Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Cowtrix : Repasteurised

Started by Blumf, November 27, 2019, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Back trace the IP protocol and enhance!

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/11/26/russian-cows-virtual-reality-headsets-a68316
QuoteThe grass is greener in a virtual world.

That's what Moscow region farmers were aiming for when they fitted their dairy cows with virtual-reality headsets to test their milk production.

"Experts noted reduced anxiety and improved overall emotional mood in the herd" during the VR experiment, said the regional agriculture administration.

The second phase of the experiment, it said, will evaluate the VR-wearing cows' milk production.

Unfortunately, no bovine can be told what The Matrix is, because they lack the basics of language. They'd have to see it for themselves, but then they still wouldn't understand because they have no conception of technology.

Norton Canes

Something something 'past your eyes' I dunno

Blumf

Interesting thing; with both this cow-VR story, and the rat's driving little cars story from a few weeks back, the animals ended up being more relaxed. Seems like human tech is just chill for them.

The fact that we're all stressed out in this modern world would seem to be a result of us being cunts to each other, rather than the tech itself.

H-O-W-L

Replies From View

I bet they are playing Virtual Boy Wario World in there.

MATE YOUR EYES ARE GOING TO BE SO STRAINED, A BIT LIKE THE TEA THAT YOUR MILK IS AUGMENTED WITH!!!

Glebe

"Don't worry Daisy, we'll find whoever glued a Spectrum 48K to your face!"

In many ways, this is metaphor for Russia itself. Putting the blinders on for a virtual reality.

I know someone who is, unfortunately, a Putin fangirl. She thinks Vlad is the bee's knees, no matter what I tell her. She might as well put on the VR headset, like that cow in the OP.

Flatulent Fox

A good post.

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 30, 2019, 07:46:48 AM
In many ways, this is metaphor for Russia itself. Putting the blinders on for a virtual reality.

I know someone who is, unfortunately, a Putin fangirl. She thinks Vlad is the bee's knees, no matter what I tell her. She might as well put on the VR headset, like that cow in the OP.

Can I just shock you?
I like Putin.

Also cool cow,surprised none of these so called 'futuristic films' thought to include this sort of thing.
Seriously draw the line at giving electronics to squirrels though.

Glebe

"I'll tell you what mate this surprise better be good!"

Replies From View

Distract them with stuff like this and then plunge those holes out of them.