Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Staged readings

Started by Bad Ambassador, November 27, 2019, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

Jason Reitman's been running these for years, recasting classic movies with current names and having them perform the scripts in front of live audience. It's almost like a remake, but without trampling on the original. For example:

The Princess Bride, with Paul Rudd, Mindy Kaling, Cary Elwes as Humperdink and Rob Reiner as Granddad.
The Big Lebowski, with Seth Rogen as the Dude, Rainn Wilson as Walter and Jason Alexander as Mr Lebowski.
American Beauty, with Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Adam Driver and Woody Harrelson (though the latter missed the performance, leading to a last-minute reshuffle)
Ghostbusters, with Seth Rogen as Venkman, Jack Black as Ray and Rainn Wilson as Egon.
An all-female Glengarry Glen Ross.
An all-black The Maltese Falcon
And two that I wish I'd seen:
The Empire Strikes Back, with Aaron Paul as Luke, Ellen Page as Han Solo, Jessica Alba as Leia,
Dennis Haysbert as Lando, Stephen Merchant as C-3PO, Jason Reitman as R2-D2, JK Simmons as Darth Vader, Kevin Pollak as Yoda, Rainn Wilson as Chewbacca and Mark Hamill as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Dr Strangelove, with Josh Gad as Mandrake, Catherine O'Hara as President Muffley, Patrick Stewart as Strangelove, Seth Rogen as General Turgidson, Shia LaBeouf as Brigadier General Ripper, Colin Hanks as Colonel Guano, Johnny Knoxville as Major Kong, PJ Byrne as de Sadeski, Olivia Wilde as Miss Scott and Fred Willard as the narrator.

I had the idea for Superman, performed by the cast of The Good Place: William Jackson Harper as Superman / Clark Kent, Ted Danson as Lex Luthor and the First Elder, Kristen Bell as Lois Lane, Ursa and Vond-Ah, Jason Mantzoukas as Jor-El and Perry White, Manny Jacinto as Otis and the Second Elder, D'Arcy Carden as Eve Teschmacher and Lara, Jameela Jamil as Jenny Olsen and Martha Kent and Marc Evan Jackson as General Zod and Jonathan Kent.

Any more for any more?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 27, 2019, 10:06:24 AM
The Big Lebowski, with Seth Rogen as the Dude...

Oh no!

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 27, 2019, 10:06:24 AMGhostbusters, with Seth Rogen as Venkman...

Ohhh nooo!

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 27, 2019, 10:06:24 AMDr Strangelove, with Seth Rogen as General Turgidson...

Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo!

Bad Ambassador

I know you love him really.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 27, 2019, 10:33:15 AM
Oh no!

Ohhh nooo!

Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo!

I thought similar when I saw Seth Rogan(for it is he)'s name. Did it have to be him?

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 27, 2019, 10:06:24 AM
I had the idea for Superman, performed by the cast of The Good Place: William Jackson Harper as Superman / Clark Kent, Ted Danson as Lex Luthor and the First Elder, Kristen Bell as Lois Lane, Ursa and Vond-Ah, Jason Mantzoukas as Jor-El and Perry White, Manny Jacinto as Otis and the Second Elder, D'Arcy Carden as Eve Teschmacher and Lara, Jameela Jamil as Jenny Olsen and Martha Kent and Marc Evan Jackson as General Zod and Jonathan Kent.

Any more for any more?

That's some good casting BA, I think he would be great in the role.
Ted Danson as Luthor too now I come to think about it.

SteveDave

I would've loved to have seen this reading of a so far unmade script of "Confederacy Of Dunces" 

A staged reading of the script took place at the 8th Nantucket Film Festival, with Ferrell as Ignatius, Anne Meara as Irene, Paul Rudd as Officer Mancuso, Kristen Johnston as Lana Lee, Mos Def as Burma Jones, Rosie Perez as Darlene, Olympia Dukakis as Santa Battaglia and Miss Trixie, Natasha Lyonne as Myrna, Alan Cumming as Dorian Greene, John Shea as Gonzales, Jesse Eisenberg as George, John Conlon as Claude Robichaux, Jace Alexander as Bartender Ben, Celia Weston as Miss Annie, Miss Inez & Mrs. Levy, and Dan Hedaya as Mr. Levy.

Jim Bob

How about a stage reading of Knocked Up with Jeff Bridges as Ben, or Pineapple Express with Bill Murray as Dale?