Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paying to meet the famous

Started by Small Man Big Horse, November 24, 2019, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Quote from: TheMonk on November 25, 2019, 03:20:05 AM
Must admit I am quite up for a gift of a paid recorded message on Cameo from Gilbert Gottfried or the like.
Quite a library of celebs these days.
https://www.cameo.com/gilbertgottfried

I've mentioned this site before but on https://www.celebvm.com/, you can pay for video messages from people such as: Biggins, Barry from Eastenders, a lookalike of Ricky Gervais and none other than... Jet from Gladiators for literally dozens of pounds. Desolation.

Glebe

Quote from: The Lurker on November 25, 2019, 06:23:06 AM
I've mentioned this site before but on https://www.celebvm.com/, you can pay for video messages from people such as: Biggins, Barry from Eastenders, a lookalike of Ricky Gervais and none other than... Jet from Gladiators for literally dozens of pounds. Desolation.

Let's get them to do special messages for CaB!

A mate of mine once called the rap singer out of Aqua a 'baaaldy cunt' in Legends in Newcastle a decade or two ago, and said rap singer seemed upset.  The entry to the club would've been about £5 - I'd pay that (allowing for inflation) to insult a D-Lister, if that counts?

BlodwynPig

I paid for a four course meal with Justin Lee Collins in Cwmbran. We called it quits after the prawn cocktail.

koeman

Quote from: Buelligan on November 24, 2019, 06:36:25 PM
I've been eyeballed by Bowie, kissed by AC/DC and stared in the tits by Kate Bush

Charlene considers a rewrite.

I've been to an autograph convention where I met Boycie and Denzil, among others. It was brilliant, actually - highlights included my brother being turned down for a selfie by Herr Flick, and watching Jess Conrad counting his wad of money.

Even more desolate, if you can imagine, was the time I paid for entry to a nightclub in Loughborough so my mate could meet Kinga, who famously shoved a wine bottle up her fanny on Big Brother. I think he was hoping for a repeat performance, but sadly for him she just walked back and forth across the dancefloor a couple of times, hoping someone would notice.

I was once asked by Bobby Davro the way to the nearest hairdresser's. As he walked away with a polite thank you I tried to slip a £20 note into his front trouser pocket but he was having none of it and batted away my hand quite sharply.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: TheMonk on November 25, 2019, 03:20:05 AM
Must admit I am quite up for a gift of a paid recorded message on Cameo from Gilbert Gottfried or the like.
Quite a library of celebs these days.
https://www.cameo.com/gilbertgottfried

I was surprised to see Norm MacDonald on there, I guess someone told him it was an easy way to make money but it just seems a bit desperate. And bizarrely Rhys James is also on the site and charging a grand, I can only presume he's taking the piss with that amount.

Quote from: icehaven on November 24, 2019, 06:41:21 PM
I saw an ad for "An Evening With Bob Geldof" type thing a while ago
I had [a bit of] an evening with Bob Geldof a few years ago, FOR FREE, in BRAZIL! My report: he has ver ver soft hands. I have also seen him walking past Tesco, Crescent Rd, Faversham, ME13 7AS, which I was able to do without a preceding 14 hour flight. His hands, on that occasion, must remain entirely a matter for him.

Urinal Cake

It's weird. In the mid 2000s we used to make fun of males who hover handed Summer Glau. Now those guys are heroes. Progress.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

For those who are unfamiliar with the wonder that is the male hover hand, regarde:

imitationleather

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 25, 2019, 09:16:30 AM
I was once asked by Bobby Davro the way to the nearest hairdresser's. As he walked away with a polite thank you I tried to slip a £20 note into his front trouser pocket but he was having none of it and batted away my hand quite sharply.

I wonder how much Davro would demand to get in some stocks while I shouted "Oh Bobby!"

dr beat

As featured on Chart Music Podcast a while back, we all missed a treat at the Chesney Hawkes (and Pat Sharp) festival this summer.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-weekend-with-chesney-hawkes-the-one-and-onlyspecial-guest-pat-sharp-tickets-53246973130#

What would have you gone for? The £22.99 rate or the £985.65 one?

BlodwynPig

I've had Declan Donnelly's head up my bum

True story

shiftwork2

What is Chesney Hawkes selling for £985, presumably an afternoon with his wife?

Icehaven

Quote from: dr beat on November 25, 2019, 11:57:36 AM
As featured on Chart Music Podcast a while back, we all missed a treat at the Chesney Hawkes (and Pat Sharp) festival this summer.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-weekend-with-chesney-hawkes-the-one-and-onlyspecial-guest-pat-sharp-tickets-53246973130#

What would have you gone for? The £22.99 rate or the £985.65 one?

Not to derail but there's a link on that page for 'Glamping' at an 80s and 90s festival with the cheapest tent at £500 and the most expensive £1,305, and that doesn't include a ticket to the festival!!. So that's at least £100 for 3 nights in a tent with fairy lights in it. The picture makes the site look like a bloody refugee camp too, Fyre eat your heart out.

SteveDave

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2019, 12:56:07 PM
What is Chesney Hawkes selling for £985, presumably an afternoon with his wife?

I looked her up and thought it said "Born 1997" and I thought "Dirty dog" then I saw a photo of her and re-read that they were married in 1997. Oh. Post.

SteveDave

Fuck me. Imagine paying for one of them for yourself. Man alive.

SteveDave

I can't stop looking at this website and imagining paying some YouTube child £7 to say "I'm very sorry to hear your dog died of cancer-AIDS which, as you know is a strain of super disease which, if it transfers to humans, could wipe out the planet like that (snap your fingers)"

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 24, 2019, 06:31:34 PM
at a tiny sci-fi convention I paid £10 to get Chris Barrie's autograph

I went to a sci-fi convention about a year ago. It wasn't my idea, I'm not retarded. The sheer mercenary nature of seeing Dean Cain, fat Nick Frost and assorted Star Trek feature players all lined up in booths taking 20 quid to sign something or 50 squid for a picture before being shoved out of the way for the next £50 note on legs was a bit dispiriting.

I understand that if they didn't charge cashmoney the line would be 10 times longer and I get paid for my time in work so why shouldn't they? I know that. I'm not an idiot. But there's just something about charging someone for 20 seconds of your time that seems really odd to me. Like it's capitalism at its most bare naked nudity. Gimme a tenner and I'll face you, gimme another tenner and I'll speak, gimme 20 quid more and I'll stand still for a photo. For 100 quid I'll record a message on your answer machine.

It's really like cam girls charging for whatever they charge for. It's prostitution without the sex.

alan nagsworth

I paid £5 to meet Rina Sawayama. Got to gush about how she's the next queen of pop, got some great photos, fuckin loved it.

Otherwise literally the only people I would ever pay an eyebrow-raising amount of money to meet would be Dean and/or Gene Ween, and I don't think I'd even go over £100 for that, and I'm fucking obsessed with those lads. Actually maybe I'd sacrifice my kings ransom of jambon to meet Bob Mortimer. Everyone else can fuck off.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Girl With The Chebs In Her Eyes

non capisco

Bennett Brauer

I've mentioned this site before but on https://www.celebvm.com/

Tough times for Sandy Gall.

Quote from: koeman on November 25, 2019, 08:27:32 AM
Charlene considers a rewrite.

+10.  Best rewrite gag yet, and it actually works.

SteveDave

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Kate Just the tits for me please, not the Bush