Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Flight Delay Compensation - Ryanair weasels

Started by paruses, November 27, 2019, 09:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Just wondering if anyone has tried to get a penny out of Ryanair in the past. When the Beast from the East hit last year the cancelled my flight and I did get the money back.

On Monday my flight to Dublin was delayed from 19:35 to 23:00 - taking off around 23:15. In that time there was an undisclosed voucher available (Swissport told me, not Ryanair) but it was so late that everywhere was closed anyway.

I filled in the compensation form and got this back this morning. I don't expect anything honourable or even decent from them but is this their first and standard move to discourage further efforts to claim?

They really are a bunch of cunts; but that goes without saying. I would take to Twitter about it but that whole thing is confusing and frightening to someone my age so here I am instead.

I regret the delay of your flight <>, which was due to an earlier flight disruption as a result of adverse weather conditions, which caused a knock-on effect on the daily schedule of the aircraft.

As this delay was unexpected we wish to inform you that no compensation is due under EU261/2004 as this was caused due to extraordinary circumstances beyond Ryanair's control.

If you remain dissatisfied with the final decision made from our customer services team, you may contact the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and their Passenger Advice and Complaints Team (PACT)

NattyDread 2

I've never claimed from Ryanair but I used this site to put a claim in with FlyBe and it worked a treat. Got offered the cash or some generous flight credits.
https://www.resolver.co.uk/rights-guide/flight-delays-cancellations

Buelligan

Clint Hollow

Used these boffins a couple of years ago and got cash back from Ryanair for a cancelled flight ...

https://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-delay-compensation

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Easyjet even have a streamlined compensation system which is amazing. Takes about 10 minutes and they get back to you reasonably quickly.

With eurowings I had to research the correct wording and it took me a while to find who to contact. 6 weeks later out of the blue a dodgy looking but nevertheless legit response asking for my bank details.

I would assume Ryanair would behave as shittily as they possibly can do as that is their modus operandi. Still, £10 flights eh

There are websites that do it for you and take some of the compensation but it's really not that difficult to do yourself.

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 27, 2019, 10:23:20 AM
There are websites that do it for you and take some of the compensation but it's really not that difficult to do yourself.
The site I linked (Resolver) takes nowt. They just like getting stuck in it seems.

paruses

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 27, 2019, 10:23:20 AM
I would assume Ryanair would behave as shittily as they possibly can do as that is their modus operandi. Still, £10 flights eh

Yes - and they have met expectations.

But as you say, £10 affordable flights - once I balance off that they mean I can get to work, it hasn't fucked up my dwindling leisure time, and the initial annoyance has worn off it's not the end of the world. I still fantasise about being in a position where I sell Michael O Leary something he desperately needs for a massive amount of money (maybe he has fallen down a well and I have some rope or a ladder: €100k please - or some bone marrow: €50 please Michael. That kind of thing.)

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on November 27, 2019, 10:26:36 AM
The site I linked (Resolver) takes nowt. They just like getting stuck in it seems.

Yea - might hand it off to them just for the lolz. Thanks