Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Here comes the obvious

Started by BlodwynPig, November 29, 2019, 02:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggyoioi

i thought we were over 'can't believe people blame islam before the attackers identity has been revealed' but again you see this same shit over facebook again and again.

nothing more than a virtue signal (i know an overused term, cry more libs (again, i know).

fucking shit that this is happening toward an election, it should be easy for anyone to decry fundamental islam but i'm sure Corbyn will obfuscate like usual.

just because they're brown doesnt mean they deserve any more sympathy or 'understanding' than nazi scum.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Kryton on November 30, 2019, 11:54:01 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-50615948/london-bridge-attacker-in-2008-i-ain-t-no-terrorist

Well this is the guy who did it (pre-eyebrow era).

Not much eyebrow going on there. The thing is, the police mugshot shown above was from 2012, so we don't know the extent of his eyebrows when he committed the attack. They may have engulfed his entire face.

Mister Six

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 30, 2019, 04:07:00 AM
Lordy, look at the eyebrows on the twunty little fuck:

What's he look like before they stuck iron filings all over his picture?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There's definitely a direct correlation between excessive, unnecessary eyebrow growth and running around London with knives sellotaped to your hands. Somebody should inform MI5.

Icehaven

While it's obviously impossible to know, there's a good chance Khan would have done something like this even if he'd spent another 8 years in jail. Or he could have been de-radicalised. Or he could have gained the contacts and knowledge to carry out something on a far greater scale. Sentences are generally handed down on the basis of only half of them being served in prison (apart from some violent and sexual offences, and sentences over a certain length. There's also minimum recommendations, so you might get life with a minimum of 25 years etc.) with potentially the last 2 years in open conditions, depending what the offence was, and the rest on licence*, so obviously that affects the sentence length in the first place. I don't really know much about how sentence guidelines were originally decided (although my god do I get to hear about how unfair a lot of them are...) but I'd imagine if serious calls were made to change things so certain offences currently eligible for release halfway through weren't anymore, then the sentencing council and whoever else it is that decides these things would have to look at whether they'd continue handing sentences of 16 years out when that was now actual time served. "Society demanding these releases stop immediately" isn't likely to convince whoever's job it is to do so that they can or should just do that overnight, whatever the apparent rights or wrongs.

*And for those out on licence recall to prison is extremely common too, seeing as you don't have to commit another actual offence, just break the terms of your licence, which can be surprisingly easy to do. Recall also doesn't necessarily result in you serving the rest of your sentence in prison either, there's a standard 28 day recall after which you're released if, I think, you've successfully argued that you either shouldn't have been recalled at all or it's decided the licence terms you broke weren't sufficient to warrant staying in prison.

phantom_power

Quote from: Piggyoioi on December 01, 2019, 01:05:54 AM
i thought we were over 'can't believe people blame islam before the attackers identity has been revealed' but again you see this same shit over facebook again and again.

nothing more than a virtue signal (i know an overused term, cry more libs (again, i know).

fucking shit that this is happening toward an election, it should be easy for anyone to decry fundamental islam but i'm sure Corbyn will obfuscate like usual.

just because they're brown doesnt mean they deserve any more sympathy or 'understanding' than nazi scum.

Who is showing sympathy? Trying to understand systemic flaws doesn't let the perpetrator off the hook. Reasons aren't excuses

idunnosomename

Well he's certainly not going to do it again now!!!