Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection Thread Two: Let's Get Johnson Out (Of Number 10)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 29, 2019, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one did you pick

Labour
121 (75.6%)
Dirty cheating, lying fascist Tory Shitcunts
11 (6.9%)
Green
3 (1.9%)
SNP
13 (8.1%)
Plaid
3 (1.9%)
Tinge / Lib Dem
2 (1.3%)
Brexit / Other
5 (3.1%)
Couldn't be arsed voting because I am a maverick!  Smash the state!!!!!  Me not showing up at a polling station always tells 'em who's boss!!!!!
1 (0.6%)
VOTE MOAT
1 (0.6%)
BEARS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

colacentral

Important to note that although the MRP shows Labour 9% behind the Tories, as expected it doesn't translate to a huge lead in seats due to those votes piling up in Tory safe seats. So a slight further squeeze from Labour, by a few %, gets a hung parliament. And this polling presumably all took place before the nightmare the Tories had yesterday. Factor in a potential higher youth turnout than 2017, potentially a lower OAP turnout, and BJ could actually do worse than May. He'd have to resign then, wouldn't he?

Imagine the scenes if that happens. Fucking hell, dare to dream.

To be honest, I more want that charlatan cunt Cummings to face humiliation than Johnson. The full weight of the media behind them, even the fucking New Statesman, and they still lost his game of 4D chess. Please let that happen.

kittens

what did i tell you folks, it's happening. only a few seats in it. tomorrow and thursday are all important so get out there. straight after work i'm cycling to my nearest marginal and you should be too. we're gonna win this thing!

colacentral

I'm down to volunteer all of Thursday, from 6am. I'm dreading it as I'm a lazy bastard, but it has to be done.

greencalx

I've taken a look at a few individual seat predictions on the MRP, and I think there's a fair few seats where the energy on the ground might tip "Lean Conservative" to "Lean Labour" and we will be done.

Think there's a good chance that Swinson will lose her seat. Johnson is in the realms of possibility but I wouldn't want to put any money on it. But even if it all gaes tits up I'd still be delighted to see either of these (ideally both) deposed.

jobotic

Glad to see they have Canterbury as staying Labour despite the Lib Dem best efforts to send it hard brexit Tory. Wish everywhere round here wasn't safe Tory.

Mr_Simnock

I think it's going to be a very odd night on Thursday, a very mixed bag of results all round, shock losses and gains for all parties, and at the end not much movement in temrs of overall controll of the houses of parliament. This has been the election of misinformation for me, the way the lib-shits and tories have behaved.

imitationleather

Is it going to be the new normal for election campaigns being run in the way the Tories have approached this one, with full and unquestioning support from the media?

Fucking urrrrrgh if so.

Surely at the very least there needs to be laws introduced about campaigning on social media.

Dr Rock

Quote from: imitationleather on December 11, 2019, 01:13:00 AM
Is it going to be the new normal for election campaigns being run in the way the Tories have approached this one, with full and unquestioning support from the media?

Whatever happens on Thursday, we need to go after these media bastards with everything we have.

Mr_Simnock

Fucking urrrrrgh if so.

Surely at the very least there needs to be laws introduced about campaigning on social media.

Take solace from the fact that print based papers are just loss makers losing customers by the day, last I checked recently almost all papers were down around 10% on last years sales.

chveik

Quote from: New folder on December 11, 2019, 12:57:04 AM
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1204460519278563328

had a little cry watching this just now, pulls at all your emotional strings that does

boggles the mind that some people genuinely believe he's a stalinist

peanutbutter

I think before this election there was a sense that purdah actually meant something and the absolute horridness of this campaign has caught a lot off guard. Perhaps none more so than the Guardian, who have spent years concern trolling under the notion that purdah would level things out for them.

Quote from: chveik on December 11, 2019, 01:34:36 AM
boggles the mind that some people genuinely believe he's a stalinist
Well, it depends on whether they know anything about Stalin

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 11, 2019, 01:34:24 AM
Take solace from the fact that print based papers are just loss makers losing customers by the day, last I checked recently almost all papers were down around 10% on last years sales.

They're being kept alive by gov funding for their propaganda value, like the bbc.

Alberon

I'm very pessimistic.

I'm expecting a Tory majority in the 20s to the 40s. Johnson has done enough in his Trump-style campaign to survive a full term in office.

NoSleep

Quote from: hamfist on December 10, 2019, 10:02:01 PM
UK #GE2019 MRP seat projection:

CON: 339 (-20)
LAB: 231 (+20)
SNP: 41 (-2)
LDEM: 15 (+2)
PC: 4 (-)
GRN: 1 (-)
BREX: 0 (-)

via
@YouGov

Chgs. w/ 26 Nov

Quote"Our latest and final poll shows that a small Conservative majority is likely, with the Tories taking 22 more seats than in 2017 and Labour losing 31. This would be the best and worst results respectively for each party since the 80s.

But the margins are extremely tight and small swings in a small number of seats, perhaps from tactical voting and a continuation of Labour's recent upward trend, means we can't currently rule out a hung parliament.

As things currently stand there are 85 seats with a margin of error of 5% or less."

Everything still to play for.

BlodwynPig

Fucking urrrrrgh if so.

Expect Leveson Max if Corbyn gets in. Change should be wholesale

BritishHobo

colacentral

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 11, 2019, 07:16:51 AM
I feel fucking sick

I called in sick to work yesterday because I knew that MRP was coming and I couldn't get myself out of bed or do anything other than think about it. Thank God it gave some hope as I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown here.

-----

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/politics/if-election-was-match-id-have-probably-been-sent-ex-sunderland-boss-peter-reids-explosive-election-rant-1336760

QuoteFormer Sunderland boss Peter Reid has warned voters against supporting the Brexit Party or Conservatives in the General Election.

Peter Reid said: "If this election was a match, I'd have probably been sent off.

"There is no way I could stay on the touchline and watch the good people of Sunderland or Sedgefield or the wider North East be lied to and tricked by the likes of Boris Johnson and Nigel

Backing local candidates who are calling for a second referendum; Phil Wilson in Sedgefield, as well as Bridget Philipson and Julie Elliot in Sunderland; the former England international continued: "There's a statue next to the Stadium of Light.

"A working-class man in a flat clap, a woman wearing a scarf and two children reaching for a ball.

"No top hat and tails. No sign of privilege. No Eton scarf or Bullingdon Club cravat.

"But a placard saying today's fans represent those past and those who will follow.

"It's the same this election.

"How people vote on Thursday impacts on the lives of kids following.

"You vote Tory or Brexit Party then you take opportunity away from kids of the North East, you vote to make the poorest poorer, you vote to put our NHS in the sweaty hands of Donald Trump.

"It's not just an own goal, it's self-relegation."

monkfromhavana

"It's not the despair, I can take the despair. It's the hope that kills me"

Buelligan

There is still time for action.  Take action. 

Quote from: Leo2112 on December 11, 2019, 01:33:02 AM
Fill dem coaches https://www.tickettailor.com/events/momentum2

Volunteer on polling day https://volunteer.labour.org.uk/polling-day

Do it or regret it.  Do it for everyone.  Fucking do it.

Quote from: New folder on December 11, 2019, 12:57:04 AM
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1204460519278563328

had a little cry watching this just now, pulls at all your emotional strings that does

Send it to everyone you know.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteTake solace from the fact that print based papers are just loss makers losing customers by the day, last I checked recently almost all papers were down around 10% on last years sales.

Except this is not reflected in their amplification on media people still heavily consume. They are invited on panels, they have their own review section every day. They are made to seem important and act as though they are.

And even more crucially they have the eyes and ears of the demographic who consume them the most readily, the over 65s.

greencalx

Quote from: Leo2112 on December 11, 2019, 04:28:14 AM
More from this guy on latest polls https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1204542230385635328

Thanks. According to this (cba to check) they are apparently using 2015 turnout stats... I can't imagine those being any way appropriate in this election.

NoSleep

Yup; they have (I would say) wilfully not factored in the younger voters by using 2015 as their model. EVERYTHING STILL TO PLAY FOR!

QuoteMORE INFO:

Crikey.

The MRP is assuming 2015 levels of turnout among the young. It does not use self-report.

This could blow up in YouGov's faces if the recorded increase in political engagement among Labour favouring demographics translate into votes. It is a 'brave' decision.

https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1204569918060027904

Buelligan

Quote from: NoSleep on December 11, 2019, 08:05:36 AM
Yup; they have (I would say) wilfully not factored in the younger voters by using 2015 as their model. EVERYTHING STILL TO PLAY FOR!

It really is.  If each Labour voter finds someone today, one other person, and convinces them to vote Labour, we double the vote. 

SteveDave

I've muted all of my family on Facebook but out of interest I went to all of their pages last night and mostly there are just posts about lost dogs and Monday memes but my uncle had a lot of anti-Corbyn stuff stretching back months. Curiously there was no pro-Bohnson posts so Christ knows how (or if) he's going to vote.

I'm glad to have not spoken to him for around 10 years and I sincerely hope he dies of diarrhea in a hospital corridor.