Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So is biggy dead, then? MIA arse end of the 19

Started by Twit 2, November 29, 2019, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Kryton on December 03, 2019, 10:36:48 PM
Never once saw Biggy get nasty with anyone though, even of his opinions were a bit rum.

Really?

Yeah that's not strictly true, he could do cunty little jabs as well as anybody. Who can cast the first stone on that one though?

pigamus

Yeah, probably best we knock this on the head now. We've been through it all a million times and he's not really here to defend himself any more.

pancreas

Quote from: Danger Man on December 03, 2019, 10:49:55 PM
He was once quite sharp with me. But I deserved it and his putdown was so good I gave it a round of applause.

I put you down all the time and you never applaud me. It's a good thing I know how much you really love me or I'm sure I'd get wickedly jealous.

jobotic

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 03, 2019, 10:51:39 PM
He may be a neo-nazi apologist and climate change sceptic but at least he's polite!

Board legend though mate.

fit bird

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 03, 2019, 06:21:24 PM
whither fit bird?

didn't post a great deal, but was funny when he did.
Very kind of you to say, I'm still here but I prefer to read than to post now.

Another one for the pile that hopes Twed doesn't stay gone for long. :(

PlanktonSideburns

Dex Sawash

Cerys

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 03, 2019, 08:33:34 PM
Yeah, it would. Cerys, can you ask him to pull his head out of his arse and stick it in here for a bit? But in a more diplomatic way, obvs.

I can ask him, but I doubt it'll work.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on December 03, 2019, 11:41:18 PM
I can ask him, but I doubt it'll work.

In that case, how about trying it in a less diplomatic way?

Cerys

Well, I do have access to a very shiny axe....

Captain Z

New Jack Mcbastard
Madhead40
Lisamaryandjesus

Days are gone

pigamus

Ferris

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Biggy was often very funny when he wasn't talking pustulous bollocks about politics, but his monomaniacal contariness and bullshit arguing technique (just ignore all actual evidence and shift the goalposts whenever proved categorically wrong) tipped me over the edge eventually.

I told him to fuck off and blocked him on Twitter. And because I'm that important, he then left the forum.

The Ballad of Ballard Berkeley Who Shot The Coward Biggytitbo.

Johnny Yesno

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ferris

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DolphinFace on December 03, 2019, 07:22:22 PM
Don't really bother with the politics threads so put me down as a biggytitbo fan 🤪. Has made me properly laugh many times.

Same here.  I thought he was alright, although I try and stay out of political threads.

poo

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 04, 2019, 03:13:47 PM
Same here.  I thought he was alright, although I try and stay out of political threads.

yeah didn't read the political stuff. He was funny in the other threads I did read.

Jumblegraws

Biggy crossed a line for me when he started telling people who were expressing concern for their EU national relatives in one of the Brexit threads that they were fear-mongering and ought to be ashamed (his word) of themselves. I did like when he said nice things about Devon Rex cats a little while ago, though.

imitationleather

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 04, 2019, 05:52:32 PM
Biggy crossed a line for me when he started telling people who were expressing concern for their EU national relatives in one of the Brexit threads that they were fear-mongering and ought to be ashamed (his word) of themselves. I did like when he said nice things about Devon Rex cats a little while ago, though.

Indeed. His nihilism caused by seemingly having absolutely no one in the world he cares about was boiling my piss to Princess Anne-disabling levels. It was just enraging to see his sneering attitude towards people who unlike him haven't totally checked out of society and care about more than what is going to cause the price of gold to go up.

If he was here now clogging up the General Election threads with his poison actually talking about the Labour party and their policies would inevitably be impossible.

Blue Jam

Where has MidnightShambler got to? There's snooker on, we need you back here, you absolute ledge.

Blue Jam

Would love to see Biggy back in the snooker thread too of course. Perhaps Ding being back on form will coax him back.

Dex Sawash

Birdie

Well, not noted as MIA but hi anyway.  Got an email alert about a thread from 2013.

Still single but on holiday in Rarotonga so life isn't all that bad.

What about that Boris Johnson, eh? Bit of a character ain't he?

Toodles!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 07, 2019, 02:26:42 AM
Does anyone know how Sam is?

He's alive and well and posting with a new name, and has done so in this very thread!

Quote from: Birdie on December 07, 2019, 06:47:47 AM
Well, not noted as MIA but hi anyway.  Got an email alert about a thread from 2013.

Still single but on holiday in Rarotonga so life isn't all that bad.

What about that Boris Johnson, eh? Bit of a character ain't he?

Toodles!

You're always much missed Birdie, you should know that.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 04, 2019, 01:36:45 AM
Biggy was often very funny when he wasn't talking pustulous bollocks about politics, but his monomaniacal contariness and bullshit arguing technique (just ignore all actual evidence and shift the goalposts whenever proved categorically wrong) tipped me over the edge eventually.

I told him to fuck off and blocked him on Twitter. And because I'm that important, he then left the forum.

The Ballad of Ballard Berkeley Who Shot The Coward Biggytitbo.

I don't remember any of this, I'm really sad you told me to fuck off, even though I didn't see it. And I had no idea you'd blocked me. You're still one of my favourites, I don't care if you hate me because I know this brexit stuff has sent everyone a bit mad.

On that subject - i'd like to remind everyone I supported Corbyn before most people on this forum did. But unfortunately I've done a reverse Peter Oborne due to the utter contempt the man has shown for my democratic decision in 2016. Corbyn is not neutral, he's trying to con me out of my vote, whilst pretending to stay 'neutral', so he doesnt get the blame for it, effectively hiding in the toilets whilst someone else does his dirty work. Worst still, he's got this list of on paper very good policies, all of which he knows full well will never happen whilst a) he's a minority government propped up by the SNP and b) we're in the EU, as we 100% will be under his government. He's degenerated from one of the few men of principle in british politics to the absolutely biggest liar and con artist in the entire country, and that's a world where Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister, so it's really saying something.

You might say he's done this deal with the devil in order to get in and try and do at least some of the good things he wants. But even if that was true, which it absolutely isn't, in doing so he's betrayed the fundamental values he stands for, everything good about the Labour party of Benn and Foot. He's cynically trying to subvert and manipulate the democratic process, and Labour cease to have any real meaning once they relinquish those values.

Still, at least Ding got to the final.