Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection Thread Two: Let's Get Johnson Out (Of Number 10)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 29, 2019, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one did you pick

Labour
121 (75.6%)
Dirty cheating, lying fascist Tory Shitcunts
11 (6.9%)
Green
3 (1.9%)
SNP
13 (8.1%)
Plaid
3 (1.9%)
Tinge / Lib Dem
2 (1.3%)
Brexit / Other
5 (3.1%)
Couldn't be arsed voting because I am a maverick!  Smash the state!!!!!  Me not showing up at a polling station always tells 'em who's boss!!!!!
1 (0.6%)
VOTE MOAT
1 (0.6%)
BEARS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

honeychile

Just completed a YouGov poll which included voting intention questions. What was odd was that at the end it asked me what thoughts i had about Jeremy Corbyn's Labour and their manifesto (i put "amazing and inspiring") but didn't ask anything about the Tories.

BlodwynPig

These Iphone News popups telling me to watch what i may have missed during the campaign are sinister and alien and CAN FUCK OFF

biniput

Quote from: kalowski on November 30, 2019, 09:15:40 AM
How I'd love to use, "I was and remain a Professor of Economics" like that, adding a little, "you twat" at the end.

It WAS a very shit answer of hers though and didn't go anywhere near providing either the data he asked for or even give any info on where such info could be found. She appealed to her own authority but was asked a very relevant question on how to back up such claims which a lot of people need so they can understand the consequences of leave.

Blumf

Local campaigning today. It was agreed across parties that this morning was cancelled for obvious reasons, what with the attack yesterday. Guess which party ignored that.

Dex Sawash

Johnny Yesno

I'm reluctant to add to the halo effect but I feel people who mock Cummings's '100D chess!' need to see this: https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/2019/11/lo-fi-boriswave-why-are-conservatives-posting-71-minute-hypnotic-videos-youtube

Cummings says himself that he's not smart but that he's good at putting teams of smart people together. And when you've got oligarchs shovelling money at you, you can afford to experiment. Coupled with those BBC features posted on the last day of voter registration inviting young people to explain why politics is boring, this is pretty sinister. I'm hoping they just don't understand young people, but perhaps they don't have to if they can appeal to alt-right cunts in marginals. It's full-on Jonatton Yeah?: https://youtu.be/y8Q3PNNxNmk?t=15s

Johnny Yesno

DrGreggles

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 39% (-2)
LAB: 33% (+5)
LDEM: 13% (-5)
GRN: 5% (-)
BREX: 4% (+1)

via @BMGResearch
27 - 29 Nov
Chgs. w/ 21 Nov

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1200824832042164225

imitationleather

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 30, 2019, 06:15:32 PM

CON: 39% (-2)
LAB: 33% (+5)
LDEM: 13% (-5)
GRN: 5% (-)
BREX: 4% (+1)

via @BMGResearch
27 - 29 Nov
Chgs. w/ 21 Nov

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1200824832042164225

Phwoar.

greencalx

Can't link right now co I'm getting shit faced at a ceilidh but opinium has closed by 4 points too.

imitationleather

holyzombiejesus

Is that voteswap website still going? Really need something like that. Don't want any kind of pact with those yellow wankers but it's fucking ridiculous in these 3 way constituencies that the tories will win due to split remain vote.

Also, originally posted in GE #1 but...

Does anyone know much about the state of the parties in Northern Ireland? Pretty shabby but I know zip about how the parties are doing there or even what they stand for. The polls here seem to be shifting towards a hung parliament and just wondered who's likely to be around to prop up the tories?

idunnosomename

there is actually a chance - albeit not much of one I grant - that Johnson could lose his seat. that'd be a laugh because it's never happened before because you always have the leader in a safe-as-houses seat

Urinal Cake

This is going to come down to Lib Dem and their voters innit?

greencalx

Possibly. Apparently a fair few undecideds are flirting with the LDs. Surely they should have decided that Swinson is a heap of shit by now? That said, if they do manage to decapitate Raab and other senior Tories in places where Labour will never win, I won't be too upset.

YouGov gap now less than 10 points. I think this would push their MRP close to a hung parliament.

Quote from:  https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1200884503704678402?s=21

CON: 43% (-)
LAB: 34% (+2)
LDEM: 13% (-)
GRN: 3% (+1)
BREX: 2% (-2)

via @YouGov, 28 - 29 Nov
Chgs. w/ 26 Nov

greencalx

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 30, 2019, 10:53:07 PM
there is actually a chance - albeit not much of one I grant - that Johnson could lose his seat. that'd be a laugh because it's never happened before because you always have the leader in a safe-as-houses seat

Apparently this has happened in the dim and distant past. I think the precedent is that the deposed PM sits at the next by-election or gets shuffled into the Lords. One can imagine a Tory in a safe seat standing down to let the leader back in. Though if it's Johnson, maybe not.

steamed hams

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 30, 2019, 10:50:30 PM
Does anyone know much about the state of the parties in Northern Ireland? Pretty shabby but I know zip about how the parties are doing there or even what they stand for. The polls here seem to be shifting towards a hung parliament and just wondered who's likely to be around to prop up the tories?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/30/forget-england-this-election-could-hang-on-tactical-voting

Mentioned briefly above, basically a swing against both of the major parties but not sure if that will translate into seats being lost, maybe one or two at best. I think it's only the DUP that would support the Tories and will have enough seats to make a difference, but it's hard to see that happening again unless they massively backtrack on their opposition to Johnson's Brexit deal.

steamed hams

In terms of Lib Dem voters deciding it, I think it will be partly that and partly down to how many Labour voters switch to the Conservatives in leave-voting seats in the Midlands and the North. Most Conservative gains in that MRP poll came in those seats and I haven't checked but I would imagine in at least some of those the Lib Dem vote would be quite small anyway so it's just a straight fight between Labour and the Tories.

idunnosomename

Quote from: greencalx on November 30, 2019, 11:10:12 PM
Apparently this has happened in the dim and distant past. I think the precedent is that the deposed PM sits at the next by-election or gets shuffled into the Lords. One can imagine a Tory in a safe seat standing down to let the leader back in. Though if it's Johnson, maybe not.
really? quick google seems to indicate it's only party leaders who ever lost their seat

QuoteBalfour was technically the first leader of the opposition in the 20th century to lose his seat at a general election. Herbert Asquith was the second – he was defeated in 1918 and again in 1924 (having returned to Parliament in the interim via a by-election in Paisley). At the 1931 election, Arthur Henderson, leader of the Labour Party, lost his seat during the landslide victory of the national government led by his former party colleague Ramsay MacDonald. Since then, no leader of the opposition has ever lost their seat in a general election.

Leaders of smaller parties have lost their parliamentary seats 18 times since the turn of the 20th century. The Liberal Party lost seven leaders between 1918 and 1979. The most recent example of the phenomenon came in 2010, when the leader of the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), Peter Robinson, failed to win re-election in Belfast East.

before 1900 it was much much easier to maintain your seat because you didnt have as many pesky poor people voting so I cant imagine it ever happened to the prime minster before that