Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marriage Story

Started by peanutbutter, November 27, 2019, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Only halfway through it but already had enough of that bloody child. If there's one lesson this film has, it's if you're going to get married for God's sake don't have any kids.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: icehaven on January 16, 2020, 03:52:36 PM
Only halfway through it but already had enough of that bloody child. If there's one lesson this film has, it's if you're going to get married for God's sake don't have any kids.

It's a fair point, at least cinematically. I spent a lot of the film wondering why Adam Driver didn't just say "sure, keep him" and save them both a whole lot of bother. I'd like to see a story where both parents are trying to avoid as much custody as possible during the divorce - not because the kid's a monster or even especially difficult, just because they can't be arsed with it.

Quote from: Bence Fekete on January 13, 2020, 08:34:45 PM
He's watchable, but always plays the same geeky, lanky, planky fellah in literally everything he does. Great when the role fits like Don Quixote or even against type like in Silence. But I never sense evil in him. I never think he could kill a man.

Of all the so-called baddies in Star Wars, he was the least committed to evil.

Dex Sawash

Adam Driver has very large hands in this, off-putting.

touchingcloth

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 13, 2020, 11:07:03 AM
honestly think he's the opposite of wooden, the song was the very definition of lightness

He's great. Anyone who cares to should look up his SNL appearances - anyone with good comic acting skills is alright by me. And that song was lovely.

Icehaven

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 16, 2020, 05:21:54 PM
I'd like to see a story where both parents are trying to avoid as much custody as possible during the divorce - not because the kid's a monster or even especially difficult, just because they can't be arsed with it.

I would watch that too.

Watched the second half now, overall not really my kind of thing but I can see how, if it is your kind of thing, it's probably a well made example of that kind of thing. Johansson made a good Let's Dance era Bowie, that's about the best thing I can say about it.

Only just caught up with this. Too tidily written and fussily made, did nothing new or special. All the actors were fantastic. Good but not great