Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Advent calendars 2019

Started by shiftwork2, November 27, 2019, 10:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Yummy.

How are you getting on with your advent calendars?

holyzombiejesus

Going to buy one for my little boy over the next couple of days. How much did yours cost?

shiftwork2

touchingcloth

There's one in the local super market styled like this:

I'M
DRE
AMING
OF A WHITE
CHRISTMAS

Would anyone like it? Would suit an Andre Aming well.

PlanktonSideburns

Got a felt one we made with pockets, will stuff it full of the sweet Roses

Zetetic

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 27, 2019, 10:58:39 PM
£2
Happy to split the cost if anyone wants to share one up until the 12th.

Replies From View

Might have to get hold of one of those maltesers ones that contains all 24 species of guff.

shiftwork2

All advent calendars must be consumed before December.  Time is running out!

seepage

not going to bother with the pork scratchings one this year as there's only about two per bag and every flavour apart from 'original' is horrible e.g. BBQ sauce, salt 'n' vinegar.

worst one I've seen is '24 days of pimping your prosecco'. Well, anything to put off having to drink the stuff I suppose. Contains something called 'rimming sugar'. Hmm.

Got the Haribo one again this year. They've eschewed the large Christmas themed jellies of years past in favour of generic Maoams this year, but the calendar was a couple of quid cheaper so I suppose it all balances out.

One thing I've noticed in the supermarkets is that they seem to be releasing more and more extravagant calendars as we get closer to December, almost as if to give you buyers remorse so you scoff your current one and upgrade. I bought my son a Kinder chocolate one, only for Ferrero to release one with 12 x larger bars + 12 x cereal bars a couple of weeks later. Last night I spotted a massive new Kinder one with a mixture of choc bars, cereal bars, chocolate Santas, mini chocolate eggs and 2 x Kinder Surprise eggs. Well, Ferrero, we're not falling for it. You can shove your deluxe calendar where the sun don't shine (up arse).

king_tubby

Got a Star Wars lego one for me, and a chocolate one for the boy. Probably have to share the lego, ffs.

Norton Canes

I refuse to countenance any advent calendar where the doors are not cut to match something on the picture. None of this lazy oh we'll just have the doors in a grid shit, I demand a direct and accurate correlation between door and image.

Gurke and Hare

Why are they all chocolate these days. What was wrong with just having a nice picture of a cat, or a flower, or a train behind the door?

(Okay, boomer.)

H-O-W-L

Every time I get an advent calendar I end up punching it in half like Frank Horrigan in Fallout 2 and eating the contents, then spending the rest of the day on the floor in tummy pain. Whenever I consider buying one for myself now I just buy a fuckoff Dairy Milk instead since it has the same result with a lot less Super Mutant imitation.

imitationleather

I'd like an advent calendar with a different type of pickled onion behind each door please.