Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Climate Election Debate (Thurs 28th November, Ch4, 7pm)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 25, 2019, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Jeremy Corbyn,  Sturgeon, Swinson & Berry have now confirmed. Johnson and Farage have not, but the debate will take place if they are there or not.

The debate will be one hour.

honeychile

Do we know if C4 will empty chair them if they no-show?

Replies From View

I really hope they're empty chaired but I doubt that'll happen.  I think if they'd confirmed and then backed out it'd be different.

Mr_Simnock

If no tory prick turns it will only look very bad for them, however their track record on green issues is absolute ebola shit filled nappy level so they probably wont

Replies From View

I can't believe anyone with climate issues near the top of their priority list would ever be particularly inclined to vote for the Tories or Brexit anyway would they?  Do Johnson and Farage really need to put their attention on them?

How much can they lose by just not bothering with this?

Mr_Simnock

Undecideds, you should never underestimate a chance to get on TV and show how credible you are on any subject, always helps. Remember the more the public see of Corbyn the more the Labour vote goes up in the (bullshit propaganda led) polls, IT ALL HELPS.

Replies From View

Oh yes I certainly think it won't harm Corbyn to appear; I was more wondering how much it might impact on Johnson and Farage's chances not to bother.  Like you say it may influence the floating voters but I'm struggling to imagine anyone with any strongly green tendencies currently thinking they might vote for either Tory or Brexit rather than one of the more suitable parties.

In any case I'm hoping that this will be a civil discussion rather than a squabble.  We had that 7 way debate in 2017 that just made everyone involved look like children, and people afterwards were saying "Bravo Theresa May for not showing up!".

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

The drawback there being that most of the people who really need to be exposed to this debate won't bother watching because their personality cult isn't represented.

Fambo Number Mive

Brexit Party have refused to take part: https://twitter.com/brexitparty_uk/status/1199314847055450113

They seem to be annoyed that Channel Four is debating something other than Brexit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I thought their manifesto had some lip service reference to climate change.

Personally I wondered if they would attempt a denialist stance to get attention. Missed a trick there you froggy pint devouring prick.

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

There is a ice sculpture on the Tory and Brexit Party podiums.

Three experts to fact check and give their views at the end of the debate. Why not do this for every polticial debate?

Gove and Johnson's dad tried to get in to the leaders' debate: https://twitter.com/bendepear/status/1200116865894363136

Nicola Sturgeon doing the old "actually I don't think we should be squabbling like children". Actually Nicola it's called passionate debate, and it gives the viewers insight, rather than calmly reading your prepared scripts in turn.

Fambo Number Mive

Tories have complained to Ofcom about the Channel 4 ice statue on Johnson's podium: https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1200124094773170176

Adam Price making good points about the lack of a north-south Wales railway link and how little transport investment Wales gets.

BlodwynPig

Corbyn out of his depth. Voting ice sculpture party 2

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What the fuck is Corbyn playing at here? Letting himself getting rinsed.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Last ditch idea: Corbyn to leave the podiums and smash the Tory/Brexit ice sculptures on the floor.

Epic optics. Eptics.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who advised Corbyn to use May's phrase 'it is about..'

Fucking lynch the cunt

BlodwynPig

I think he's doing fine. Pushing the policies calmly while Boris melts away.

BlodwynPig

Swinson's bizarre smiling into thin air about nothing is great.

Corbyn's done okay, not brilliant or anything.

Lordofthefiles

I dunno what SS is watching but Corbyn is coming across as the only one who knew he was going to be in a climate debate tonight.
He knows his stuff and can answer any question on the fly.

Even the Green cunt is coming across as a disingenuous, sly, smug idiot. - played by the snake off of Jungle Book.

Dr Rock