Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So is biggy dead, then? MIA arse end of the 19

Started by Twit 2, November 29, 2019, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 30, 2019, 12:53:36 PM
Just because he disagreed with some of the consensus here doesn't mean that he wasn't susceptible to groupthink. Much of his stuff was half-digested bits and bobs from other parts of the net. There's a few people here who think they're iconoclasts because they don't agree with some aspect of the broad consensus on here but they almost always have bought into some wider culture war shit that exists elsewhere. Very few original thinkers here or anywhere really. Most people are just regurgitating the last article/youtube video/podcast they consumed. There's some specific people here, and Biggy was one of them, where if you were familiar with the general drift of the discourse in certain segments of social media or the wider internet, then you knew what angle they'd have on any given development.

Fair. I think this is one the reasons I don't talk politics with people anymore. It's always secondhand embarrassment as you realise the other person is just repeating what they've heard on LBC or read in the papers.

"That whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must remain silent."

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on December 01, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
I think this is one the reasons I don't talk politics with people anymore.

The other more significant reason is that people always call you out on your bullshit.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Ferris

Shay Chaise was a good poster as well. After their flounce I don't think I've picked up my Switch once

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 01, 2019, 04:12:34 PM
Shay Chaise was a good poster as well. After their flounce I don't think I've picked up my Switch once

Absolutely appalling taste in much though.

Fucking Animal Collective and French House. Ugh.

Kryton

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Until a thread like this comes along, I almost never notice when most of these folk disappear.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Danger Man on December 01, 2019, 01:30:28 PM
That's a shame. In recent months he passionately defended some of the most misunderstood and marginalised people in our society. Landlords.

Ooooh, you little scamp!

I too thought that Twed was the ex-KLG guy, but I could be wrong.

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 01, 2019, 10:25:14 AMAny news on the stupid right winger with the red hand avatar?

Got banned for repeated trans abuse, final straw was for referring to a trans person as "it".  Might be back as someone else but not sure if anyone knows for sure.

Quote from: Mister Six on December 01, 2019, 02:42:32 PM...since Biggy left. He could be mildly amusing from time to time, but the sheer volume of posts saying the same fucking thing over and over really drained the life out of the Doctor Who [...] threads.

Best argument ever for keeping the Doctor female, as that's the only thing keeping him out of them.  He said he'd be back watching it again once the Doctor was a bloke once more.

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 01, 2019, 11:30:51 AMAny news on SetToStun?

That's a name I miss, along with joeyzaza / alcoholic messiah.

imitationleather

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on December 01, 2019, 08:30:00 PM
Best argument ever for keeping the Doctor female, as that's the only thing keeping him out of them.

Blimey, really?

buzby

Avril Lavigne went out with a blaze of glory with the last scheduled episode of her RadZone on (spam) in August and hasn't been seen since, All of us on (spam) really miss her.

Captain Z

I miss the original popcorn. Since he sold his account the person who took over is nowhere near as funny.

pancreas

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on December 01, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
Fair. I think this is one the reasons I don't talk politics with people anymore. It's always secondhand embarrassment as you realise the other person is just repeating what they've heard on LBC or read in the papers.

"That whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must remain silent."

You have absolutely no idea what that quote is about, you ludicrous fucking cretin. The fact it is such a foolish statement in the first place makes it even more ridiculous.

Ferris

Hey but I recognized it as mangled Wittgenstein (I think).

The old philosophy undergrad degree really paying off here.

chveik

sad to hear about Avril leaving, she was a great poster

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: pancreas on December 01, 2019, 09:46:03 PM
You have absolutely no idea what that quote is about, you ludicrous fucking cretin. The fact it is such a foolish statement in the first place makes it even more ridiculous.

Ohh I've been called a cretin by an internet-coward who knows absolutely nothing about me. How on earth will I survive.

buttgammon

First this thread, then rumours of the death of the Queen. She's clearly Biggy.

pancreas

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Danger Man on December 01, 2019, 10:43:40 PM
Jungian therapy?

How do some of you manage to remember posts I made months ago? I wouldn't be able to remember what you posted 5 minutes ago. You are not in my thoughts.

Danger Man

It's a gift. A shit gift. There's no effort involved. Trust me on this.

Danger Man

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on December 01, 2019, 11:30:26 PMYou are not in my thoughts.

You aren't in my thoughts either but you, like everything and everybody, seem to be in my memory. We're talking aphantasia. It frees up so much memory that should be devoted to pictures.

Danger Man

Johnny Yesno is the god of this. You make a typo in 2006 and he'll be all over you next week.

Dex Sawash

Still waiting for Polish Civics of 1812's 2016 post. Hope Nat is ok.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Danger Man on December 02, 2019, 12:10:18 AM
Johnny Yesno is the god of this. You make a typo in 2006 and he'll be all over you next week.

Piss poor use of the word 'god' there.  It should be 'the devil when it comes to things like this' because it's a horrible trait to possess.  People should largely be judged in the moment, not for some minor infraction they made over a decade ago.

Yup i'm alive :) I sort of wish i remembered more about the chat, but back then i liked a drink heh

So umm, hi old buddies :)