Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection Thread Two: Let's Get Johnson Out (Of Number 10)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 29, 2019, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one did you pick

Labour
121 (75.6%)
Dirty cheating, lying fascist Tory Shitcunts
11 (6.9%)
Green
3 (1.9%)
SNP
13 (8.1%)
Plaid
3 (1.9%)
Tinge / Lib Dem
2 (1.3%)
Brexit / Other
5 (3.1%)
Couldn't be arsed voting because I am a maverick!  Smash the state!!!!!  Me not showing up at a polling station always tells 'em who's boss!!!!!
1 (0.6%)
VOTE MOAT
1 (0.6%)
BEARS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

New folder

Quote from: phantom_power on December 03, 2019, 07:49:04 AM
It seems to be more about getting the Tories out than Brexit but I don't know how he chooses which battles to pick

He's now calling out the Lib Dems for lying heheh

https://twitter.com/HackedOffHugh/status/1201816905151078400

greencalx

Some good news:

London, Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 47% (+8)
CON: 30% (+1)
LDEM: 15% (-4)
GRN: 4% (-1)
BREX: 3% (-3)

via @YouGov, 28 Nov - 02 Dec. Chgs. w/ Nov

LD still riding a bit too high.

(2017 results: LAB 55% CON 33% LD 8%)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

London is Remainer core territory so 15% for the LDs is a disaster for them. I doubt that's going to go any direction except down from here as the prospect of a Brexit outcome they can't control nears.

At least the Tories have slipped away further. Maybe Labour will have a chance in constituencies like Chingford.

Dr Rock

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-raab-brexit-nhs-privatisation-trump-us-drugs-price-increase-a9230661.html?

QuoteDominic Raab has admitted the US will be able to ramp up the cost of drugs bought by the NHS after Brexit, but insisted the prospect is "hugely unlikely".

Asked if Washington would be free to "jack up prices", the Foreign Secretary replied: "The Americans will take their decisions."

He then claimed: "I think it's hugely unlikely, why would they do that?" – prompting Sky News interviewer Adam Boulton to say: "To get more money that's why."

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 03, 2019, 10:59:34 AM
Further down...

Quote...a way that closely resembles the known Russian information operation 'Secondary Infektion,'" the report concludes. "The similarities to Secondary Infektion are not enough to provide conclusive attribution...

Yeah, right. Fuck off then.

In Russian that would be 'Sekondary Infektion' 🧐

greencalx

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 03, 2019, 12:29:01 PM
London is Remainer core territory so 15% for the LDs is a disaster for them. I doubt that's going to go any direction except down from here as the prospect of a Brexit outcome they can't control nears.

At least the Tories have slipped away further. Maybe Labour will have a chance in constituencies like Chingford.

Yeah I don't think the picture will change much in London. I've been fretting about Berger, Umunna and Gyimah - but actually I think the outcome will be neutral in terms of the number of Tory seats. (The annoying thing is that Labour could have had a shot at all three if these arseholes hadn't decided to target Tory / Labour marginals).

greencalx

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 03, 2019, 11:33:22 AM
That politico playbook quote is a load of balony, 'sources tell us' dear god what a joke, almost a complete fabrication to help push a narative.

It does seem that the MPs who are closest to the press are also the ones who are most invested in Labour doing badly.

Mr_Simnock

I'm always very sceptical of reports with 'sources say' in as it's a great way for any old clap trap and lies to appear legit and of course it's handy in the sense that when pushed on who these sources are the 'journalist' can hide behind the old 'we need to keep confidentiality of our sources etc etc'.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 03, 2019, 01:39:32 PM
I'm always very sceptical of reports with 'sources say' in as it's a great way for any old clap trap and lies to appear legit and of course it's handy in the sense that when pushed on who these sources are the 'journalist' can hide behind the old 'we need to keep confidentiality of our sources etc etc'.

Simple answer to this: Anyone who uses "unnamed sources" is not to be trusted.

Norton Canes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DistressedArea on December 03, 2019, 01:43:25 PM
Skeptical.

Quote from: Jakey Chesterton on December 29, 2017, 09:00:55 PM

The Scott Lucas guy the guardian are quoting is a fuckwit who suddenly finds his sceptical side about claims of civilian casualties when they're shia in government controlled

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 19, 2013, 10:28:06 AM
It's not getting across because you've added in the notion of scepticism afterwards, once you've realised how fannyish you were being.

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 03, 2019, 11:38:18 PM

I was sceptical about a spin off but this is very much a 3rd series in all but name.

Quote from: Scrapey Fish on March 09, 2019, 02:55:29 PM

I certainly remember being more sceptical of it than my friends in 2002 or so, having been influenced by the forum, before eventually realising that it is actually good

Quote from: Cuellar on October 23, 2018, 07:24:33 PM
Are you absolutely sure that was Juggy though?

I think people are just sceptical.

etc

New folder

Yes we are all schooled in the Russian technique of Аплоадинг Документов

chveik

when you don't have any smears left, there's always the bloody Russian connection

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

Quote from: New folder on December 03, 2019, 01:50:03 PM

Yes we are all schooled in the Russian technique of Аплоадинг Документов

Dan Sabbagh CV

- Oxford Uni dropout
- Criminal conviction for petty theft (1992)
- Disappears from radar for 4 years
- Junior security correspondent for the Hertfordshire Chronicle (1996-2000)
- Senior security reporter (BBC Herts) (2000-2001)
- Foreign correspondent (Reuters News, Afghanistan) (2001-2005)
- Civil service job during final years of Labour government (2006-2010)
- Special advisor to David Cameron (2010-2014)
- Defence and Security Editor, The Guardian (2014- )

Leo2112

Jo Coburn is equally as vile as Kuenssberg and the rest.  Here's Andy McDonald calling her out today - https://twitter.com/CorbynASAP/status/1201850162215297024

Thomas

QuoteDominic Raab has admitted the US will be able to ramp up the cost of drugs bought by the NHS after Brexit, but insisted the prospect is "hugely unlikely".

Asked if Washington would be free to "jack up prices", the Foreign Secretary replied: "The Americans will take their decisions."

He then claimed: "I think it's hugely unlikely, why would they do that?" – prompting the interviewer to say: "To get more money, that's why."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-raab-brexit-nhs-privatisation-trump-us-drugs-price-increase-a9230661.html?

filth gabs

Quote from: Leo2112 on December 03, 2019, 02:28:22 PM
Jo Coburn is equally as vile as Kuenssberg and the rest.  Here's Andy McDonald calling her out today - https://twitter.com/CorbynASAP/status/1201850162215297024

Yes - you can see her irritation when he provides a decent answer "OK! OK! God, who even asked you, shut up already!"

Back when the Tinge group made it's ground-breaking first day's media appearances, we all remember Angela Smith saying Ash Sarkar had a 'Funny Tinge'.

Ash posted this tweet from that same day's Politics show as well - https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1097509765142450176?lang=en

As soon as Ash brings up policy (the fucking temerity to do so! Talking about policy, to a politician, who is launching a new political party, on a programme called 'The Politics Show' - she needs to get back in her box) Jo Coburn is visibly scandalised - she draws a huge breath and immediately starts to talk over Ash, before moving the conversation on entirely. Absolute fucking hack.

ajsmith2

This doesn't look good for Coburn.

Buelligan

She absolutely is.  I don't watch Politics Live any more because of her.  Very glad to see Andy tell it to her (and all the people watching) straight.

Quote from: Buelligan on November 27, 2019, 12:39:15 PM
Did you know that Jo Coburn is married to Mark Flanagan, he worked in Downing Street from 2005, where he was head of strategic communications for the Labour and Coalition UK Governments. Subsequently, he has become managing director responsible for Portland's Corporate, Health, Content & Brand and Research & Insights teams.

You remember Portland Communications, don't you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Flanagan_(communications)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Communications#Conspiracy_accusations

New folder

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 03, 2019, 02:12:10 PM
Dan Sabbagh CV

- Oxford Uni dropout
- Criminal conviction for petty theft (1992)
- Disappears from radar for 4 years
- Junior security correspondent for the Hertfordshire Chronicle (1996-2000)
- Senior security reporter (BBC Herts) (2000-2001)
- Foreign correspondent (Reuters News, Afghanistan) (2001-2005)
- Civil service job during final years of Labour government (2006-2010)
- Special advisor to David Cameron (2010-2014)
- Defence and Security Editor, The Guardian (2014- )

He could have just said

- MI5 (1992- )

...would've saved us all some time

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: ajsmith2 on December 03, 2019, 03:41:49 PM
This doesn't look good for Coburn.

Good to see Labour belatedly understanding the power of sloganeering, NHS NOT FOR SALE should make at least a few GET BREXIT DONErs have pause for thought.

idunnosomename

Dont mess with the St Petersburg troll farms. Look where they left Mike Gapes.

BlodwynPig

The expression of modern British journalism

"You're making it up!"

Cuellar