Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does the LGBTQ mean to you?

Started by The Boston Crab, November 29, 2019, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lets
Get
Banging
Tonite
Quick

Some graffiti I saw today in some bogs in London.

Wish I'd took a photo. Going back next month so I'll do it then.

bgmnts

Gays and drag queens and rainbows and all that shit.

thenoise

Pride, twitter and - increasingly - desperate attempts by corporations to get in on the fun with rainbow branded versions of their usual tat.

touchingcloth

It means the pithiest way to conflate sexual orientation with gender identity.

I get that it has its roots in disparate communities which have been othered by a heteronormative and patriarchal society, but it doesn't half make me come over all STOP GETTING BOND WRONG.

touchingcloth

Quote from: thenoise on November 29, 2019, 05:37:47 PM
Pride, twitter and - increasingly - desperate attempts by corporations to get in on the fun with rainbow branded versions of their usual tat.

Even The Apprentice lads got in on the hot queer marketing opportunity this year.

imitationleather

Boys getting with boys
Girls getting with girls
Boys getting with boys or girls?
You just can't tell!

I couldn't work out whether the graffito was pro-LGBTQ (sounds enthusiastic to me) or more likely bad because it's making out it's about shagging more than anything else which is probably hateful and reductive. On the other hand, as an acronym it is neither one thing nor the other (that's not some snide joke) because it seems to be about who you fancy for the first few and then suddenly changes to gender identity and then the last one is a Q saying whatever you want it to mean. I guess in a way it's kind of an apt acronym for the confusion and melange of social, sexual and gender issues which it attempts to encompass in an unfocused but inclusive way. Overall, to me it means we're still learning.

touchingcloth

It's only the B that shag more - bibsexuals, what are they, selfish or indecisive?!?!!!??????!

Lordofthefiles

What I don't get is...

Lessies are Gay, Bi's are Gay, and Queers are Gay so what's with all the letters?

Gulftastic

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on November 29, 2019, 05:55:46 PM
What I don't get is...

Lessies are Gay, Bi's are Gay, and Queers are Gay so what's with all the letters?

Because GT is Goldentony

canadagoose

Butchers Blind

Always get them muddled up.  Not the gays and everything just which order the letters are supposed to go in.

Rizla

Blumf

'People' going into the wrong toilets!!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 29, 2019, 06:02:35 PM
Always get them muddled up.  Not the gays and everything just which order the letters are supposed to go in.

Just remember that they're in alphabetical order and you'll be fine.

oy vey

No vowels in gayland I suppose? Very surprising.

Butchers Blind

Was there a meeting with all groups to decide which order they go in like when when you have two big stars in a film and the agents have to haggle over who gets top billing.

oy vey

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 29, 2019, 06:10:45 PM
Was there a meeting with all groups to decide which order they go in like when when you have two big stars in a film and the agents have to haggle over who gets top billing.

I think it spells the sound you make when you have a cock forceably shoved down your throat. I read that on 4chan so might be worth crosschecking.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 29, 2019, 05:50:19 PM
I couldn't work out whether the graffito was pro-LGBTQ (sounds enthusiastic to me) or more likely bad because it's making out it's about shagging more than anything else which is probably hateful and reductive.

I was in a public toilet and on the cubicle wall, amidst the cartoon cocks and all the usual nonsense, I saw a strange sentence. It said, 'Asian guys are cute but their cocks are tiny!!'

I was unsure what to think. Should we condemn this statement, for its obvious racism? Or should we support it for being proudly gay and inclusive of ethnic minorities?

Gulftastic

L! You're L-dorious
G! You're so Geautiful
B! You're a Beauty full of Barms
T!  You're a Tarling
Q! You're so Quarling
I! You a I-eather in my arms.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Genesis P Orridge having a wank in a lady's bathroom.

Brundle-Fly

Michelle Visage on Celebrity Big Brother 2015 banging on about her only coming into the house to stand up for LGBT rights and Perez Hilton withering to her, "Well, I don't need you to represent me, thank you, honey.".

I'd never heard of that acronym until then. The Q hadn't been added at this point. How long has this acronym been about?

The only necessary part of LGBTQ is the Q. Because everyone is a little bit queer.

'Oh no, not me mate, I've never had a queer thought in my life! Straight as an arrow, I am. Not one single homosexual fantasy. Absolutely not. For me it's women and football all the way. I go to the gym three times a week and prove my manhood to my fellow sweaty alpha males in lycra shorts.'

Yeah, okay. Keep protesting your innocence. Keep digging yourself into that hole. But know that no one believes you.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 29, 2019, 05:50:19 PM
I couldn't work out whether the graffito was pro-LGBTQ (sounds enthusiastic to me) or more likely bad because it's making out it's about shagging more than anything else which is probably hateful and reductive. On the other hand, as an acronym it is neither one thing nor the other (that's not some snide joke) because it seems to be about who you fancy for the first few and then suddenly changes to gender identity and then the last one is a Q saying whatever you want it to mean. I guess in a way it's kind of an apt acronym for the confusion and melange of social, sexual and gender issues which it attempts to encompass in an unfocused but inclusive way. Overall, to me it means we're still learning.

Acronym is classic scope creep.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 29, 2019, 08:14:25 PM
The only necessary part of LGBTQ is the Q. Because everyone is a little bit queer.

'Oh no, not me mate, I've never had a queer thought in my life! Straight as an arrow, I am. Not one single homosexual fantasy. Absolutely not. For me it's women and football all the way. I go to the gym three times a week and prove my manhood to my fellow sweaty alpha males in lycra shorts.'

Yeah, okay. Keep protesting your innocence. Keep digging yourself into that hole. But know that no one believes you.

I thought the 'Q' was for questioning, meaning that there is nothing wrong with not being sure and exploring all sides of your sexuality.