Author Topic: Update on non-homelessness  (Read 1459 times)

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
Re: Update on non-homelessness
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »
It is a great relief to hear you're not kipping under an upturned boat.

Interesting that the green pig was drawn by a friend of yours, i was convinced I recognised it from somewhere and have been on the verge of asking where I knew it from a couple or more times. Its a cracker.

I have been on other forums like off the top of my gwladrugby yakyak beexcellentoteachother urban75 b3ta (uk) and more. The avatar was drawn by mate martin who used to write for rockpapapershotgun and edge magazine in print under the name marsh davies. Only in vague contact with him as usually call him drunk at 3am and feel guilty.

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »
Ah, I'm so glad to hear you've a roof and a bed Gash.  Thank you for telling this.  Made me laugh at myself.

I was just about to start a thread called HOW DO WE FUCKING STAND IT 1!!!111!!!!?  All about how I just got home from a row of bone-weary shifts, knowing I would need to light my fire (only heating) and that my chimney's blocked.  Decided to bite the fucking bullet, exhausted though I may well be, rammed the old chimney sweep brush up there.  It got stuck.  Had to dismantle the flue.  Covered myself and the room in wet soot.  I stink like an ashtray and am stained blackish yellow (mostly the hands and face and clothes), I've hurt my back, my chimney still blocked except for the bits on the floor, have got the fucking brush out though and I haven't even fucking eaten today and I'm laughing because we're OK and these little things don't really matter afuckingtall. 

Thank you for making my day immeasurably better with this positive news, all power to you, old darling.  Cup of tea now, I think.

Well that made me laugh too, someone suggested it was a cruel Channel 4 experiment... "Put five drunks in a house in a posh neighbourhood surrounded by pubs, what could possibly go wrong?"

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 05:24:38 PM »
Ever considered writing a book?

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
Ever considered writing a book?

Tried a few times, still have the first few pages of one I started on my sixteenth birthday, bored, drunk, depressed and had just read american psycho - it is not pretty prose.

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
Write a memoir.

canadagoose

• lest we not forgot
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »
Hey Gash, I'm glad you're OK. I hope to see many more neon pig posts on the forum in the future.

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »
Hey Gash, I'm glad you're OK. I hope to see many more neon pig posts on the forum in the future.

Thanks  goosey, hope to be here for a long time and not a good time... sure I've got that one wrong. x

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »
Interestingly, I often listen to Marsh Davies on a PC games podcast.  Small world.

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »
Interestingly, I often listen to Marsh Davies on a PC games podcast.  Small world.

which one? would like to hear it myself... he tried to explain the marsh thing but unfortunately was too drunk.

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 02:54:15 AM »
We have never interacted, not even a message in a bottle sent via oceans, which I believe is popular these days.  But stay strong my man/women/xenomorph. X

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 03:33:18 AM »
which one? would like to hear it myself... he tried to explain the marsh thing but unfortunately was too drunk.

The Crate and Crowbar; he was away for a few years but back now.

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 03:54:39 AM »
Glad to hear that you're relatively okay, gash. Rooting for you

Flouncer

• See ya on the other side, ya goddamn cracker ass!
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
 Hope to see you back on CaB TV man, when you get your internet privileges! Hope things get less turbulent for you soon. :-)

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 11:23:09 AM »
Hope to see you back on CaB TV man, when you get your internet privileges! Hope things get less turbulent for you soon. :-)

Loved your shows and even flaky wifi hotspot from phone has a been a massive boon. Hoping to see a support worker today and maybe get wi-fi access. But who knows? just listening to pods and trying to stay sane.

Thanks also to monsieur  and other well wishers, much appreciated.

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 02:37:06 PM »
um, running low on data, can anyone recommend a wifi dongle? currently using my asda payg mobile  as a hotspot but extra data is expensive. Was used to old virgin speeds but happily pay up to 40 quid a month for decent ish speeds for general use. Should be in techie help but if anyone has a recco, drop me a line here or via pm.

Zetetic

• Burying isn't the same as killing.
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »
I believe Vodafone do fairly competitive ones and I've had no trouble whatsoever in most of Cardiff using my mobile as a hotspot. I can't guarantee the speed, but it's fast enough to do remote work with fairly large amounts of data.

Edit: I might have a spare mobile you could use as a 4G hot spot, if you don't care about having any battery life. (You'd have to keep it plugged in to the laptop almost continuously.) Would save the cost of the dongle. Will see if I can find one that's not actually dangerous.

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 07:45:01 AM »
I believe Vodafone do fairly competitive ones and I've had no trouble whatsoever in most of Cardiff using my mobile as a hotspot. I can't guarantee the speed, but it's fast enough to do remote work with fairly large amounts of data.

Edit: I might have a spare mobile you could use as a 4G hot spot, if you don't care about having any battery life. (You'd have to keep it plugged in to the laptop almost continuously.) Would save the cost of the dongle. Will see if I can find one that's not actually dangerous.

That would be amazing, the place I am in is free leccy but I think my xperia is tied to asda/ee.

Edit: please pm me etc...

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Glad to hear things aren't as bad as they could be, but yeah it's shit, people shouldn't go through this in a civilised country.

Certainly won't be voting Tory...

remedial_gash

• Evil green pig.
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »
thanks bro - google doesn't auto correct welsh and am not fluent. :-)

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2019, 06:11:01 PM »
Glad to hear you're not on the streets, and things are going relatively ok. I think being on the streets is one of the worst things that can happen to you. Yeah, this is definitely good news; hope things continue to improve for you.