Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:05:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paying to meet the famous

Started by Small Man Big Horse, November 24, 2019, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Buelligan on November 24, 2019, 06:36:25 PM
Nope never paid and not about to start.  I've been eyeballed by Bowie, kissed by AC/DC and stared in the tits by Kate Bush but they all did it gratis.

At the risk of sounding sexist, getting attention from musicians is much easier when you have a pair of tits. A female pair of tits. When you have a morbidly obese male pair of tits then you're getting into 50 quid fee territory.

Bennett Brauer

Duckula

Michael Biehn of 80s movies fame does this and it looks bleak.

https://www.cameo.com/michaelbiehn

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

On both of those one of the tags is" Nineties Throwback". Bit harsh. They may as well put "Has Been" or "Fat Faced Fuck".

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Duckula on November 25, 2019, 03:23:19 PM

"I must have sex with you or the robots will win!!!!"

Sherringford Hovis

I bought Kirk Brandon a pint about 20 years ago.

His conversation skills would fail the Turing test, but he's a very entertaining chap. It took him quite a while to realise that my mate's "Where's Snoopy?" quip was directed at his shirt with a horizontal zig-zag - he genuinely thought that we'd lost a dog and offered to help us look.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Duckula on November 25, 2019, 03:23:19 PM

I'm starting to wonder if you could make a feature length film using that site, just ask those involved to say a specific thing and then edit it all together. Would probably be shit, but at least it'd only cost about five thousand to make if you chose the right people.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 25, 2019, 04:59:40 PM
I'm starting to wonder if you could make a feature length film using that site, just ask those involved to say a specific thing and then edit it all together. Would probably be shit, but at least it'd only cost about five thousand to make if you chose the right people.
One step up (or down) from "Final Flesh".

I keep wanting to use Cameo to send my mates daft messages, but then I realise it's a terrible idea quite quickly. Also also, I snuck in for a chat with John Rhys Davies once without paying, while dressed as the Master from "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" (me, not him) and we had a nice chat about "Sliders".

kngen

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 24, 2019, 06:46:35 PM
I paid like fifty bucks to get wife and me into Thomas Jefferson's house, turns out he was dead and a rapist.

Monticello? I got in an argument with the tour guide when she said that he invented the domed ceiling, when it's well recorded that it was just something had seen on holiday and brought back to America. I'm sure my wife's family were delighted that they paid $30 or so for me to cause a scene like that. Just as well I didn't call them out on the pish about him sitting down and writing the Declaration of Independence in one night, when he'd knocked that from some other fella in Virginia, too. Would have probably been lynched (something TJ would have surely approved of, the slave-owning powder-wigged auld cunt.)

Emma Raducanu

As a boy, I queued in the rain to get Jamie Redknapp's autograph. After waiting an hour and totally drenched, we eventually gave up and went home. There's not a day goes by when I don't wonder, what if?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 25, 2019, 05:13:34 PM
One step up (or down) from "Final Flesh".

Now I want to do it more than ever.

The Giggling Bean

I go to the London Film and Comic Con because they've always got a ton of interesting guests from films and TV I've loved as a kid. I personally have no problem with paying to get a picture with someone I've admired. There's certain films and TV shows that have had an incredible influence on me growing up and it's nice to come face to face with that person just to say thank you. Some, you can tell, are just in it for the money but others seem genuinely grateful and pleased you've come to see them. I'm not that fussed with autographs but I do like getting the photo shoots.

I've met the following in the past...

Doctors 3 to 10, Bruce Campbell, Alex Winter, John Hurt, Malcolm McDowell, Kevin Smith, Robert Englund, Tom Savini, Kane Hodder, John Cleese, Adrian Edmonson, David Naughton, Bernard Cribbins and Christopher Lloyd.

I'm currently struggling with a decision. The Liverpool Comic Con has managed to get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. These were the voices of Optimus Prime and Megatron from the Transformers when I was a kid. Its £100 for a double photo shoot but I believe one of the organisers has associations with the EDL and I dont feel comfortable attending as it feels like I'd be indirectly giving my money to that organisation. However these were HUGE influences on my childhood.

The Giggling Bean

Additional : I wouldn't spend over £100 for any 1 person though. I certainly wouldn't pay £200 odd to need David Jason. I dont think there's anyone I'd pay that amount of money to meet.

shiftwork2

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: The Giggling Bean on November 25, 2019, 08:07:29 PM
I go to the London Film and Comic Con because they've always got a ton of interesting guests from films and TV I've loved as a kid. I personally have no problem with paying to get a picture with someone I've admired. There's certain films and TV shows that have had an incredible influence on me growing up and it's nice to come face to face with that person just to say thank you. Some, you can tell, are just in it for the money but others seem genuinely grateful and pleased you've come to see them. I'm not that fussed with autographs but I do like getting the photo shoots.

I've met the following in the past...

Doctors 3 to 10, Bruce Campbell, Alex Winter, John Hurt, Malcolm McDowell, Kevin Smith, Robert Englund, Tom Savini, Kane Hodder, John Cleese, Adrian Edmonson, David Naughton, Bernard Cribbins and Christopher Lloyd.

I'm currently struggling with a decision. The Liverpool Comic Con has managed to get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. These were the voices of Optimus Prime and Megatron from the Transformers when I was a kid. Its £100 for a double photo shoot but I believe one of the organisers has associations with the EDL and I dont feel comfortable attending as it feels like I'd be indirectly giving my money to that organisation. However these were HUGE influences on my childhood.

I'd definitely pay to meet Tom Baker and Bernard Cribbins, and probably Christopher Lloyd as well if he wasn't crazily expensive.

idunnosomename

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2019, 08:23:21 PM
Worrabout Jesus Christ
you can meet Him for free any day through the holy sacrament of the Eucharist my child

He is like a flying saucer without the sherbert inside, I've heard

Jake Thingray

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 25, 2019, 02:00:00 PM
I went to a sci-fi convention about a year ago. It wasn't my idea, I'm not retarded.

Afraid that really did make me laugh just now.

Twit 2

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2019, 08:23:21 PM
Worrabout Jesus Christ

How much would it cost to fuck Jesus, I wonder? On the one hand you'd hope he'd let you do him for free out of the kindness of his heart (you could probably even duff him up proper, as the sacrificial/BDSM aspect appeals to his type); on the other hand, he is THE LORD - with the savvy to know his 2019 market value, so could be a luxury whore scenario. I know that idea is offensive to religious types. They'll insist the spirit of free fucks ever flows in him. But let's get real. He'd be on the corporate circuit in Dubai until they run out of sheckles. Doesn't even lose 10% to an agent, as it's probably a ghost or some gullible shepherd cunt.

Deyv

The closest I've come to meeting a modern, bona fide star is a friend telling me how he held a door open for Natalie Dormer somewhere in That London. Apart from once seeing Craig Charles smoking outside a building when I was with my mum. "Look!" my genius mother declared. "It's Craig Charles!" She turned to me. "He's smoking!" she pretended to whisper, but was actually yelled. Charles didn't seem to mind, he gave us a little wave with a cheeky little smile.

I saw Matt Berry in London once when waiting to meet my dad for lunch. Didn't approach him, he seemed an angry man.

I think that's it for celebrities, and I've just realised I didn't pay to put myself in any of these situations, so I'll fuck myself out of this thread.

The Giggling Bean

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 25, 2019, 08:32:45 PM
I'd definitely pay to meet Tom Baker and Bernard Cribbins, and probably Christopher Lloyd as well if he wasn't crazily expensive.

I've met Tom Baker a couple of times. I met him when he was reading and signing his autobiography. The time I got my photo with him he was only charging £20 or £30 I think. Cribbins and Lloyd were around the £30 to £40 mark.

It was nice to meet Christopher Lloyd but I was particularly pleased when I found out he'd been in "It's Always Sunny". He was one of the Santas who visits Charlie's mum in the Christmas special.

bgmnts

I saw Craig Bellamy once in Cardiff Central.

alan nagsworth

touchingcloth

How much to meet Wigan Fatty Fuck?

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: kngen on November 25, 2019, 05:35:40 PM
I got in an argument with the tour guide when she said that he invented the domed ceiling

Wait, whaaaat? I think he was at least a couple of thousand years late on that one. What else did they say he invented? the fucking plough?

Well done for causing a scene.

Noodle Lizard

My work's brought me to a couple of horror conventions here, and it's always a bit of a bleak sight. I think there are plenty of figures who know they're a bit campy and lean fully into that con-whore inevitability (even fairly big players like Mark Hamill or Bruce Campbell), but then there are those for whom it's pretty much their only choice rather than a profile-boosting hobby.

Some of the celebrities actually have to pay the convention for their booth, and even those with fairly iconic status like Linda Blair or yer lady from Hellraiser are often sat there alone and depressed, with people sort of pointing and making comments as they walk by. They're usually framed by a banner or backdrop featuring photographs of them at their peak, in their moment. At some point, all of those people thought they'd made it. "Inconstancy is my very essence", says the wheel.

BlodwynPig