Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

waiting for disorganised bastards to show up

Started by PlanktonSideburns, November 23, 2019, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

how long do you give it before you go round their house and firebomb it into a smooth black surface?

been in a coffe shop 35min so far, no communication from said cunt, hes not seen any of the messages sent asking how hes getting on

i could be at home doing awful things to myself right now.

he knows im training over from the next town also, so im down the cost of a load of bevarages i didnt want and a train trip also by god

the meetup is for a meeting about doing a music project with someone, so i guess we would have been chatting for between 1-3 hours, depending on how it went, -so another question;

how long can i politley sit on my tod drinking herbal teas until i can leave a message for him that says

'sorry blud, hope youre ok, i got another thing i gotta get to, so im leaving the coffe shop now. have a nice life'

or words to that effect>?

Butchers Blind

The most I wait is 10 minutes then I'm gone. 

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

admirable

ive had one coffe, on an early grey now, then fuck off back home - but youre right, should have 1boy1cupped it and fucked on down to pissofftown shouldnt i?

Dusty Substance

I went out with someone for FOUR YEARS who would routinely turn up three to four hours late and then act as if it was my fault.

Despite four years of patience and nicely asking her to at least try to let me know if she was running late I had to break up with her.

Four fucking years wasted on that ungrateful cunt.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 23, 2019, 02:08:36 PM
how long do you give it before you go round their house and firebomb it into a smooth black surface?

Do you mind if I read your post in a bawdy Cockney caricature voice?

'Ow long dew yew give et...'

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 23, 2019, 02:20:06 PM
Solo project

I'll do a solo project on his bloody head

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 23, 2019, 02:31:55 PM
Do you mind if I read your post in a bawdy Cockney caricature voice?

'Ow long dew yew give et...'

Good shout

So, to prevent a life of anguish, I should not bother with person unless he was ran over rn route right?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dusty Substance on November 23, 2019, 02:19:18 PM
I went out with someone for FOUR YEARS who would routinely turn up three to four hours late and then act as if it was my fault.

Despite four years of patience and nicely asking her to at least try to let me know if she was running late I had to break up with her.

Four fucking years wasted on that ungrateful cunt.

Got angry just reading this.

How did they get away with this? We're they extremely charming or erotic?

I've been in a similiar situation. The funny part is, they won't even apologise when they turn up. They'll come bouncing down the street, giggling and bantering through their beard. And then they will expect you to go to their own chosen events.

Of course, he wants to do a 'thing' at that pub. Wants to strut his stuff there. But you must put your foot down this time. 'I'd indulge your wanky gig on any other night... but you were an hour late. I sat here, in the cold, for a literal fucking hour. You already strained my indulgence, you're not getting any more from me.'

PlanktonSideburns

Just got the excuse in from him now. Offered to do a Skype next time.

Going home for some kievs and a nice hot bath to soothe my soul. What a waste of a day when days are few and far between

Konki

Unless the excuse is a genuine serious health/emergency/death issue I'd cut that cunt out of my life immediately. I'm not even joking.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 23, 2019, 02:51:50 PM
Got angry just reading this.

How did they get away with this? We're they extremely charming or erotic?

I convinced myself that it was just how relationships work and it was worth getting into an awkward row and the inevitable two week huff (her, not me).  I'm a billion times happier being (mostly) single for the last five years.

Quote from: Dusty Substance on November 23, 2019, 03:36:10 PM
I convinced myself that it was just how relationships work and it was worth getting into an awkward row and the inevitable two week huff (her, not me).  I'm a billion times happier being (mostly) single for the last five years.

Was she trying to be 'fashionably late'? Did she think everyone was on the edge of their seats, wondering and fevering with anticipation. Ooh-hoo, when will Mrs. Substance show up? What a blessed event it shall be!

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 23, 2019, 03:44:10 PM
Was she trying to be 'fashionably late'? Did she think everyone was on the edge of their seats, wondering and fevering with anticipation. Ooh-hoo, when will Mrs. Substance show up? What a blessed event it shall be!

Nope. She'd turn up hours late with a face like thunder and make everyone feel uncomfortable. It wasn't all bad, 100% of the time for four years but when it was bad, it was fucking horrible. According to the few mutual friends we still have left (she hasn't said a word to me in the five years since I dumped her) she's still doing the same thing to her new partner.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dusty Substance on November 23, 2019, 03:56:37 PM
Nope. She'd turn up hours late with a face like thunder and make everyone feel uncomfortable. It wasn't all bad, 100% of the time for four years but when it was bad, it was fucking horrible. According to the few mutual friends we still have left (she hasn't said a word to me in the five years since I dumped her) she's still doing the same thing to her new partner.

just seems quite time consuming

The Roofdog

Wait, 3-4 hours late isn't even "late", it's "the event happened and is now over". What can you turn up 4 hours late for and still do the thing? Like, you were supposed to meet for lunch but went for dinner instead?

What attracted you to her in the first place? I ask because you make her sound like she is socially insufferable, in any situation.

Was it tits? Was it the tits again?

Dannyhood91

I had to deal with a disorganised estate agents yesterday. I waited an hour and rang ten times and no cunt showed up. Also the property wasn't entirely as advertised because it was an NHS building of some kind and not a lovely looking flat like it said on rightmove.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 23, 2019, 03:26:17 PMGoing home for some kievs

More disappointment awaits, unless you've perfected a method of cooking them without the bastards bursting.  I've experimented with making small holes in the top to relieve the pressure part-way through the cooking process but it doesn't always work and statistically I don't think I'm doing any better than if I left them alone.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 23, 2019, 05:22:43 PM
More disappointment awaits, unless you've perfected a method of cooking them without the bastards bursting.  I've experimented with making small holes in the top to relieve the pressure part-way through the cooking process but it doesn't always work and statistically I don't think I'm doing any better than if I left them alone.

Never had a Kiev burst on me

What are you doing?

Buy from aldi, preheat to 200, wait 30 min, eat them - job done.

Endicott

Never? That's some record. For every person who's never had a burst Kiev, there's another for whom every time the Kiev explodes in their face. You monster.

PlanktonSideburns

so it bursts as you stick your fork into it?

putting kievs in now. will report back

Dusty Substance

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 23, 2019, 04:16:39 PM
Wait, 3-4 hours late isn't even "late", it's "the event happened and is now over". What can you turn up 4 hours late for and still do the thing? Like, you were supposed to meet for lunch but went for dinner instead?

Sometimes it was me waiting for her at the train station and I'd give up texting/calling and go home. Occasionally it was drinks with friends which made it plain embarrassing when she'd eventually turn up. Often it was just a night in at my flat which became infuriating as I could have been doing something more worthwhile with my weekend rather than pacing and looking at the clock.  Once it was a weekend holiday I'd booked and she turned up four hours late which meant we basically wasted the entire first day.

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 23, 2019, 04:19:53 PM
What attracted you to her in the first place? I ask because you make her sound like she is socially insufferable, in any situation.

Was it tits? Was it the tits again?

We were friends first and we were both into the same things but the relationship became increasingly difficult over the years. In our last year together she discovered she was officially "on the spectrum" (in her mid 20s) which explained a lot but still wasn't a valid excuse for her behavior. I guess I initially felt sorry for her for the very reason that she didn't have many friends and she'd rather sit with her face buried in a book in the pub instead of joining the conversation which I found quite quirky and cool in a Ghost World kind of way.

I'm ten years older than her which could explain a lot of our differences and, I'll be the first to admit it, I'm perhaps not the easiest person to go out with (tend to get a bit obsessive, like things to be in order etc.) but even friends I met through her find it difficult to believe I put up with it for so long and I at least make an effort to get on with new people and I always try my hardest to turn up on time - If I'm not, I'll let the person know.

The main reason she hates my guts now is the way in which I broke up with her.

We'd had a couple of weeks apart after one occasion when she'd turned up hours late and I was properly upset that she'd done it again and I said it was the last straw but she suggested a bit of time apart and see how we got on. We didn't talk for about two weeks and after that time she promised she'd make an effort to be on time (plus all the other things that annoyed the two of us about each other).

She convinced me to give her a second chance but within three months she was back to her habit of keeping me waiting again so I made the decision to finish it (there was a touch of emotional blackmail involved as she'd a history of self harming and I was so worried about being the reason if she went back to that).

Even though we'd been together for just short of four years, we never moved in together (I never have lived with anyone other than my family and, probably, never will) but we'd started to look around flats. The day we found the perfect place - Great location, massive rooms, big spare room for her books and my records, fantastic views and newly decorated - Was also the day I decided to end it. I knew it was either then or never - I couldn't imagine the hell of moving in together and then realising I'd made a mistake. So she asked me what I thought of the flat and I told her I didn't want to be with her any more. Still the most difficult decision I ever had to make and the look on her face still crushes me when I think about that moment.

It did me the world of good though. I lost four stone, got a new wardrobe, fresh perspective and regained my lost confidence. She still absolutely hates my guts and made it very clear by telling my new friends what she thought of me but they're smart enough to realize I'm not the massive cunt she makes me out to be. She continues to alienate any new friends she makes and I believe she's now a rather militant TERF.

EDIT: Oh, and she even turned up late on the day we looked around that flat, which only confirmed my reasons to break up.

Dex Sawash

Rolf Lundgren

Never settle for being someone's other when you know you have the potential to be someone's only.

BritishHobo

Roofdog, when you said she would turn up late with a face like thunder and make out it was everyone else's fault, what possible argument did she try and use? Would she say you had the time wrong and were four hours early?

imitationleather

Quote from: Dusty Substance on November 23, 2019, 06:06:21 PM
Sometimes it was me waiting for her at the train station and I'd give up texting/calling and go home. Occasionally it was drinks with friends which made it plain embarrassing when she'd eventually turn up. Often it was just a night in at my flat which became infuriating as I could have been doing something more worthwhile with my weekend rather than pacing and looking at the clock.  Once it was a weekend holiday I'd booked and she turned up four hours late which meant we basically wasted the entire first day.

We were friends first and we were both into the same things but the relationship became increasingly difficult over the years. In our last year together she discovered she was officially "on the spectrum" (in her mid 20s) which explained a lot but still wasn't a valid excuse for her behavior. I guess I initially felt sorry for her for the very reason that she didn't have many friends and she'd rather sit with her face buried in a book in the pub instead of joining the conversation which I found quite quirky and cool in a Ghost World kind of way.

I'm ten years older than her which could explain a lot of our differences and, I'll be the first to admit it, I'm perhaps not the easiest person to go out with (tend to get a bit obsessive, like things to be in order etc.) but even friends I met through her find it difficult to believe I put up with it for so long and I at least make an effort to get on with new people and I always try my hardest to turn up on time - If I'm not, I'll let the person know.

The main reason she hates my guts now is the way in which I broke up with her.

We'd had a couple of weeks apart after one occasion when she'd turned up hours late and I was properly upset that she'd done it again and I said it was the last straw but she suggested a bit of time apart and see how we got on. We didn't talk for about two weeks and after that time she promised she'd make an effort to be on time (plus all the other things that annoyed the two of us about each other).

She convinced me to give her a second chance but within three months she was back to her habit of keeping me waiting again so I made the decision to finish it (there was a touch of emotional blackmail involved as she'd a history of self harming and I was so worried about being the reason if she went back to that).

Even though we'd been together for just short of four years, we never moved in together (I never have lived with anyone other than my family and, probably, never will) but we'd started to look around flats. The day we found the perfect place - Great location, massive rooms, big spare room for her books and my records, fantastic views and newly decorated - Was also the day I decided to end it. I knew it was either then or never - I couldn't imagine the hell of moving in together and then realising I'd made a mistake. So she asked me what I thought of the flat and I told her I didn't want to be with her any more. Still the most difficult decision I ever had to make and the look on her face still crushes me when I think about that moment.

It did me the world of good though. I lost four stone, got a new wardrobe, fresh perspective and regained my lost confidence. She still absolutely hates my guts and made it very clear by telling my new friends what she thought of me but they're smart enough to realize I'm not the massive cunt she makes me out to be. She continues to alienate any new friends she makes and I believe she's now a rather militant TERF.

EDIT: Oh, and she even turned up late on the day we looked around that flat, which only confirmed my reasons to break up.

Sounds like you were going out with Putin.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 23, 2019, 06:03:03 PM
so it bursts as you stick your fork into it?

putting kievs in now. will report back

It bursts (or more likely, slowly seeps out) during the cooking process so the baking tray is absolutely swimming and the kiev is 'dry as a nun's cunt', as my brother eloquently put it.

Dex Sawash