Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Die Hard: Festive or not?

Started by bgmnts, December 01, 2019, 11:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

I love the lot of you but this DIE HARD shite every Christmas is fucking line manager level patter. DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE is the best one, then Die Hard, then Die Hard Trilogy Ther Game for PS1 then Die Hard 2 then the remake where The Rock has a giant silicone plonker that thinks

Are there many films set at Easter? I mean ones that aren't primarily about Easter. Before some smart arse names a flick about Jesus, remember that most of them don't have a resurrection. And anyway, I mean the modern interpretation of Easter, with eggs and stuff.

Thursday

Quote from: Goldentony on December 01, 2019, 08:30:16 PM
I love the lot of you but this DIE HARD shite every Christmas is fucking line manager level patter. DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE is the best one, then Die Hard, then Die Hard Trilogy Ther Game for PS1 then Die Hard 2 then the remake where The Rock has a giant silicone plonker that thinks

I was going to say, I assumed this thread was going to take a twist on the usual shite twitter patter, but it's not really succeeded.

bgmnts

I am sorry this was an uninspired thread I just wanted the cab consensus on this issue.

Kill me.

Dr Rock

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 01, 2019, 08:55:47 PM
Are there many films set at Easter? I mean ones that aren't primarily about Easter. Before some smart arse names a flick about Jesus, remember that most of them don't have a resurrection. And anyway, I mean the modern interpretation of Easter, with eggs and stuff.

dallasman

Is Die Hard a X-mas movie or an X-mas movie? Both seem wrong.

Jim Bob

Critters 2: The Main Course.

Jim Bob

Quote from: dallasman on December 01, 2019, 10:31:49 PM
Is Die Hard a X-mas movie or an X-mas movie? Both seem wrong.

Nah, it was rated R by the MPAA, so it's an R-mas movie.

Captain Z

Is The Lion King a Christmas movie, given that it takes place at Christmas?

studpuppet

Are there many films set at Easter? I mean ones that aren't primarily about Easter.

studpuppet

James Bond was always a Christmas film. OHMSS even had a Christmas Song.

Thursday

Quote from: bgmnts on December 01, 2019, 08:59:10 PM
I am sorry this was an uninspired thread I just wanted the cab consensus on this issue.

Kill me.

Oh don't worry about it, there was potential.

Bad Ambassador

It's a Christmas film if you decide for yourself that it is. There's no consensus on the matter, and trying to force other people to agree with you on the matter is just twatty behaviour.

I don't think OHMSS is a Christmas film, but it's nice to watch at Christmas because of all the on-screen paraphenalia. Hell, I'm planning to watch TRON Legacy this month because it came out at Christmas and I associate with this time of year. But I'm not going to argue it's a Christmas film because it's entirely subjective anyway.

I don't even like Die Hard anyway. I don't watch it at any time of year.

BlodwynPig

*snigger*

*this'll get them*

"Mr. Bean's Holiday is a Christmas Film"

*titter into distance*

"I WIN....I WINNNNN"

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 01, 2019, 01:05:36 PM
Is there a difference between a Christmas movie and a move set at Christmas?

Yes. First Blood is set at Christmas, but it is in no way shape or form a Christmas film. Christmas doesn't have any bearing on the plot or themes, unless you regard John Rambo as some sort of martyred Christlike figure. Even if you do, which you shouldn't, because he isn't, that doesn't make any sense, as little baby Jesus Christ was born on Christmas Day.

Now if First Blood was set at Easter...

Gulftastic

They sing 'The 12 Days of Xmas' in The Great Escape.

Blumf

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 02, 2019, 07:24:47 PM
They sing 'The 12 Days of Xmas' in The Great Escape.

"Merry Christmas!"

"And a happy new year to you too."

easytarget

Christmas Ape  - Christmas film
Christmas Ape Goes To Summer Camp - Not a Christmas film

Dropshadow

Well, I have to say that I've never - and I never will - watch it during the spring, summer or autumn months. You know, because of all the festive stuff in it.

My favourite Christmas movie you say?

Hehe have you ever heard of a lil flick called Die Hard?

Hehehe

BlodwynPig

We played that game where you have to guess who you are, which is written on the card stuck to your forehead. It was a christmas drinks thing.

I wrote Die Hard... 2 for someone to guess in honour of this thread

QDRPHNC

Know what always got on my tits? The guy at the front desk makes Die Hard go through the staff directory, then when he finds them, tells Die Hard they're the only ones in the building. So whys you make him use the computer then???

I know why he did actually.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on December 02, 2019, 09:24:12 AM
It's a Christmas film if you decide for yourself that it is. There's no consensus on the matter, and trying to force other people to agree with you on the matter is just twatty behaviour.

Would you say Twin Peaks: The Return is a Christmas film or not, in your personal opinion?

Goldentony

Oh my god, close this arse wiping thread about this fucking film for BASTARDS

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Goldentony on December 14, 2019, 07:29:46 PM
Oh my god, close this arse wiping thread about this fucking film for BASTARDS

... is a Christmas film

Blumf

Sebastian Cobb

Agree this is shit for cunts patter.

It's a Wonderful Life, Muppets Christmas Carol and Scrooged are solid Christmas films. Planes Trains and Automobiles feels like a christmas film, but isn't because thanksgiving doesn't exist in the united kingdom. Comfort and Joy is a borderline Christmas film I suppose because 'Dicky' Bird gets dumped at Christmas.

Jim Bob

Agrees this is shit for cunts patter.

Proceeds to take part in said patter.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 14, 2019, 12:47:36 AM
Know what always got on my tits? The guy at the front desk makes Die Hard go through the staff directory, then when he finds them, tells Die Hard they're the only ones in the building. So whys you make him use the computer then???

I know why he did actually.
The spelling of his wife's surname changes when he presses on it. It's such a glaring error I don't understand how they left it in.