Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

waiting for disorganised bastards to show up

Started by PlanktonSideburns, November 23, 2019, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 26, 2019, 05:14:21 AM
Yea if you're telling people you can't do a precise time, they're the knobs in that situation, sounds like your mates are not listening to you properly

To be fair it's not often and it's not many of my friends.

One of my female friends is very needy and the sort of person who if you weren't there exactly on time would start phoning and messaging. 'I do not appreciate being kept waiting.' That sort of stuff. Yet she probably cancelled on me more often than I cancelled on her but didn't seem to realise the contradiction. But we had a big fall-out a while ago, didn't talk for a couple of years and she was the one who got back in touch, so since then she seems to have relaxed a bit. I've told her many a time (as I've told everyone else) I'll be there as soon as I can and she finally seems to have got it. I don't go: "Oh, but I'm disabled.'' It's not as if I can hide it anyway so I think people should at least realise that this may sometimes affect my ability to get places quickly.

Another one, a male I've known since schooldays really had a go at me once when I said I'd pick him up at 9 to go to the pub (as a non-drinker I'm always the designated driver) but I didn't make it till 20 past. My back was bloody killing that evening. I didn't even bother defending myself. Just shrugged. He then practically went apocalyptic when I picked up another mate who wanted to use the cashpoint on the way there, so I stopped, he got out, bumped into someone he knew there and had a couple of minutes chat before getting back into the car.

But having said that, the angry mate has quite bad mental health problems and can behave quite erratically, and last time we arranged to go to the pub he blew us out on the day itself. I didn't mind. Horses for courses and all that.

I'm going to the pictures with a few other mates tonight. I suppose I'd better get there before the film starts.

New page, no time to say hello. Goodbye.

Ham Bap

I have no issue with people who are half an hour late or have genuine issues as to why they might not make something.
Its people who make plans who have no intention of doing what they say, or always have ready made (not genuine) excuses.
Or just dont turn up.

We're all adults at this stage. Just tell me if you dont/cant come so I dont have to organise my whole day around it. Im happy enough to get on with the rest of my day without their bullshit.

Jockice

Quote from: Ham Bap on November 26, 2019, 09:23:32 AM
I have no issue with people who are half an hour late or have genuine issues as to why they might not make something.
Its people who make plans who have no intention of doing what they say, or always have ready made (not genuine) excuses.
Or just dont turn up.

We're all adults at this stage. Just tell me if you dont/cant come so I dont have to organise my whole day around it. Im happy enough to get on with the rest of my day without their bullshit.

Yes, that's it. A couple of years ago I got tickets to see a band (mentioning no names, but they were a second division Britpop band who had reformed) basically because a female friend really wanted to go. I genuinely wasn't bothered about them either way. Less than an hour before we were due to meet she texted me cancelling. She is bipolar and was obviously had some sort of panic attack, so I went on my own. They were okay.

And only a fortnight ago the same thing happened with my girlfriend before a concert by her favourite band ever. She's not bipolar (or at least not diagnosed) but she too had a panic attack. She thought I'd be angry with her. I wasn't.  It happens. We went back to her place and watched telly.

holyzombiejesus

I get more frustrated with people who turn up early. I always arrive a bit before others so I can have a bit of quiet time and brace myself for having to share space and time with other humans. Get there half an hour early, pint and selfish crisps and maybe a read of the paper, lovely. I really look forward to that bit so if I turn up and friend is already there it's really discombobulating and puts me in a bratty strop.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 26, 2019, 11:15:09 AM
I get more frustrated with people who turn up early. I always arrive a bit before others so I can have a bit of quiet time and brace myself for having to share space and time with other humans. Get there half an hour early, pint and selfish crisps and maybe a read of the paper, lovely. I really look forward to that bit so if I turn up and friend is already there it's really discombobulating and puts me in a bratty strop.

I like to turn up 30min early, with a book, but I try be somewhere not quite at the meet up point, to avoid this

PlanktonSideburns

Incidentally, wife's in work till late, so I'm thinking of doing KIEV night again tonight. Going to slightly perforate them and put some a chip entourage around it to play hasmat to any juicebursts

PlanktonSideburns

KIEV UPDATE: A BURSTER!

had my first burster today aldi kiev, usuall settings, - for a science i put one in out of phase, one in normal - contrary to talk on here, it was the OUT OF PHASE one that burst!

Didn't want to make myself look an even bigger cunt, but my upsidedowners both burst.

Can't win them all.

PlanktonSideburns