Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you friends from home feckless idiots too?

Started by Blinder Data, November 24, 2019, 05:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Maybe that tars my mates with too broad a brush - and obviously this is an almost unanswerable question for people who never left their hometown or went to uni

But are your friends from home/high school generally much more useless than your other pals?

At my wedding my friends from home stayed up too late the night before, pissed people off with noise, didn't help out like others. My friends from uni were generally much better behaved/more mature. The same can be said for my wife's pals.

This is not an education/class thing for me as most of my school pals went to uni, indeed my uni pals are arguably less middle class than my school pals. It just feels like they act like they're 18 and have never moved on from school, seeing as they moved straight back home after uni.

Is it the same for you? Why? How has it manifested itself?

None of them are racist yet, which at least is something.

SteK

Mine are nearly all Tory supporters cos they have a mortgage-on-their-council-houses racists who complain tacitly about Muslims and homeless people who can afford a dog.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 24, 2019, 05:44:41 PM
Maybe that tars my mates with too broad a brush - and obviously this is an almost unanswerable question for people who never left their hometown or went to uni

But are your friends from home/high school generally much more useless than your other pals?

At my wedding my friends from home stayed up too late the night before, pissed people off with noise, didn't help out like others. My friends from uni were generally much better behaved/more mature. The same can be said for my wife's pals.

This is not an education/class thing for me as most of my school pals went to uni, indeed my uni pals are arguably less middle class than my school pals. It just feels like they act like they're 18 and have never moved on from school, seeing as they moved straight back home after uni.

Is it the same for you? Why? How has it manifested itself?

None of them are racist yet, which at least is something.

Not me but my brother has that issue. His friends from home are flaky, unreliable and sometimes small minded bigots whereas his many of his acquaintances (including my current friends) have actually turned up to events out of loyalty despite not being as good friends and hold morals you would be pleasantly surprised about.

Small Man Big Horse

Friends A & B - Nah, they're both great, still hugely geeky so we have a lot in common, and politically they're both very left wing too.

Friend C - More of an annoying twat than a feckless idiot. Disappeared for years when he got coupled up / married, reappeared when divorced, kept on saying how much he'd missed everyone and how important we were to him, and then disappeared again when he found someone new.

Friend D - Okay, ridiculously neurotic though which is quite tiring now that she's married and no longer occasionally kisses me.

Friend E - More of an absolute cunt than a feckless idiot, but I no longer see him thankfully.

So nope, no feckless idiots I'm afraid. Sorry.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: SteK on November 24, 2019, 05:55:40 PM
Mine are nearly all Tory supporters cos they have a mortgage-on-their-council-houses racists who complain tacitly about Muslims and homeless people who can afford a dog.

Same here, I believe there are two Hartlepools, the one they grew up in which was fucking great and the one I grew up in, which was fucking shite

Apparently there are two hundreds mosques in the town, they turn there houses into them you see

To be fair there was 'two' Hartlepools until amalgamation in 1967

Noddy Tomkey

Hi, I'm the Feckless Idiot of my friendship group. Ask me anything.

My so-called friends at primary, they all turned their backs on me when I went to the wrong kind of secondary school.

And it did get to me, when I was younger. There was one time they were hectoring me on the bus and, I'm ashamed to admit, I started crying like a pansy. They had a good little laugh at my expense but of course, as the years went on, the joke of life was played on them.

madhair60

touchingcloth

Mine are shitcunts who post boring fucking pictures endlessly on Whatsapp.

I just ignore them. How are you supposed to react to that shite?

seepage

newspapers: none
films: none
TV: Sci-Fi/fantasy
music: Styx, Guns & Roses, late-era Genesis
food: Tex-Mex, Thai; definitely nothing Continental
comedy: Python parrot sketch, Spanish Inquisition

Cardenio I

Genuinely laughed Dickson Poon and the rude chocolate bars.

Blue Jam

I don't have any friends from home because they're all feckless idiots.

Since we're doing memes: