Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BEST NUT

Started by alan nagsworth, November 28, 2019, 07:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 29, 2019, 12:43:29 PM
Brazil nuts are malignant. They sit in bags of mixed nuts like some kind of cuckoo toad, pushing the others nuts out. Hazels and almonds and cashews should learn how to lay their eggs in them so the little nuts hatch and eat the evil fuckers from the inside. Wasp larvae tier horror but deserved.

Blasphemy.  Finding a Brazil nut in amongst the rest is like discovering a curly fry in the midst of a bag of straight chips.  Only better.

idunnosomename

Imagine if Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote a musical called NUTS where a bunch of nuts sing songs about themselves

thenoise

only really eat nuts roasted nowadays, ~6mins in a hot oven on a baking tray, transfer them to a bowl and guzzle them hot, accompanied by some shite film.  They only need salt if they are turning a bit stale, especially walnuts which turn rather bitter quite quickly.

The exception is Brazil nuts, the only nut which is best enjoyed naked, raw and unadorned.  Even covering them in chocolate does nothing to improve them.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 29, 2019, 04:39:11 PM
Imagine if Angrew Lloyg Wegger wrote a musical called NUTS where a bunch of nuts sing songs about themselves

fixed for CaB possibility

idunnosomename

Miiiidnight

Not a sound from the wallllnutttt

Jockice

Dry roasties. I love a bag of dry roasties, me. I'm just going to open a bag for breakfast.

imitationleather

I'm salty about nuts.

famethrowa

Dex Sawash

Zero Gravitas

Walnut, why isn't it wallnut? And how would you even spell a null called a walnut since walnut already incorrectly uses that sequence of letters.

Cerys

It means 'foreign nut' apparently.

FredNurke

Yup, and the 'wal' is cognate with the surname 'Waugh' (Romance / Welsh-speaking foreigner), related to 'Walloon' and (more distantly) 'Vlach', and for good measure is the singular of 'Wales'.

bgmnts

I read the word Wales came from the Saxon word waelas meaning foreigner or something.

Jittlebags

Eating peanuts post Brexit could be a bit risky. Currently, the USA has to comply with EU pre export checks to certify and document that peanut and peanut products comply with maximum levels of aflatoxins (toxic and carcinogenic). What's Boris intending to do about this to ensure the nut chomper's continued safety ?

NoSleep

Quote from: FredNurke on December 02, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Yup, and the 'wal' is cognate with the surname 'Waugh' (Romance / Welsh-speaking foreigner), related to 'Walloon' and (more distantly) 'Vlach', and for good measure is the singular of 'Wales'.

So maps of the British Isles just have the word "foreigners" where Wales is.

NoSleep

Quote from: Jittlebags on December 02, 2019, 04:35:44 PM
Eating peanuts post Brexit could be a bit risky. Currently, the USA has to comply with EU pre export checks to certify and document that peanut and peanut products comply with maximum levels of aflatoxins (toxic and carcinogenic). What's Boris intending to do about this to ensure the nut chomper's continued safety ?

Most walnuts are from the US. I notice most peanuts are from China.

Jittlebags

You're right. Looks like US nuts come straight in with their Peanut Passport, whereas

QuoteImports of certain foodstuffs from certain non-EU countries such as the import of peanuts from Brazil, China, Egypt, Ghana and India, hazelnuts and pistachios from Turkey, pistachios from Iran, and Brazil nuts from Brazil are subject to special conditions due to contamination risk by aflatoxins.

This means that consignments can only enter the EU through specific ports or airports which are designated points of import (DPIs).

Presumably there are nut inspectors at these DPIs ?

Cerys

Quote from: NoSleep on December 02, 2019, 04:36:41 PM
So maps of the British Isles just have the word "foreigners" where Wales is.

Pretty much.  It's the equivalent of 'here be dragons', ironically enough.

Cerys

Dex Sawash

[tag] cliciwch edau [/tag]