Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I made this...

Started by Butchers Blind, November 22, 2019, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50513294

Clearly Elon's living his best 80's life.
It looks like something I would make having no idea how to make a car.

Icehaven

QuoteThe vehicles have an average selling value of more than $50,000...

QuoteThe truck's windows were smashed during a demonstration supposed to show how hard they were to break...it happened during a segment displaying how the car's stainless steel exterior, and metal windows, could withstand bullets and sledgehammers

Well let's hope the Russian mafia won't be put off too much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cuellar

It's obviously hideous and I have no need for such a truck, but I do sort of love it

touchingcloth

Finally! I sent that drawing to Elon weeks ago, but I never thought it would see the light of day because the £500,000 he wired me seems somehow too little for the design of an actual car.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Looks like it's from the South Park version of Canada. It'd make a good jihadi weapon though, those sharp right angled corners look lethal.

Butchers Blind

I keep looking at it and I'm convinced at some point Elon's going to go "Ahhhh... gotcha!" and then reveal the actual car.

bgmnts

I actually like it, it's something Robocop or Judge Dredd would drive.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 22, 2019, 10:43:36 AM
I actually like it, it's something Robocop or Judge Dredd would drive.

That's exactly why its not worth it. Engineering the future to look like the past's interpretation of the future.

Cardenio I

I kind of like it too... or at least appreciate how batshit it is to actually pour millions of dollars into something that looks that stupid. The Simpsons reference upthread is right on the money.

According to that BBC article this is meant to be a pick-up truck? I'm no businessman but I know Americans love their pick-ups -and I'm at least vaguely aware of the kind of Americans that love their pick-ups. I cannot imagine a single one of them spunking $40000 on whatever the fuck that is.

Icehaven

It is a half-formed thing.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cardenio I on November 22, 2019, 10:50:44 AM
I kind of like it too... or at least appreciate how batshit it is to actually pour millions of dollars into something that looks that stupid. The Simpsons reference upthread is right on the money.

According to that BBC article this is meant to be a pick-up truck? I'm no businessman but I know Americans love their pick-ups -and I'm at least vaguely aware of the kind of Americans that love their pick-ups. I cannot imagine a single one of them spunking $40000 on whatever the fuck that is.

Three guys (out of six, total) at work have got new Chevy trucks in the last year, the cheapest was $53000
Truck styling has gone increasingly "big rig" recently. The front ends are so tall and bulky that I can't reach the dipstick to check the oil without standing on something. I'm 6' tall ffs.

And now I'm stuck singing the Canyonero jingle for tbe rest of the day.

Icehaven

Quote from: Cardenio I on November 22, 2019, 10:50:44 AM

Quote from: icehaven on November 22, 2019, 09:44:27 AM
Well let's hope the Russian mafia won't be put off too much.

I don't think it's really aimed at your typical American pickup trucker, more the extremely-wealthy-but-extremely-tasteless global market. The fact it looks a bit like an armoured vehicle and the (not entirely successful) emphasis on not being able to smash you way into it also suggests it's not primarily designed for middle class American suburbs.

Blumf

Obviously a test mule. Probably a response to the all electric Bollinger B2:

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An 80s Lamborghini chassis strapped to some fuck off massive tyres is pretty much what a 48 year old man child with more money than sense would design.

Butchers Blind

Just realised, there's no wing mirrors on it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Or headlights. Bet the cunt doesn't even have a steering wheel.

Edit: It does have headlights. I am silly.

Icehaven

Is it one of those self driving malarkeys? I'm presuming it is as the angle of that windscreen doesn't look particularly easy to see through.

Quote from: Blumf on November 22, 2019, 12:12:54 PM
Obviously a test mule. Probably a response to the all electric Bollinger B2:

Hmm... Wonder where they got their styling cues from.

Head Gardener

PlanktonSideburns

bloody hell, thats a pure rip isnt it? where is that original design from?

pains me to say that i quite like the shape of it. making myself feel better about liking something musk has done by pretending that grimes helped him with the design

buttgammon

And (some) people venerate this man as a genius?

PlanktonSideburns

anyone online tried to make a joke about it being a man-deloriean?

Urinal Cake

The design is whatever. The funniest things are the shatterproof windows that shattered. Twice. Great engineering Musk!

Bizarro Mark Bosnich

Quote from: buttgammon on November 23, 2019, 02:04:41 PM
And (some) people venerate this man as a genius?

I half-remember Chapo Trap House making the point that he's probably only revered as much as he is because there aren't really any other visionary scientists/inventors/engineers going who offer up a remotely positive and exciting sci-fi future like he does. You can see how desperate the situation is right now when this schmuck is compared with Edison and Tesla.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 23, 2019, 11:56:03 PM
The design is whatever. The funniest things are the shatterproof windows that shattered. Twice. Great engineering Musk!

Apparently all sold out so looks like another success for Elon.

Head Gardener