Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead: World Beyond

Started by Malcy, November 25, 2019, 12:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bently Sheds

I really wanted to give this a chance as I'm convinced that somewhere in TWD universe is a great story waiting to happen & this could be it. Binned it right after the edgy rebel teen did a moody flounce when three ring English woman tried to talk to her. Fucking Hollyoaks Zombie Wank.

Prediction: Edgy Rebel Teen makes stupid decisions for the sake of being Cool that risk the lives of everyone. Responsible Square Spod Teen saves her ass. Later on, Edgy Rebel Teen saves Responsible Square Spod Teen via her skills of being Edgy and Rebellious and Cool. Everyone learns a lesson. Morgan turns up, rubs his hand down his head and says "It's what we do'.

New page CORALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Tombola

Yep, boring and po-faced as fuck so far.

Malcy

Absolute snooze fest in ep 4. Only interesting thing was the post-credits scene which I only found out about yesterday. Fucking hate those. Still at least it teased that something interesting might happen and hopefully the reasons for the zombies might get a bit fleshed out rather than 1 line at the end of S1 of TWD.

JaDanketies

I feel like where it goes wrong is that it is more interested in being Coronation Street than Breaking Bad. There is no feel of a story that is coming to a dramatic conclusion. There was a start that was good, involving characters that are all now dead or missing, and now there's a big long middle, and there's no end in sight, and presumably no ending planned. Compare it to great zombie films like 28 Days Later or the best of the 'Of The Deads'. Or any critically-acclaimed TV show. It's meandering, it's a momentous effort to be invested in any of the  characters, and it isn't 'must-watch' because you know that it's just gonna keep on trundling along no matter what.

There are so many times it could've ended. Like when they killed The Governor - that was a good storyline, and he had a nice village filled with friendly people. Settle there and then cut to 10 years' time where they've got a big moat and some fields and everyone's happy. The end. Or have them all get overrun with zombies and torn apart and then cut to a world filled with shuffling beasts and no humanity, and everyone loses. It's just impossible to engage with it for as long as it's been going on. Fair play to anyone who still watches it. I dropped out an episode or two after Rick got carried away and it cut into the future, putting characters I didn't give a shit about to the forefront.

Ant Farm Keyboard

It's just a young adult show that happens to take place in the Walking Dead universe. And it's not even that good of a YA show.

surreal

This continues to be terrible, why am I still watching it?

Either they have no budget for effects or they are deliberately trying not to kill the walkers - I'm fully expecting a debate about the ethics of killing them when they get to the place experimenting on people seen in the post-credits last week.  Also Frodo in the corduroy jacket is going to go mental and run off when he find out that emo girl killed his mom.  Also, big lunk is totally going to sacrifice himself for the other one whose name I have no interest in learning, they're getting far too chummy for that not to happen.

Gulftastic

The lack of zombie kills is driving me mad. They have weapons specifically designed to do just that, and yet just push the zombies in the chest a bit.

Mister Six

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 18, 2020, 11:27:42 AM
The title implied that it would be set in other countries of the world, but no it's "world" in the American sense of the word, so Nebraska then.

They could have had zombies milling around Big Ben. Zombies in red phone boxes. Zombie chimney sweeps.

Yeah an anthology series set in countries all over the world would be great but that's probably more financial commitment than the network would want to bother with.

Ant Farm Keyboard

It's amazing that the characters who spent the entire season making bad call after bad call turn out to be the smartest people in the entire universe.

Malcy

Yeah it took a long time to get to what was going on. Even now I don't really feel the series has contributed anything to the lore. It picked up in the last few though. Couple of bits that felt a bit tense and some twists but I hope it gets to the point for the second series.