Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the most foolish thing you've done with money?

Started by touchingcloth, November 28, 2019, 02:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Spent £200 on an online TEFL course, barely did any of it, paid to extend the expiration date (£50) twice, still never finished it.

Did end up getting a much better one about a year later though, and all it cost me was 3 months of unpaid teaching work in Austria while living in a room with five other lads, sharing bunk beds.

steve98

Money? Tried inhaling it (Believing it was a gas); ended up with shrapnel in my lungs.

Bazooka

Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 28, 2019, 04:38:15 AM
About £350 or so in total on Warhammer over the course of my life. Granted I've enjoyed almost every second of painting it, but still, it's a daft thing to do with money. I know there's reason to say that if it gives me joy, it's a hobby, and it's not out of control then it's all kosher, but it still feels like a waste.

This isn't the art I bang on about on the regular though.

What?!!! I've not bought any Warhammer for nearly two decades, and even 1 Space Marine or a metal Orc or Lizard Man cost £350 quid alone back then.

I'm being sarcastic, but it's a hell of a drug those damn miniatures.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on December 02, 2019, 03:01:48 AM
What?!!! I've not bought any Warhammer for nearly two decades, and even 1 Space Marine or a metal Orc or Lizard Man cost £350 quid alone back then.

I'm being sarcastic, but it's a hell of a drug those damn miniatures.

The smell of the glue, the frustrating basecoat spray paint, the accidental nudge to get a few more miniatures into flamethrower range. Takes me back. I used to collect Dark Eldar AKA the cool ones, not Space Marines like some boring identikit wanker. They all had 4+ armour saves though so were properly shit.

Anyway to contribute to the thread, I spent $1,000 on a 2 person tasting menu in Montréal. Saved up for it, but still felt like an absurd way to spend money.

Was fucking great though.

ProvanFan

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 02, 2019, 03:25:42 AM
The smell of the glue, the frustrating basecoat spray paint, the accidental nudge to get a few more miniatures into flamethrower range. Takes me back. I used to collect Dark Eldar AKA the cool ones, not Space Marines like some boring identikit wanker. They all had 4+ armour saves though so were properly shit.

Anyway to contribute to the thread, I spent $1,000 on a 2 person tasting menu in Montréal. Saved up for it, but still felt like an absurd way to spend money.

Was fucking great though.

The glue, the glue!!!! I never had a full army, just bought what I liked,defeats the purpose of the game, but hey.

I had a breakdown on a Lad's Holiday to Tenerife in my early twenties and came home two days into the trip. It cost me £575 in a plane ride and a taxi home from the airport. I was hardly minted at the time.

poodlefaker

Put my debit card details into my son's Playstation when he was about eight. £600 gone in a couple of months before I realised.