Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:03:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You don't remember me, do you?

Started by Jockice, November 28, 2019, 05:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dallasman

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 30, 2019, 09:50:32 PM
No not really. I couldn't care less. But thanks for wasting your time with the explanation.

Thanks for confirming that you were in fact going out of your way to be a cunt.

I'm sorry, I was just titting about again. Have an apology, if you'll accept it.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on November 30, 2019, 08:26:42 PM
Ooh memories. On the subject of them and exes (of which I really haven't had many) I had a messenger chat today with one who had seen the Hillsborough trial verdict and said it reminded her of the time we went to see Pulp live the night before the disaster.

Fair enough, except that we didn't. We didn't even meet until about a year and a half after it, Pulp didn't have a concert the night before the disaster (I've checked. They only played live once in the entire year), and the one time we did see them - in early 1991 supporting another band - she thought they were bollocks after about a minute and didn't even watch the rest of the set.

I haven't seen her since that year (it lasted about three months and we just sort of mutually stopped contacting each other. No hard feelings, so when she sent me a Facebook friend request a couple of years ago, I gladly accepted), but it strikes me as strange that she has such strong recollections of an event that didn't actually take place. But then I'm sure we all have memories like that.

Some people creatively create a selective memory timeline to make the narrative work, I suppose? We've all been guilty of that, as I said to an ex-girlfriend when we were off our faces at that Spike Island gig the day before 9/11.

imitationleather

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 30, 2019, 10:42:19 PM
as I said to an ex-girlfriend when we were off our faces at that Spike Island gig the day before 9/11.

Ah, I was at that too! Arctic Monkeys smashed it.

dallasman

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 30, 2019, 10:27:06 PM
I'm sorry, I was just titting about again. Have an apology, if you'll accept it.

I'd like to, but I don't want to derail the thread any further with this, so I'm going to have to ask you to go get AIDS.

Quote from: dallasman on November 30, 2019, 10:56:38 PM
I'd like to, but I don't want to derail the thread any further with this, so I'm going to have to ask you to go get AIDS.

I can't 'get' AIDS because I already have AIDS. I caught it from a tuppence bingo boy in a public toilet. And I have no regrets. I'm proud of my AIDS.

Sin Agog

Got into one of those very specially awkward exchanges just now I won't forget soon.  I mistook a lady for this brutally annoying curtain-twitcher I know who once stood behind me at the check-out to Asda and passed judgement on all the victuals being scanned.  'Ah, I guess we don't know how to make our own falafels from scratch, do we?' Instead it was a complete stranger who, instead of apologising to her for my mistake and moving on, I proceeded to hold hostage for at least ten minutes of confused, nothingy conversation, which only ended when I blurted out: 'I like diving!  But I have to go now, bye!'

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 30, 2019, 10:42:19 PM
Some people creatively create a selective memory timeline to make the narrative work, I suppose? We've all been guilty of that, as I said to an ex-girlfriend when we were off our faces at that Spike Island gig the day before 9/11.

Weren't you the bloke who got up on stage and smacked Noel Gallagher?