Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Friday BBC Election Debate lineup revealed

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 27, 2019, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Labour - Rebecca Long-Bailey
Lib Dems - Jo Swinson
Tories - Rishi Sunak
SNP - Nicola Sturgeon
Plaid - Adam Price
Green - Caroline Lucas
Brexit - Richard Price

7pm on BBC One.

BlodwynPig

"Rebecca, do you think Jeremy Corbyn is a racist?"

"Rebecca, do you think your leader needs to apologise?"

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

Coloured faces to the fore for the Tories, I see.

Josef K

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 27, 2019, 02:07:24 PM
Coloured faces to the fore for the Tories, I see.

'Coloured' makes you sound like a Tory

Norton Canes

BlodwynPig

littlefoot

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 27, 2019, 01:59:21 PM
"Rebecca, do you think your leader needs to apologise?"

That question wouldn't be asked if he had apologised. I don't mean a blanket apology, but a qualified apology for, let's say, historical mistakes that he is now fixing. The fact he didn't do anything like that is a real mistake by the Labour media team.

Cuellar

And if he had 'properly' apologised, "Rebecca, do you think your leader was right to apologise?"

idunnosomename

I can't believe Norton Canes outright refused to apologise for his outrageous racism. He should consider his position.

Funcrusher

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 27, 2019, 06:11:40 PM
No, you're the beigest.

My skin's gone to pot since returning from the sunny uplands is of Ontario

Dr Rock

Quote from: littlefoot on November 27, 2019, 04:00:18 PM
That question wouldn't be asked if he had apologised. I don't mean a blanket apology, but a qualified apology for, let's say, historical mistakes that he is now fixing. The fact he didn't do anything like that is a real mistake by the Labour media team.

He's already apologised.

holyzombiejesus

They'd just ask a different one along the same lines. There is absolutely nothing Corbyn can do to put thus to bed because a) there is nothing to put to bed and b) 'they' don't want it putting to bed.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Cuellar on November 27, 2019, 04:01:11 PM
And if he had 'properly' apologised, "Rebecca, do you think your leader was right to apologise?"
"your leader has openly admitted his party aren't doing enough, how can you justify arguing he should lead the nation" seems more like it

Replies From View

I bet that most people, if pressed, wouldn't be able to tell you what Corbyn is supposedly meant to be apologising for.  I bet that the journalists aren't sure either, even while they're bellowing at him from behind their dead cat microphone windshields.

Paul Calf

He must be so tempted to say "You know what? Fuck you, fuck your newspapers, fuck the BBC and fuck politics. I'm retiring and going home to feed the cat".

I would.

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Yes, we do. Whatever happens on December 12th.

New folder

Just watching Jezza getting emotional over accusations of antisemitism in this video... I found it quite heartbreaking to see him talking to these despicable sociopathic vultures that call themselves journalists, saying that he fought racism all his life and will die doing so. He's done it so many times. He did not need to say it. It's all veritably true. They all know it. But they don't care, they have not a grain of shame or humanity left in them. I utterly, utterly despise these fucking rats.

I wish that he could just go home and live in peace, tending to his marrows. We do not deserve him.

Fambo Number Mive

Cuellar

Debates every bloody day, just get on with it

Dr Rock

I hope everyone agrees the Trump/NHS deal is a fucking certainty and not just a Labour fantasy, as the Tory wil try and suggest. The issue could swing the election if only people accept it's going to fucking happen if Boris gets a majority.

Dr Rock

How Tory Rishi Sunak describes himself

QuoteI grew up watching my parents serve our local community with dedication. My dad was an NHS family GP and my mum ran her own local chemist shop. I wanted to make that same positive difference to people as their Member of Parliament and I was first elected to represent this wonderful constituency in 2015 and re-elected in 2017. I live in Kirby Sigston, just outside Northallerton.

I have been fortunate to enjoy a successful business career. I co-founded a large investment firm, working with companies from Silicon Valley to Bangalore. Then I used that experience to help small and entrepreneurial British companies grow successfully. From working in my mum's tiny chemist shop to my experience building large businesses, I have seen first-hand how politicians should support free enterprise and innovation to ensure our future prosperity.

My parents sacrificed a great deal so I could attend good schools. I was lucky to study at Winchester College, Oxford University and Stanford University. That experience changed my life and as a result I am passionate about ensuring everybody has access to a great education. I have been a school governor, a board member of a large youth club, and have always volunteered my time to education programmes that spread opportunity.

I have been lucky to live, study and work internationally. I met my wife, Akshata, in California where we lived for a number of years before returning home. We have two daughters, Krishna and Anoushka, who keep us busy and entertained.

In July 2019 I was appointed Chief Secretary to the Treasury, having entered Government service as the Minister for Local Government in January 2018

In my spare time I enjoy keeping fit, cricket, football and movies.

He leaves out the part where he made millions as a hedge fund manager and that his wife is a billionaire.

Fambo Number Mive

Tory telling us how we all feel. Does come across a bit like he's in a Party Political Broadcast.

Lucas and Long-Bailey doing well.

Interesting choice by Rishi Sunak to deliver his opening monologue in the style of a childrens' TV presenter.

Replies From View

The Brexit representative has a very eccentric way of pronouncing "imagine" and he keeps suppressing it.

The Tory one seems to be doing a hybrid David Cameron / Ed Miliband impression.  Very odd.

Labour's representative might be the next Doctor.