Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Difficulty settings

Started by The Boston Crab, November 23, 2019, 04:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Normal.  I like it to feel like an achievement and "ooh I completed it" as something to brag about a little (even just to myself) but for it not to be so hard that it's a misery.  And if I get stuck somewhere I'd rather step the difficulty down (if the option is there mid-game) than give up.

wasp_f15ting

With Jedi Fallen order I went for the full easy mode...

I hated the feeling of being this apparently super strong Jedi.. and then being killed by a cunting worm.

I

greenman

Generally normal unless it was something like Contra Spirit were you needed to play though on hard to see more of the game.

Sin Agog

Usually have a punt at one step harder than normal, but those Doom-like difficulty settings that attempted to bait you into challenging yourself usually had the opposite effect on me.  I'd choose 'Gormless Bald Maggot Whose Stanky Balls Engulf His Trifling Johnson' just to spite the cunts.

bgmnts

Anyone who plays on easy should be drowned.

Dewt

Quote from: bgmnts on December 16, 2019, 12:02:23 PM
Anyone who plays on easy should be drowned.
I don't think that would happen, water is only fatal on the harder setting.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 25, 2019, 11:10:56 AM
If I ever bother playing Wolfenstein the New Colossus again, I'll definitely play it on easy mode. "Normal" was a giant, tedious pisstake on that - and there were about three difficulty levels that were even higher. I really don't understand what the devs were thinking.

There's a fucking permadeath mode in that game. Genuinely unbelievable. I beat every prior Nu-Wolf on the second-to-hardest (I Am Death Incarnate!) and only struggled at a couple of wave-event sequences. In The New Colossus I was fucking dead six times in the intro sequence and had to crank down a difficulty level every couple of hours until I ended up on Easy, and even then it felt like it was harder than IADI!. Fucking PISS TAKERS.

H-O-W-L

Imagine adding a fucking permadeath mode to a game where you INTRODUCED QUICKSAVING TO FIX YOUR OWN FUCKING BALANCING YOU FUCKING CUNTS.

Jim Bob

Quote from: H-O-W-L on December 17, 2019, 09:04:51 PM
Imagine adding a fucking permadeath mode to a game where you INTRODUCED QUICKSAVING TO FIX YOUR OWN FUCKING BALANCING YOU FUCKING CUNTS.

RAAAAHHHHHH

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

GRRAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHH!!!

They'd probably claim some guffy artistic liscence excuse - e.g. fighting super nazis isn't meant to be fun.

a game where you INTRODUCED QUICKSAVING TO FIX YOUR OWN FUCKING BALANCING YOU FUCKING CUNTS.
Much like how From Software ballsed up the difficulty in their games and tacked on that dumb online co-op gimmick to make up for it.

Yeah, I went there!

bgmnts

Git gud