Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sledgehammer moments in cinema

Started by Twit 2, November 30, 2019, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo filters

The sad and abruptly sudden fate of Marie (Natacha Régnier) at the end of The Dreamlife Of Angels.

Manon (as a young child) seeing the two successful farmers unblock the water supply they sabotaged, when her and her mother are forced to leave the village, at the end of Jean de Florette.

madhair60

Bit in Chicken Run when the chicken gets its head off. Not a dry eye in the house.

Captain Z

When Clive Warren's voice calls "Lesley..." in A Love Of Two Brains.

Egyptian Feast

Any movie with David Rasche in the cast has loads of these.

madhair60

Cuellar

Sin Agog

Sin Agog

Operty1

Have you heard of spoiler tags Sin Agog?

Now i know whats going to happen when it gets dark.

greenman

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

madhair60

Sin Agog

the one where she dances in the dark.

(That better, Operty?)

mrpupkin

At the end of Toy Story 1 when BUZZ says "This isn't flying this is falling with style" and WOODY says "to infinity and beyond" not like earlier when the different one said those things. I am study films for university.

Jerzy Bondov

When Anakin says to himself 'Now this is Pod Racing!' when he flies a spaceship out of another spaceship

Sin Agog

That scene in L'Atalante where the barge guy and Dita Parlo are both in heat writhing about in their separate beds miles apart from one another, shot and edited like they're somehow using the camera as a magical double-sided dildo to bridge the gulf between them.

phantom_power

The reveal in Fight Club
The paranoia section of Goodfellas (watching the sky for helicopters to The Rolling Stones)
The first voiceover section of The Royal Tenenbaums
Wise Up

Bad Ambassador

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I actually wept a little when Captain America finally said "Avengers assemble" in Endgame.

Yes, I am everything that's wrong with western society.

mojo filters

Quote from: phantom_power on December 04, 2019, 12:01:32 PM
Wise Up

You mean the Aimee Mann-soundtracked denouement in the epic, sprawling Paul Thomas Anderson movie Magnolia?

Agreed, but there were several highly emotive moments in that fantastic film!

Custard

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 04, 2019, 02:23:36 PM
I actually wept a little when Captain America finally said "Avengers assemble" in Endgame.

Yes, I am everything that's wrong with western society.

Nah, that was completely earned. A brilliant moment, and got a round of applause and shrieks of delight in the cinema I was in

I know it's a bit cheesy, but Batman telling Bane "I'm here to stop you" in Dark Knight Rises is fist pumping stuff for me. Pity the fight scenes going on around them look a bit shit

Jerzy Bondov

Yeah, beaten Captain America getting back up and walking unarmed towards Thanos. Sorry but it's amazing.

bgmnts

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 04, 2019, 02:34:53 PM
Nah, that was completely earned. A brilliant moment, and got a round of applause and shrieks of delight in the cinema I was in

I know it's a bit cheesy, but Batman telling Bane "I'm here to stop you" in Dark Knight Rises is fist pumping stuff for me. Pity the fight scenes going on around them look a bit shit

Because that's what Batman fucking does! Yes!

But yes would be ace if Nolan didn't quick cut the shit out of those fight scenes.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 04, 2019, 10:45:49 AM
When Anakin says to himself 'Now this is Pod Racing!' when he flies a spaceship out of another spaceship

For my money, the worst dialogue in the prequel trilogy is this exchange between Anakin and Padme in Revenge of the Sith...

Anakin: You are so...beautiful.
Padme: It's only because I'm so in love.
Anakin: No. No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Padme: Then love has blinded you?
Anakin: Well...that's not exactly what I meant.
Padme: But it's probably true.

No matter how many times I re-read that, I simply can't process it at all.  It's a bunch of non sequiturs.  "You can type this shit, George but you can't say it."

bgmnts

That's definitely the gold standard for shit Star Wars dialogue.

madhair60

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 04, 2019, 02:34:53 PM

I loved that moment. Batman becoming his myth, fucking great. Everyone shits on it but they don't get it. Only I understand Batman.

The very end of original Planet of the Apes.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 05, 2019, 06:24:23 AM
The very end of original Planet of the Apes.

Agreed.

'The producers wish to express their appreciation to the National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, for its cooperation in the production of this motion picture.'

'Produced by APJAC Productions Inc. and released by 20th Century-Fox Film Corporation'

Lovely stuff.