Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection Thread Two: Let's Get Johnson Out (Of Number 10)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 29, 2019, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one did you pick

Labour
121 (75.6%)
Dirty cheating, lying fascist Tory Shitcunts
11 (6.9%)
Green
3 (1.9%)
SNP
13 (8.1%)
Plaid
3 (1.9%)
Tinge / Lib Dem
2 (1.3%)
Brexit / Other
5 (3.1%)
Couldn't be arsed voting because I am a maverick!  Smash the state!!!!!  Me not showing up at a polling station always tells 'em who's boss!!!!!
1 (0.6%)
VOTE MOAT
1 (0.6%)
BEARS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 160

idunnosomename

Quote from: New folder on December 04, 2019, 04:00:51 PM
There was also this:

They've deleted it swiftly after a massive backlash though
Astor liked "dancing" with her "mates" if you know what I mean

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Captain Z on December 04, 2019, 03:52:25 PM
Some of the initial ones are quite encouraging, but then you get to this madness:

Annette Price, aged 57, is the manager of The Express pub in Crewe. She said: "There's various things, the NHS is a big one and schools is a big one because they've had funding taken off them. Because when you've got 10 grandchildren you're going to worry about that. There have been that many cuts and staff cuts in the NHS. It can't get any worse. We need homes for people. We shouldn't have so many people in the streets in this day and age. Not when there's so many derelict buildings. It just shouldn't happen. We're going Conservative because we've no confidence in any of them. I come from a Labour family but it's all changed."

Fucking hell. Reminds me of this woman here https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaLIVE/status/1198914340767727617

Like the quote above, lists a bunch of issues then says without hesitation that she'll be voting for the very people responsible. hard not to be pessimistic knowing people like her are out there spouting this shit. And she's a fucking family support worker!! Actively voting to fuck those people over.

I hope some of the people she "helps" have seen this and tell her to have a fucking word with herself.

Buelligan

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on December 03, 2019, 07:31:18 PM
And/or the drugs budget increasingly eats into staff, equipment and maintenance budgets.  And from there it's not hard to conceive a situation where the NHS can no longer afford to provide even a semblance of the services required.  Then the private healthcare companies can move in and make the case that they can do better, as long as people are required to purchase their lucrative healthcare insurance products.

And, of course, the small matter of who owns NHS data.  Imagine what an imaginative insurer could do with that (and what it would mean for people whose families have already died of heritable diseases).  Do we want to live like that?  What if it's you or yours that has to die because you can't afford the premiums?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamessomauroo/2019/07/24/could-the-nhs-really-sell-its-data-for-12-billion/

bgmnts

If it means an executive at an insurance company gets an extra few hundred grand a year, i'll gladly lay down my life.

Dex Sawash

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202239642029953031

Quote from: Buelligan on December 04, 2019, 04:52:21 PM
And, of course, the small matter of who owns NHS data.  Imagine what an imaginative insurer could do with that (and what it would mean for people whose families have already died of heritable diseases).  Do we want to live like that?  What if it's you or yours that has to die because you can't afford the premiums?

your hypothetical scenario escalated quite quickly there, stop scaremongering

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on December 04, 2019, 04:56:44 PM
If it means an executive at an insurance company gets an extra few hundred grand a year, i'll gladly lay down my life.

And that's what's behind this, it isn't about offering better healthcare, it's about getting more money for money-addicts, for those that already are hugely wealthy, so's they can sit on their pile of money whilst little people struggle and die and think about how much more money they have now they've destroyed the NHS.

Just look at what privatisation has done in other spheres, like the railways and ask yourself who's profiting off of that.

Ask yourself why anyone would trust Johnson or the tories with something as vitally important, as irreplaceable, as the NHS.

SteK

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on December 04, 2019, 05:18:05 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1202239642029953031

your hypothetical scenario escalated quite quickly there, stop scaremongering

I worked on NHS Spine project, 2006-2011 - data from that was sold to third parties. SUS it was called 'Second User System' I think it was. It was later replaced with SUS2

Everyone knows how seriously the United States takes data protection and how robust their standards have proven to be.

Can't see any issues should the US put pressure on a Tory government to align with US standards though. I'm sure Boris and co will just say - "no, we'll just continue to align with the EU standards" Right?

Buelligan

Yep, we'll all bet our actual lives on it, he's that trustworthy.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Not me, I'm not even leaving the tea on the side, I've got my bullhorn out.

jobotic

Another ex-Labour sex pest has come out in favour of the Tories. What a shame to lose such fine people to a party in which they feel more at home.

Replies From View

Quote from: jobotic on December 04, 2019, 06:29:59 PM
Another ex-Labour sex pest has come out in favour of the Tories. What a shame to lose such fine people to a party in which they feel more at home.

They can never flounce quietly though.  It's weird.

littlefoot

Abbott's a PR nightmare and it's astonishing she hasn't been replaced, to be honest. Perhaps it's not surprising she's been JRM'd out of the spotlight.

Buelligan

Can I say how much I enjoy your subtle and yet regular, little ejaculations?

idunnosomename

Grown so wise grown so terrible
Sucking death's mouldy tits.

Sit on my finger, cum in my ear, O littlefoot.

Replies From View

Quote from: littlefoot on December 04, 2019, 07:13:12 PM
In what way does anyone think Abbott is an asset?

Oh wait are you the one who bangs on about bourbon creams?

idunnosomename

at least when she fucked up on her sums she was trying to tell the truth rather than just pulling figures out of her ass like the Tories tend to do.

She isn't the best at media appearances. But she can handle them and the resulting shit better than any of us could. She was on Any Questions on R4 the other week so has been put out there. But being a politician is more than being a media-savvy grinning hunk, you know, or at least it ought to be.

I can't imagine the sort of people who make fun of her being swayed by any black female politician. So they can fuck off.

pigamus

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 04, 2019, 06:57:26 PM
Grown so wise grown so terrible
Sucking death's mouldy tits.

Sit on my finger, cum in my ear, O littlefoot.

Well there's a reference I wasn't expecting.

Replies From View

littlefoot

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 04, 2019, 07:21:12 PM
being a politician is more than being a media-savvy grinning hunk, you know, or at least it ought to be

Totally agreed, it ought to be. And I'm not one to wheel out the Times She Fucked Up, but aside from all that, she has a genuinely terrible media presence, and like it or not that counts for a lot. She's inherently dislikable to many and that has to factor in at some level. "But people should like her and it's their fault if they don't" is a deeply short sighted viewpoint, if anyone here is guilty of it.

gib

Quote from: Replies From View on December 04, 2019, 07:15:17 PM

no, that's the littlestmango or something like that, who is probably a decent person aside from the weird bourbon nonsense

Panbaams

Just switched on Neil/Swinson. The first face you see in the opening credits is still Boris Johnson's! What a farce.

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on December 04, 2019, 07:15:17 PM

Nope, I believe this is the one that bangs on about the lemon drizzle cake.