Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Depeche Mode - "Spirits in the Forest"

Started by Famous Mortimer, November 22, 2019, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

The new documentary, directed by Anton Corbijn, had its one-day-only cinema showing last night. I went, packed house, lovely.

It's a really interesting film, I reckon. 6 super-fans tell their stories, and they start off with shorter clips of the new songs, and as the songs get older the clips get longer (it's from a Berlin show last year). The six, from Mongolia and Colombia and LA and Berlin (via Brazil) and Paris and Romania, have fun stories to tell. And the concert footage is great, too - Gahan's an energetic fella for a former junkie in his mid-50s.

So, I love Depeche Mode. I love that they're still making good new music, and their old stuff sounds even better these days. Anyone else watch the doc? Or just any other fans?

Norton Canes

Yes I am best fan depeche MODE

Haven't seen Spirits In The Forest yet, it doesn't come anywhere near my neck of the woods (heh) until December 14th. Even then, not sure... they did the whole 'following the fans' thing for 101, and this seems like they're just trying to play the same trick twice. Plus, there were only really a couple of even half-decent songs on Spirit. Longer clips from older songs seems a reasonable deal.

Would love to see The Posters Came From The Walls, the 2008 documentary that also (hmm) followed a group of super-fans. Doesn't seem to be streamable, downloadable or purchasable in any format though.

Famous Mortimer

Perhaps it's that the band themselves aren't super-interesting any more? I saw 101 when I was very young and don't remember much of anything about it, but that is kinda a weird thing to do for three different documentaries.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 22, 2019, 03:54:09 PM
Would love to see The Posters Came From The Walls, the 2008 documentary that also (hmm) followed a group of super-fans. Doesn't seem to be streamable, downloadable or purchasable in any format though.
Openculture posted yet another super-fan documentary about Depeche Mode. How many are there?

http://www.openculture.com/2019/10/lost-depeche-mode-documentary-is-now-online-watch-our-hobby-is-depeche-mode.html