Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sledgehammer moments in cinema

Started by Twit 2, November 30, 2019, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Jim Bob on December 05, 2019, 07:56:32 AM
Agreed.

'The producers wish to express their appreciation to the National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, for its cooperation in the production of this motion picture.'

'Produced by APJAC Productions Inc. and released by 20th Century-Fox Film Corporation'

Lovely stuff.

Ha-ha.  No, I meant Charlton Veston's very last scene before the closing credits.

Jittlebags

Charlton Heston put his vest on. To quote Stump.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Jittlebags on December 06, 2019, 01:42:22 PM
Charlton Heston put his vest on. To quote Stump.

Hehe, was listening to them last night.  Lights!  Camel! Action!

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 06, 2019, 03:21:48 PM
Hehe, was listening to them last night.  Lights!  Camel! Action!

Weird. One of my colleagues was talking earlier about the nativity play her kid is in, which is called Lights! Camel! Action! She'd never heard of Stump though. You wait ages for one Stump reference etc. etc.

https://youtu.be/4ToUAkEF_d4

Lordofthefiles

The bit in Possession when she flips her wig in the underground station.

https://youtu.be/l7PuXAsPl9c

bushwick

The horrible bit in Man Bites Dog in the flat where the documentary makers join in. That sledgehammered me when I first saw it, the film is light hearted up until then.

Kryton

Martyrs. Most of the film. The sheer cold brutality of it all. The nastiness. And then.... the ending.

Cuellar

Yussef Dent

The sack in the room suddenly moving in Audition. Leading up to that the film's pace slows down to a point where there seems to be very little progression whatsoever, but it's all very deliberate. I think Miike once said he wanted to almost bore the viewer before that scene for maximum effect. In just a second everything changes and you instantly know something is seriously f***ed up and whatever is going to happen from then onwards in the film is going to be pretty bloody disturbing.

Mr_Simnock

Every time scrappy doo solves a mystery, the reveals are always startling..

Norton Canes

Quote from: bushwick on December 09, 2019, 03:22:00 PM
The horrible bit in Man Bites Dog in the flat where the documentary makers join in. That sledgehammered me when I first saw it, the film is light hearted up until then

"Cinemaaaa!"

Quote from: Yussef Dent on December 12, 2019, 01:05:39 PM
The sack in the room suddenly moving in Audition. Leading up to that the film's pace slows down to a point where there seems to be very little progression whatsoever, but it's all very deliberate. I think Miike once said he wanted to almost bore the viewer before that scene for maximum effect. In just a second everything changes and you instantly know something is seriously f***ed up and whatever is going to happen from then onwards in the film is going to be pretty bloody disturbing.

God yeh, that film freaked me out.

The noises in the "Kiri Kiri" scene. Ugh.

kalowski

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on December 03, 2019, 12:00:58 PM
That moment in Dancer in the Dark.
God yes, when Bruce calls Courtney Cox up on stage.