Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking hell, they're all dying!

Started by Cerys, November 27, 2019, 04:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Cancer has gone too far this time.

My condolences, LJAM. Do make sure you take care of yourself.

Bazooka

Yeah fella, I'm very sorry to hear. Best wishes.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Another periodical entry on this thread to thank people for kind comments of condolence, like. Have been responding to other msgs of condolence from elsewhere, and am still reeling from what's happened, and how it happened so quickly. I really, really wish that the only incomprehensible tragic thing I could be writing about on 'ere would be Boris Johnson being our next Prime Minister for the next five fucking years after December 12th ( coincidentally, the date for the funeral). Ah, well. Maybe that won't happen , and amongst other things, the NHS will be saved, a fitting tribute to my top sister, as she worked for the NHS, being a Learning Disabilities Nurse, and later onwards, Care Co-ordinator.

Bazooka

Well she sounds like a top lass, too much negativity going around in the world, but was clearly a good human. And working helping others, she helped people, that is a good legacy.

Flouncer

Aye, really sorry to hear that Lisa, but it sounds like she did some good while she was here and will be remembered well by those who knew her. Hope you've got the support you need at a time like this - best of luck to you man. x

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Bazooka on November 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM
Well she sounds like a top lass, too much negativity going around in the world, but was clearly a good human. And working helping others, she helped people, that is a good legacy.

I'd like to echo this. It's far more important than celebrity. Sorry for your loss LJMC.

NoOffenceLynn

So sorry for your loss LJMC. The way you wrote about her makes her sound like such a lovely caring soul.
Take care of yourself xxx

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on December 01, 2019, 09:21:09 AM
So sorry for your loss LJMC. The way you wrote about her makes her sound like such a lovely caring soul.
Take care of yourself xxx

To be fair, I haven't written *that* much about my sister, partly because she was quite a private person, and partly because as I said before I didn't want to hog  this thread for sympathy- seeking purposes. Suffice to say, however, she was a very caring, compassionate person,  thoroughly devoted to her job and to her hatred for the Conservative Party. She was also quite consistent in her sticking up for myself , even during my most Black Sheep years within my family. We shared many qualities, including top taste in music ( she only ever attended two gigs by The Fall, along with her Fall fanatic friend, no match for the many what I done attended, but she had a whale of a time at both of 'em) and humour ( it was my sis who introduced me to the joys of 30 Rock ). I'm never going to get over this, but I'm going to get on with things as she has instructed myself and the rest of my family to do in her usual no- nonsense bossyboots way. This is the last time I'm going to mention her on this thread, as I don't wish to harp on, I'm pretty sure my sis wouldn't want me to do that, either. Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to put up any further messages of condolence after this post. Thank You, everyone.

bgmnts

Fucksake its been a shit year all round.

Sorry for your loss lisa. She sounded like a proper good'un.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 01, 2019, 09:56:24 AM
To be fair, I haven't written *that* much about my sister, partly because she was quite a private person, and partly because as I said before I didn't want to hog  this thread for sympathy- seeking purposes. Suffice to say, however, she was a very caring, compassionate person,  thoroughly devoted to her job and to her hatred for the Conservative Party. She was also quite consistent in her sticking up for myself , even during my most Black Sheep years within my family. We shared many qualities, including top taste in music ( she only ever attended two gigs by The Fall, along with her Fall fanatic friend, no match for the many what I done attended, but she had a whale of a time at both of 'em) and humour ( it was my sis who introduced me to the joys of 30 Rock ). I'm never going to get over this, but I'm going to get on with things as she has instructed myself and the rest of my family to do in her usual no- nonsense bossyboots way. This is the last time I'm going to mention her on this thread, as I don't wish to harp on, I'm pretty sure my sis wouldn't want me to do that, either. Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to put up any further messages of condolence after this post. Thank You, everyone.

You haven't hogged the thread at all. And I understand your need for wanting to respect her privacy. But I will say, this was a lovely tribute to her. X