutely illiterate. Which wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so arrogant and objectionable with it. A real nasty piece of work too. Everything that's wrong with religion in one fell swoop.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/christian-campaigner-loses-court-fight-with-sister-over-family-s-360000-bequest-a4099771.html

jenna appleseed

Got a standard leaflet bigging up my local Tory Neil Parrish - claims no other party will deliver Brexit, they'll just dither & delay. says "A vote for the Conservative Party is a vote to get Brexit done."; Labour have "siat on the fence", & "played politics with the national interest", while the Lib Dem's wanting to revoke article 50 is "both liberal and undemocratic".

He's passionate about conserving the environment, apparently, and there's a photo of him in a field with his dog, and some red cows, to prove it.
No mention of all the times he voted against measures to prevent climate change (or the other votes he was a cunt)

There's also an unfortunate photo of him standing next to a woman, both holding a "We are Dementia Friends" sign - him looking like he has no idea what he's holding.

Disappoint lack of hamsters, people pointing at dog poo or at fiber broadband boxes.

Leaflet forgot to mention that time he nearly got shot by police after gatecrashing Jeremy Hunt's motorcade

or the time he voted against making homes fit for human habitation pre Grenfall.

Jockice

I've just had one from the Brexit Party. Nice of them to think of me. But really, fuck off.

gib

reporting live from Tory stronghold* Chelmsford where the Lib Dems came 3rd last time and 4th the time before that. I have lost count of the LD leaflets, flyers and letters from 'your local NHS psychiatrist' and whatnot. Today we got yet another one with the by now standard bar chart where they used their own Best4Britain or whatever it's called nonsense to tell people they were the contenders here. It doesn't matter, to the extent that the Tories will win here anyway but i hate the idea that the LD con artists will trick their way into beating Labour here.

*except in April 1945 when we briefly elected a Corbalike

Pink Gregory

Green Party have changed tack.  This one's a cod-handwritten note from the candidate, no mention of the Green Party until you read the text, only recognised what it was by knowing the candidate's name.

I want to write one back, "Dear Carla, this will not end well for you.  Cheers mate, T."

JesusAndYourBush

I've now had leaflets from Labour, Greens, Lib Dem & Farage party.  Tories are a no-show  in the leaflet department, the same happened in the previous election.

Jollity

I have had one Labour leaflet from when our MP came round canvassing, one Green leaflet that insisted (with a bar chart) that the Greens could win here because they came second in the last European elections, and one Brexit party leaflet with a picture of Nigel Farage on the front even though we all know he isn't standing. I put them all in the recycling bin, but I am going to vote Labour.

garbed_attic

my one from the independent candidate says he's going to tackle the scourge of online gaming!

peanutbutter

Quote from: gout_pony on December 12, 2019, 12:30:13 AM
my one from the independent candidate says he's going to tackle the scourge of online gaming!
Jim Sterling?

momatt

Quote from: Jockice on November 30, 2019, 02:19:41 PM
I've just had one from the Brexit Party. Nice of them to think of me. But really, fuck off.

I got a Brexit party one yesterday, I even thanks the postlady for it, beofore I saw what it was.  So ghopefully she doesn;t think I'm a big thicko nazi.

Oh well, I enjoyed drawing a swastika on Farage's forehead, a speech bubble saying 'I'm a cunt' and a big dribbly cock going in his mouth.
That's the sort of satirical genius I am.
His signature looks a bit like a cock too, which I found funny.

Blue Jam

Quote from: gout_pony on December 12, 2019, 12:30:13 AM

Hahahaha, got a link? I'm guessing this is some grump who is fed up of his kids playing Fortnite all the time.

Haven't had any really mad leaflets here, got no independents or mad fringe party candidates or TINGErs and The Brexit Party and the UKIPs can't be arsed with Scotchland.