Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,339
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Friday BBC Election Debate lineup revealed

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 27, 2019, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Long-Bailey rightly highlighting the 20,000 police officers cut by the Tories between 2010 and 2019.

Replies From View

A bit annoying the way Plaid can bash Labour when most people in the UK can't even vote Plaid.  It's just free contextless Labour-bashing for the media cockwank.

Also pronounce it "played" please or use different letters, cheers

Replies From View

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

I am watching this.

Long-Bailey reminding Sunak about the world banking crisis  and Javid working at Detusche Bank. She's doing really well.

Cuellar

Quote from: Replies From View on November 29, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
A bit annoying the way Plaid can bash Labour when most people in the UK can't even vote Plaid.  It's just free contextless Labour-bashing for the media cockwank

Not really.  If people in Wales can vote Labour, and people in Wales might end up being governed by a Labour government, then he has every right to criticise Labour.  You can't insist that people outside England (and their elected representatives) are treated like second-class citizens because you don't like Labour being criticised.

Fambo Number Mive

Man breaking the record for nodding at someone sitting next to him asking a question

Replies From View

The Brexit Party representative - has anyone heard him speak before?  In his opening speech he was suppressing his real voice and it was like a monster bursting through.  He's had it under control since then though.

Cuellar

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on November 29, 2019, 07:34:33 PM
Not really.  If people in Wales can vote Labour, and people in Wales might end up being governed by a Labour government, then he has every right to criticise Labour.  You can't insist that people outside England (and their elected representatives) are treated like second-class citizens because you don't like Labour being criticised.

Yes, there may even be people IN WALES watching this! Quite a thought.

Zetetic

Quote from: Replies From View on November 29, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
A bit annoying the way Plaid can bash Labour when most people in the UK can't even vote Plaid.
Anyone in the UK can vote Plaid if they make the effort. (Well, not children and prisoners.)

QuoteAlso pronounce it "played" please or use different letters, cheers
Would this be funny in Boris wrote it?

Replies From View

Just think a bit more context would help.  He's claimed that Labour's leadership of Wales makes them not much better than the Tories, and not bothering to highlight the limitations on Welsh Labour imposed by the Tory government.

It's somehow clearer when the SNP put their case forward.

This is great. Less applauding after every speech, so less gallery playing. Rebecca long-Bailey doing very well.

Replies From View

Quote from: Zetetic on November 29, 2019, 07:37:29 PM
Would this be funny in Boris wrote it?

Oh blimey.  If you aren't familiar with my facetiousness after all these years I'll stop posting in this thread.

Zetetic

Edit: I know, I know. I don't think you're a Boris.

Quote from: Replies From View on November 29, 2019, 07:39:23 PMand not bothering to highlight the limitations on Welsh Labour imposed by the Tory government.
In fairness, that's a failure of Welsh Labour as well over the last decade. They should be a lot clearer about the limited power of Welsh Government - but of course that undermines the concept of devolution.

And part of the point of Plaid is that they don't believe that the people of Wales should have to depend on the whims of the administration in Westminster.

Fambo Number Mive

The question should instead be "should Trident be renewed?"  To which the answer is obviously no.

Jo is right in there with her finger on the nuclear button once again.  But at least she would "assess the situation" first, eh?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on November 29, 2019, 07:24:39 PM
Rebecca Long-Bailey is brilliant.

Just lost the election. Awful beige answers. Audience pouring scorn. Awful stuff. Still the third best in the room

colacentral

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on November 29, 2019, 07:49:26 PM
The question should instead be "should Trident be renewed?"  To which the answer is obviously no.

Jo is right in there with her finger on the nuclear button once again.  But at least she would "assess the situation" first, eh?

Let me just assess whether or not to guarantee armageddon... yes, I think I will.

bgmnts

A Long Bailey is a type of knot and a special room in a medieval castle where all the animal fat was stored.

Replies From View

Jo Swinson has a five year old child, allowing her to have "future focus".

Replies From View

Brexit Party representative pretending to give a shit about green issues; quite funny.

Fambo Number Mive

Tice says we need to stop drug companies ripping off the NHS. True, but he doesn't say how he would propose how this should be done.

jobotic

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on November 29, 2019, 07:49:26 PM

Weak. Lost my vote. Press first, assess later.

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 29, 2019, 08:03:38 PM
Tice says we need to stop drug companies ripping off the NHS. True, but he doesn't say how he would propose how this should be done.

Destroy the NHS.

Replies From View

Peopule and sensibule

His real voice is creeping back in.

Need to locate old videos of him to discover what this so-called voice of his is, and why he has to keep it concealed.

Quote from: jobotic on November 29, 2019, 08:09:25 PM
Weak. Lost my vote. Press first, assess later.

As they say - better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Fambo Number Mive

"What would you say to Trump in 30 seconds"

Replies From View

Better to have leaped then looked than never to have leaped at all.