Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Climate Election Debate (Thurs 28th November, Ch4, 7pm)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 25, 2019, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It wouldn't have swung the election but Corbyn didn't look enthusiastic enough and his answers are quite last gen and betray his age. He looked out of touch and not urgent enough either in climate or to become PM.

Opportunities to make a killer statement missed.

He should have smashed those sculptures to make a point.

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on November 28, 2019, 07:54:37 PM
I dunno what SS is watching but Corbyn is coming across as the only one who knew he was going to be in a climate debate tonight.
He knows his stuff and can answer any question on the fly.

Even the Green cunt is coming across as a disingenuous, sly, smug idiot. - played by the snake off of Jungle Book.

Yes I was impressed with his performance. He had long detailed answers and labours policies are strong in this area. And his only opponent in this election wasn't there.

imitationleather

I am guessing that the newspapers will totally ignore that this debate even happened anyway.

imitationleather

Also does the Green party change leader every year or something?

greencalx

Quote from: imitationleather on November 28, 2019, 08:06:20 PM
Also does the Green party change leader every year or something?

They are strongly committed to recycling, yes.

I'm here all week.

Chairman Yang

By tomorrow this debate will have unhappened anyway - can't have Boris looking bad.

Would anyone be watching the debate for whom climate policy wasn't already important? The Conservative approach seems to be to call the whole thing 'virtue politics'. I reckon Labour might pick up a few ecologically-minded protest votes off the back of that.

BlodwynPig

Hopefully it wasn't a load of hot air

The climate scientists were piss poor

holyzombiejesus

Surely you're going to get a fair few tory voters getting really turned off the party after the last few days? I mean, they've got a hell of a lot of cunts voting for them who are probably chortling along but there must be some people who are just old or thick who are aghast at the way they're behaving. Obviously the woman was a right royal shithead but I bet even Margaret Thatcher would have drawn the line at some of the stuff these scum are doing.

Dr Rock

I think some Tory voters may be offended that Johnson is half-arsing it and taking their votes for granted. Plus you have the 41 Tory voters who care about climate change thinking about maybe possibly not voting Conservative just this one time, maybe.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Chairman Yang on November 28, 2019, 08:49:29 PM
Would anyone be watching the debate for whom climate policy wasn't already important? The Conservative approach seems to be to call the whole thing 'virtue politics'. I reckon Labour might pick up a few ecologically-minded protest votes off the back of that.

A handful. But I think most Tory voters - generally been older and also being Tory voters - largely think "Meh - I'll be dead before the shit //really/ hits the fan".

imitationleather

holyzombiejesus

I imagine they may have a large number of those 'patriotic' types that pride themselves on manners and behaving with decorum and boring shit like WH Smiths and polishing their shoes. Surely they'll be appalled?

garbed_attic

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 28, 2019, 10:12:54 PM
I imagine they may have a large number of those 'patriotic' types that pride themselves on manners and behaving with decorum and boring shit like WH Smiths and polishing their shoes. Surely they'll be appalled?

It's what I thought when Trump gloated about sexually assaulting women, but turned out most American conservatives didn't really care, I guess.

Fambo Number Mive

The Tories and Brexit Party showed how little their leaders care about the climate emergency by not attending (and Gove turning up with Stanley Johnson doesn't count). The best hope we have of even beginning to solve climate change is with a Labour government leading the way. If Swinson really cared about the climate she would stand down Lib Dem candidates across the UK and tell people to vote Labour.

Fambo Number Mive

Except perhaps in Brighton Pavillion and the Isle of Wight, Green Party members should also be voting Labour to get this anti-environment Conservative Party out of office and get a green Labour Party in. The Lib Dems can't be trusted on anything.

Replies From View

I don't understand the whole thing of wheeling Boris Johnson's dad out.  I thought it was a joke at first when I read a Labour page commenting on it.